Lord_Binky

Fame and Fortune - Creativity

I was just reading through the Town Square module description and a few questions/ideas formed about the finished game

One of the features states we can 'grab a canvas and some paint to show your artistic talent' this is exciting for me as i'm quite creative; imagine if i could take an easel to a location and then paint it, that would be great!  Also if I paint something of sufficient quality I could even see my canvas on the art gallery walls!  But does this mean I could potentially become a famous, in-game artist?  Heck, can I make my fortune by painting the Identity-equivalent of The Mona Lisa?  Is their a way to earn from my creations?  Can I sell digital prints to my fellow players so they can display my works of art in their house?

Another feature I am drawn to is the library/book setup. 'A small library is filled with real classic stories...'  Excellent, so I can read a good book in my apartment or maybe in the park?  We can also write our own books and add them to the library for others to read.  So i can give my books away, but if I write something can I submit it to an NPC/player/dev-publisher?  Is it possible for my character to gain wealth by becoming an in-game author? 

Lastly, the karaoke bar feature.  This got me questioning a career as a singer?  Whilst i'm confident no one would want to hear my tuneless voice I can imagine real singers/bands etc will play Identity too.  Can they release albums, perform gigs to earn in-game currency?

There are a tone of possibilities when it comes to getting famous and it's not all about money though.  If we earn enough renown we could gain access to various perks/buffs dependent of  the perceived status.  A few ideas;

Local celebrity - Gain access to a perk that slows the rate your distress meter increases, making you harder to grief/harm/kidnap.

Starlet - As an up and coming talent you can employ the services of a special NPC stylist.  Begin to hone your unique identity and stand out from the crowd with elite skins and options for your appearance (hair, face and body sliders not available anywhere else).

B-list  - You've earned an important choice between two perks 'paparazzi' and 'starstruck'.  Paparazzi - Crimes committed against you have a 90% chance of being broadcast across the server-media with the criminal's details made public.  Starstruck - Other players get a time-limited buff (a happy-glow from seeing a celebrity) and you benefit from a 40% chance of receiving a freebie when in a shop/restaurant.

A-list - You've done it!  Your presence will turns heads with the superstar face/body skins (a rare menu of options that, once a combination is made, removes that choice from anyone else.  This way your identity is truly unique.)  As an A-list celebrity you have to dress to impress, your adoring fans expect it!  Fear not as you now have access to a special wardrobe containing has every clothing skin in the game.  The downside being you can only have the selected outfit for 24 hours, and never wear the same item twice.  All A-list characters have a 30% chance to cause an involuntary-emote from fellow players (gasp/cheer/wave etc)

Anyone think this is possible or am I hoping for too much?

Edited by Lord_Binky
  • Like 1

It would be cool, and the local-celebrity status could be earned by any number of professions as they do their jobs.  A detective cracks a case and becomes a local hero.

I'll be govna' smoking a bong, skateboarding with 4 body guards cause There has to be a little time before I legalize it.

9 minutes ago, NutterButter said:

Gotta get everyone pumping me in evidence.

Lol woah. Dirty president nutterbutter.. Awe shucks..

Wow, you get corrupted fast.  You'll make a fantastic president!

Wake up to Nutterbutter everyday!  Make your vote count!