Sign in to follow this  
ChillBilly

The thing about ideas

I have noticed a lot of hateful comments when new members to the forums are posting ideas. Like it or not, we are all members of a community now. This cannot be done with one person. We strive off of ideas and comments from others. Please do not post hateful or outrageously negative comments about someone or their ideas. Please DO NOT tell them to go play some other game because they want their experience to be similar to another game's experience.

Ideas from other games are always used. Just because it is not your opinion, does not mean that someone else shouldn't request or suggest their own opinions.

Having said that, negative feedback is just as good as positive feedback. Be constructive with your criticism. Remember that your criticisms can be taken so wrong that a new member of the community may feel alienated and not welcome. I am positive that the devs and the staff members of this community do not want to alienate their players. This is a business and if you truly want to help with your opinions on others ideas, remember that it is a business.

Be serious, be polite, and be courteous to others.

@ChillBilly I think you are referring to @JamesLuck01 here on that post about fires, I can assure you that doesn't happen very often, the community here is supportive at heart and only starts ranting at newbies when they ask shit such as "Where do I download" or "When is the release date" Because they just prove complete ignorance and not a genuine question.

5 minutes ago, Kickapoo said:

@ChillBilly I think you are referring to @JamesLuck01 here on that post about fires, I can assure you that doesn't happen very often, the community here is supportive at heart and only starts ranting at newbies when they ask shit such as "Where do I download" or "When is the release date" Because they just prove complete ignorance and not a genuine question.

I am not directing the post at anyone in particular. It's only important to remember to be courteous. It's even for the new people that come in. Though we have negative commenters, they do not speak for the rest of us. Thank you Kickapoo.

4 minutes ago, ChillBilly said:

I am not directing the post at anyone in particular. It's only important to remember to be courteous. It's even for the new people that come in. Though we have negative commenters, they do not speak for the rest of us. Thank you Kickapoo.

Clearly you haven't been here long enough then xD We are courteous though I don't believe there is an issue of treating newcomers with a lack of respect. And saying "Thank you Kickapoo" like you did sounds vaguely patronising to me, so maybe your own courtesies are of question here.

6 minutes ago, Kickapoo said:

Clearly you haven't been here long enough then xD We are courteous though I don't believe there is an issue of treating newcomers with a lack of respect. And saying "Thank you Kickapoo" like you did sounds vaguely patronising to me, so maybe your own courtesies are of question here.

Absolutely not Kickapoo, I was agreeing with you in a sense. I wouldn't dream of patronizing you. I was thanking you for being in agreement with you. Perhaps I should have worded it better. Take for instance the post where you asked JamesLuck to chill. That entire thread is an example of this very post. I think you and I are on the verge of becoming friends. Can you have that responsibility Kickapoo? Can you handle it?

19 minutes ago, ChillBilly said:

Absolutely not Kickapoo, I was agreeing with you in a sense. I wouldn't dream of patronizing you. I was thanking you for being in agreement with you. Perhaps I should have worded it better. Take for instance the post where you asked JamesLuck to chill. That entire thread is an example of this very post. I think you and I are on the verge of becoming friends. Can you have that responsibility Kickapoo? Can you handle it?

Debating, turned a little more than i wanted it with my start of my first post. thats why I tried turning it to saying that the suggestion would better fit if it was an option and that if devs was not trying to get a 300 player cap instead of a small span of 25 players. But also that means they can allow you to choose to either to have AI or not to have it. Where is the realism @Kickapoo in AI being all over the map/ how can you physically RP with them (they don't talk)

Edited by JamesLuck01

4 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Debating, turned a little more than i wanted it with my start of my first post. thats why I tried turning it to saying that the suggestion would better fit if it was an option and that if devs was not trying to get a 300 player cap instead of a small span of 25 players. But also that means they can allow you to choose to either to have AI or not to have it. Where is the realism @Kickapoo in AI being all over the map/ how can you physically RP with them (they don't talk)

Can we not start this here? Let's make an argument post or something where we can fight. I don't want to take anything away from the OP.

3 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

@ChillBilly Sure just one last question, James I never said anything about NPC's you said that fires could not be started by players and they start randomly instead, I asked where the realism was in that...

Edit: Never mind you answered it on the other post

Edited by Kickapoo

3 hours ago, ChillBilly said:

Sure thing bro if you can stay long enough without getting bored of the almost non existent updates then we should get on jussst fine! 

50 minutes ago, Kickapoo said:

@ChillBilly Sure just one last question, James I never said anything about NPC's you said that fires could not be started by players and they start randomly instead, I asked where the realism was in that...

Edit: Never mind you answered it on the other post

I only said that because i was sure they answered a tweet with that reply and so I asked about the NPC's because they are definately been mentioned as vendors only. So you said there is no realism in what i stated which was given by the dev twitter and i then stated a question about the other guys suggestion as because that was also with more cons than pros than the fires. I want player started fires and still do!

Edited by JamesLuck01