ItsMe

Embassy's

This is just an idea i had. What if you could work as an embassador for a foreign contry? I mean personally i think it sounds very fun, but i wonder what other people think. Is it a bad idea if so why?

What would you even do? I mean, you can't speak on behalf of a country. There wouldn't be any embassy's in the city in Identity. 

Edited by AndrewDonaldson

10 hours ago, AndrewDonaldson said:

What would you even do? I mean, you can't speak on behalf of a country. There wouldn't be any embassy's in the city in Identity. 

Not everything would be able to be made by players so an ambassador would have to talk with the govenor and mayors creating trade. They say they want servers with about 300 people on it. 300 people would't be enough to produce everything. An ambassador would help manage this flow of trade

According to the incident command system, and any working government system, the pattern would follow a 1:7 ratio in a server of 300 people. Therefore there would need to be 1 person for every 43 (rounded up) people for a government to work.

Let's break down what a local government consists of:

1. Mayor

2. City or County Clerk

3. City or County Commissioner

4. Police Chief

5. Fire Chief

6. Treasury

7. Sanitation

This is not all of what makes up a local government, however it will serve the purpose of showing how many players would be needed to complete your request.

An ambassador would require foreign policy, a foreign policy would require a country, a country would require a state, a state would require a county, and a county would require a city.

7 people are required to run a city of 300, using the 1:7 ICS system.

Using 300 players as a baseline, this means the entire country or server would require 8400 players.

Is it plausible? Yes, but the server would need to hold the minimum capacity of 8400 players to actually give the ambassador something to do.

In other words, if there isn't a need for an ambassador, there is no ambassador. Without a need, it's a fancy title without a purpose.

--------

Someone please check my math (It's Early). 4 states of government equals 28 total government employees, 7 times 300 is 2100, 2100 times 4 states of government equals 8400 players. this is assuming that 300 players stays the same for all 4 governments 300 (City) 300 (County) 300 (State) 300 (Country).

Governments should be based from population not from map size.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ChillBilly said:

According to the incident command system, and any working government system, the pattern would follow a 1:7 ratio in a server of 300 people. Therefore there would need to be 1 person for every 43 (rounded up) people for a government to work.

Let's break down what a local government consists of:

1. Mayor

2. City or County Clerk

3. City or County Commissioner

4. Police Chief

5. Fire Chief

6. Treasury

7. Sanitation

This is not all of what makes up a local government, however it will serve the purpose of showing how many players would be needed to complete your request.

An ambassador would require foreign policy, a foreign policy would require a country, a country would require a state, a state would require a county, and a county would require a city.

7 people are required to run a city of 300, using the 1:7 ICS system.

Using 300 players as a baseline, this means the entire country or server would require 8400 players.

Is it plausible? Yes, but the server would need to hold the minimum capacity of 8400 players to actually give the ambassador something to do.

In other words, if there isn't a need for an ambassador, there is no ambassador. Without a need, it's a fancy title without a purpose.

--------

Someone please check my math (It's Early). 4 states of government equals 28 total government employees, 7 times 300 is 2100, 2100 times 4 states of government equals 8400 players. this is assuming that 300 players stays the same for all 4 governments 300 (City) 300 (County) 300 (State) 300 (Country).

Governments should be based from population not from map size.

I am not saying to create a new contry i am saying to make a system where an "ambassodor" would have to manage the flow of none player produced objects. becouse 300 people is not enough to produce everything. If you got a better system please tell me

5 hours ago, ItsMe said:

I am not saying to create a new contry i am saying to make a system where an "ambassodor" would have to manage the flow of none player produced objects. becouse 300 people is not enough to produce everything. If you got a better system please tell me

I'm confused. The ambassador produces product?

3 hours ago, ChillBilly said:

I'm confused. The ambassador produces product?

No, he does not produce the product. He have to RP the country he is working for and its relations to the island we are on. he would have to manage the relations between the two nations there for generating trade. So that the market is not overflowed with foreign products.

12 minutes ago, ItsMe said:

No, he does not produce the product. He have to RP the country he is working for and its relations to the island we are on. he would have to manage the relations between the two nations there for generating trade. So that the market is not overflowed with foreign products.

But there are no other countries to contact. The island of Identity is the only country. In terms of gameplay, there is nothing that an ambassador would need to do. 

This is just an idea to how outside products can come in to the game. Becouse 300 people can't creat everything

Guys,

You are thinking too big. I love the idea of new and exciting opportunities for players, do not get me wrong. A centralized government needs to be small. If it expands too quickly it falls apart. I trust the developers of the game, but ultimately it is the servers that will maintain these governments. It is my fear that it will be over expanded and essentially do nothing. Once crimes, times, and laws have been created, it becomes an idle job. It isn't like police or the criminal justice system, that are ever changing with new policies and what not. The Government is great at the start, but only needs to be managed by few.

18 minutes ago, ChillBilly said:

Guys,

You are thinking too big. I love the idea of new and exciting opportunities for players, do not get me wrong. A centralized government needs to be small. If it expands too quickly it falls apart. I trust the developers of the game, but ultimately it is the servers that will maintain these governments. It is my fear that it will be over expanded and essentially do nothing. Once crimes, times, and laws have been created, it becomes an idle job. It isn't like police or the criminal justice system, that are ever changing with new policies and what not. The Government is great at the start, but only needs to be managed by few.

The trick is; finding those few who are qualified and capable. 

9 minutes ago, AndrewDonaldson said:

The trick is; finding those few who are qualified and capable. 

That's easy. You find the ones that don't want it, or don't want the title. When you encounter someone who wants the title, your experience turns to proverbial shit.

@ChillBilly

What? haha, you find the people who don't want to be in a position of power, and put them in a position of power? I am confused. I have never seriously roleplayed, so I don't know how to find people 'worthy' of a authoritative position. 

3 minutes ago, AndrewDonaldson said:

@ChillBilly

What? haha, you find the people who don't want to be in a position of power, and put them in a position of power? I am confused. I have never seriously roleplayed, so I don't know how to find people 'worthy' of a authoritative position. 

Right. People will do the job without being recognized for having done the job. You have to find someone who is humble, works hard, documents and so on. Someone who is only after the title will do nothing but have the title and delay progress.

8 minutes ago, AndrewDonaldson said:

@ChillBilly

Man, you sound like you have a lot of experience in these matters. How would one go about finding these humble people?

The great thing is, they find you. You can start a community, or be involved in one. Have an idea and start doing it. The people will come and work on it without you having asked them. Those are the humble people you will find.