Chaoss

Hey, Cháoss here

Hi there, Cháoss here (that's pronounced like "Chow-ss" and is my irl name). I'm a game and virtual reality developer by trade and have been designing virtual environments since the early days of Quake 1 modding (1998), I'm a massive virtual reality enthusiast as well as developer and hope to see many virtual experiences similar to this one make it big and is the reason I am here as well as loving sandbox style games like this one. I live in Angel in London and also love rock, metal, industrial music and going to parties, raves and clubs.

I hope to help the developers here by offering them feedback and ideas, what works and what doesn't and what could be improved as well as offering them honest criticism. I also hope to offer my expertese in helping to develop 3d models and assets for the community and the developers if wanted/needed.

• Like 1

I am going to beat James to the punch on this one. First of all welcome. Second of all.. search the forums before you post on a subject or James will come down on you like a Thundercougarfalconbird.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, ChillBilly said:

I am going to beat James to the punch on this one. First of all welcome. Second of all.. search the forums before you post on a subject or James will come down on you like a Thundercougarfalconbird.

I did already but I don't get any search results, I'm not getting any search results for anything though I don't think the search function is working correctly for me, I did have a 'flick through' most of the forums and didn't see anything related to virtual reality being asked though. You'll have to bare with me on this I don't really use online forums much and only really use/stick to Reddit. Do you guys have a Reddit community I can use? I might fit in better there.

Edited by Chaoss
added quote and a question.

lol dude.. I was just bustin James' balls.. You're fine. It's just they don't want duplicate threads on things already posted. I guess they want resurrections.

7 minutes ago, ChillBilly said:

lol dude.. I was just bustin James' balls.. You're fine. It's just they don't want duplicate threads on things already posted. I guess they want resurrections.

Ok thanks for the warning, I guess it works differently here, usually communities I used to visit have a 'no resurrections' rule and prefer you to post the question if it is not on the first page.

Edited by Chaoss

Hey Chaoss, welcome to the Identity forums! We love hearing from other modders and developers. I'm not sure where it is coming from, but It's ok to ask duplicate questions here! You're into VR, have you bought a Rift or Vive yet? We've been toying around with VR development in our downtime, and would like to implement it into Identity!

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Motown said:

Hey Chaoss, welcome to the Identity forums! We love hearing from other modders and developers. I'm not sure where it is coming from, but It's ok to ask duplicate questions here! You're into VR, have you bought a Rift or Vive yet? We've been toying around with VR development in our downtime, and would like to implement it into Identity!

I have an Oculus Rift DK1, HD Prototype, DK2 and I had a CV1 but I unfortunately had to sell it as my CPu failed and I needed to fund a replacement. I also own a HTC Vive Pre (which is the same as the consumer version). You should definatly look at getting it in ASAP as there are a lot of people that'd suddenly be very interested in your project.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ChillBilly said:

Well Yes you beat me to it, well done, but I didn't have my monitor as my brother was actually using it as he got his HTC Vive today and wanted to test it out, as he has to wait for a hdmi splitter wire he needed to connect for his monitor and vive headset. 

2 hours ago, Motown said:

I'm not sure where it is coming from, but It's ok to ask duplicate questions here! 

Well, yeah but its the same community members who answer questions and also it makes pages and pages when searching if people don't search for the questions. Also its the community members like me who ask if the new members to search before posting as the same questions get posted constantly and they dont even read anything about the game. Some look at the video, not paying attention to it then ask the things which were answered in the video. They barely use the FAQ and cause a clutter of FAQ stuff. I don't mind if they search first and they cant find the stuff they are looking for first and then posting.

1 hour ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Well Yes you beat me to it, well done, but I didn't have my monitor as my brother was actually using it as he got his HTC Vive today and wanted to test it out, as he has to wait for a hdmi splitter wire he needed to connect for his monitor and vive headset. 

Well, yeah but its the same community members who answer questions and also it makes pages and pages when searching if people don't search for the questions. Also its the community members like me who ask if the new members to search before posting as the same questions get posted constantly and they dont even read anything about the game. Some look at the video, not paying attention to it then ask the things which were answered in the video. They barely use the FAQ and cause a clutter of FAQ stuff. I don't mind if they search first and they cant find the stuff they are looking for first and then posting.

Yea I agree.. Duplicate posts generally do not build much, however if you search and find someone who has similar ideas you could idea toss with them. It's a double edged sword I suppose. I just assumed there was a post about duplicate posts.