Sign in to follow this  
ChillBilly

Freight Brokerage

tractors.jpg.dc6f9bc3cea4c4fbdbb88cf3cbdOversized.jpg.a686c7e533be5e05a18737f272Rockshaker.jpg.90f1d4b92fb4b44c8d3be64d0

I have searched through the forums and I have seen a lot of talk about transportation jobs. Trucking is a huge genre of awesome, people love trucking simulators. What they take for granted is the person that actually brokers the load or freight going from one place or another.

I am a CDL Carrier, I am also a CDL Instructor. What people focus on mainly in transportation is the physical carrying of the freight but never actually the office jobs associated with how the load is picked up, and how the load is received.

What I propose is a Logistics Broker career. This individual will find, sell and assign loads to truckers in need of finding a load from one point to another. This person, much like in real life, gains a percentage (Usually 10%) of each load he or she assigns to a driver. This is one of those idle jobs but it can be quite lucrative.

There are essentially 3 stages to becoming a full broker:

1. Hire on with a trucking company - as a trainee - Or a Dispatcher (Dispatchers are not paid percentage of loads, rather an hourly rate. They work for the Broker and the Company.)

2. Become an Agent - this person works for the Broker (Think Assistant or Secretary)

3. Obtain a Broker License - Broker loads on your own.

Seeing is that most of the careers are already leveled careers with different job titles, this should be easy to do.

Now, I will stop explaining and open it up for questions. Ask Me Anything, I am a Trucker.

Edited by ChillBilly
  • Like 1

Yeah. Cool idea. But I believe for simplistic sake and not to make the game having to many unfull filled jobs, I doubt this would be a feature. As what I would pre-assume that would happen is:

The retailer who sells the products decides what to purchase. Then the shop keeper contacts a local warehouse or factory (or anything alike), and they make the products. Then for who ever is a transporter, gets a message of avaliable jobs and decides if he/she wants to do the job, or, the transporter open (for example) an app/webbsite on their phone and selects an avaliable job. Then, the delivery happens, and thats it. Money wise, the retailer pays the maker and the maker pays the deliverer. (Or something like that). So yeah. (Or I guess the delivery can happen manually by the person who buys it / sells it.