Trains

Hi! I wonder, if there's going to be trains in Identity? If so, would it be possible to be a train driver? My biggest dream, in my whole life, have always been to be train driver, and I'm going to be a train driver, when I'm at that age. But again, I wonder, if there's trains, and if it would be possible, to be a train driver?

On 03/01/2016 at 2:11 AM, Paratus said:

The trains cannot be controlled only because a lot of player may rely on their schedule and giving control of that to players would cause all kinds of problems if a griefer got behind the... stick?

The trains are not instant travel, but they're fast. They are actual trains driving through the land on a set schedule.

Trains will not be controllable by players according to this post by Paratus, the project lead. Sorry.

Edited by Crafty
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Crafty said:

Trains will not be controllable by players according to this post by Paratus, the project lead. Sorry.

Okay. But then I hope the trains look realistic, and not just like GTA V where it's like a tram driving around. It looks terrible *Facepalm*

8 hours ago, MikaFromDenmark said:

Okay. But then I hope the trains look realistic, and not just like GTA V where it's like a tram driving around. It looks terrible *Facepalm*

Given how much work they have and continue to put into the game. I doubt they would cheap out on "basic" trains or the train system as a whole. They do have a Twitter page that you can visit to promote your concern if you want, they may answer your question in much more detail than I can offer. :) 

Sounds great. I am very happy this game will not have instant teleportation or "virtual compass." I love the idea of the train that won't be instant but you can at least ride on it and it will be moving to get to your destination fast. 

On a side note, couldn't they make citizens have to go through a driving school test and then once they get their license through much training become an operated train driver? If the citizen who had a license all of a sudden became a griefer, they could become arrested right away and locked up without their license? I'm new to the game by the way but if citizens can develop "injuries" the medical bill would be on the house? What do you guys think. Once again, just discovered this epic game and curious on the features I've ventured through. Thanks.

We were noticing the train tracks on the new Tanoa map and just discussing how this would be amazing. I hope to see this! 

FocusedUnkemptBrocketdeer-size_restricte

Exactly ? WHy not make a test where players have to go through to be a train driver  ? The test results will be given to moderators (Atleast real People) and they have to decide whetere he is allowed to or not. When he DCes the Bot will take control of the train again or another train driver (if available)

18 hours ago, Space_Glitch said:

Exactly ? WHy not make a test where players have to go through to be a train driver  ? The test results will be given to moderators (Atleast real People) and they have to decide whetere he is allowed to or not. When he DCes the Bot will take control of the train again or another train driver (if available)

you mean more than 20k requests from 12 years old kids?

7 hours ago, Shimozukachi said:

you mean more than 20k requests from 12 years old kids?

No, no. They have to qualify thereselves until a final test. Lets say like 7-10 automaticly answered tests and 1 or 2 final tests with moderators

32 minutes ago, Space_Glitch said:

No, no. They have to qualify thereselves until a final test. Lets say like 7-10 automaticly answered tests and 1 or 2 final tests with moderators

ever heard of asking the internet or the world chat for the right answers? no? now you know it

12 minutes ago, Shimozukachi said:

ever heard of asking the internet or the world chat for the right answers? no? now you know it

Only those People who really want to be train driver wil lgogole it up. People who will troll wont do that.. so much effort for northing. No

1 hour ago, Space_Glitch said:

Only those People who really want to be train driver wil lgogole it up. People who will troll wont do that.. so much effort for northing. No

don't forget that the dev team would have to create new questions every day. you think they would do that for every job? if they pick some community members they'll probably create senseless questions

39 minutes ago, Shimozukachi said:

don't forget that the dev team would have to create new questions every day. you think they would do that for every job? if they pick some community members they'll probably create senseless questions

Why do you only find negative stuff ?

On 06/06/2016 at 11:31 PM, MikaFromDenmark said:

Trains

Hi! I wonder, if there's going to be trains in Identity? If so, would it be possible to be a train driver? My biggest dream, in my whole life, have always been to be train driver, and I'm going to be a train driver, when I'm at that age. But again, I wonder, if there's trains, and if it would be possible, to be a train driver?

It would be nice to be able to become a train driver in identity, hopefully they will allow it. But if not, you could always work in other public transportation services like a Bus Driver or even a Taxi Driver.

• Like 1

@USSR_Henry Unfortunately you won't be able to be a train driver at all! As from Paratus' reply;

The trains cannot be controlled only because a lot of player may rely on their schedule and giving control of that to players would cause all kinds of problems if a griefer got behind the... stick?

The trains are not instant travel, but they're fast. They are actual trains driving through the land on a set schedule

3 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

@USSR_Henry Unfortunately you won't be able to be a train driver at all! As from Paratus' reply;

Thats a shame, couldn't they add some sort of system where an AI can take over if the driver purposely delays because allowing the players to drive the trains would be an amazing feature and would make us happy as players. It would also increase popularity from the people that love trains.

6 hours ago, USSR_Henry said:

Thats a shame, couldn't they add some sort of system where an AI can take over if the driver purposely delays because allowing the players to drive the trains would be an amazing feature and would make us happy as players. It would also increase popularity from the people that love trains.

No unfortunately, because the players will be ever on schedule when driving them and the trains have a set schedule. Also people will grief the trains in anyway they can. It is better to keep some things AI controlled really.

14 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

No unfortunately, because the players will be ever on schedule when driving them and the trains have a set schedule. Also people will grief the trains in anyway they can. It is better to keep some things AI controlled really.

That's sad, hopefully we can drive buses.

7 hours ago, USSR_Henry said:

That's sad, hopefully we can drive buses.

Yes, you can drive buses and taxi's... You just have to have a business and buy the assets. (Assets in this case being the buses and taxi's)

21 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

Yes, you can drive buses and taxi's... You just have to have a business and buy the assets. (Assets in this case being the buses and taxi's)

Oh you can own your own bus company, thats pretty cool.