Sign in to follow this  
Imperial

Fashion / clothing ideas

IMVU.com allows clothing to be created by the community, this has a huge virtual and real life economy to it. Millions of items being created and some people doing it as a full-time job in real life.

You showcase your products on the market for a certain fee, and IMVU takes a percentage cut. The business seems to work both for the company and for the developers of the clothing.

I know people who spend almost their whole paycheck on just buying virtual clothes for their avatar, so its a big potential market. I just wanted to throw out the idea of doing this as well as showcase some of the outfits some stylists have designed http://www.imvuoutfits.com/

Edited by Imperial

I have an imvu account! However I'm sure people wouldn't spend real money on clothes on this game considering it's not chatting only.

7 hours ago, Imperial said:

IMVU.com allows clothing to be created by the community, this has a huge virtual and real life economy to it. Millions of items being created and some people doing it as a full-time job in real life.

You showcase your products on the market for a certain fee, and IMVU takes a percentage cut. The business seems to work both for the company and for the developers of the clothing.

I know people who spend almost their whole paycheck on just buying virtual clothes for their avatar, so its a big potential market. I just wanted to throw out the idea of doing this as well as showcase some of the outfits some stylists have designed http://www.imvuoutfits.com/

ehm... you know this is off topic content, right?

7 hours ago, Philosophy said:

I have an imvu account! However I'm sure people wouldn't spend real money on clothes on this game considering it's not chatting only.

But the devs said that all micro transactions in this game will be cosmetic and I am sure it includes clothing?

Yea I'm saying that on IMVU you had to spend real money on clothing but in the game you just spend in game money.

1 hour ago, Philosophy said:

Yea I'm saying that on IMVU you had to spend real money on clothing but in the game you just spend in game money.

Yes but the micro transactions is real money, buying cosmetic stuff like clothing. The devs stated it already that they need to allow it only to help with official server costs. So maybe they can use this to have people pay for their own unique clothing.

Edited by JamesLuck01