MrEngie

Community Service Officer

Hello everyone.

So, in my town, we have Community Service Officers (CSO) who drive in green cruisers and are only given pepper spray, and they are kind of like police, but they go to cold burglary calls (cold burglaries are burglaries of a home that happened while the homeowner was away, if you didn't know that), managing traffic accidents, and reporting activity that requires police or other first responders, and otherwise just going around town making sure people are doing well. For example, if a bank is being robbed, they will call it in and then just wait outside the bank, making sure civilians stay clear of the area and making sure the suspects don't go anywhere while police officers are en route. CSO's are required to have a High School diploma, be 18 or older, and have a clean record. This position is only part time in my town, I don't even know if other departments have this sort of thing, but this is basically more of a way to get a boost when you put in your application with a police department when you're ready to be an officer.

So, I was wondering, would this perhaps be something we could introduce into the game? I know that having this sort of part time position wouldn't be as nice as being an actual officer, especially since you don't even get a Taser, and I doubt anyone would end up doing this since their age won't matter, or at least I don't think it will, when it comes to a game rather than an actual police department. So, should this be something that if it was implemented, we opened to civilians who are looking for a temp job? There are some people who may like Law Enforcement who wish to stay on the civilian side of life, or if the civilian recruitment wouldn't work, would putting officers who are going through the police academy into CSO jobs when they're not training work, or perhaps this could be a disciplinary action for officers who do something wrong.

Let me know what you think about this, cheers!

Here's a picture of a CSO car in my town, I blacked out the officer to the right because I wasn't sure if I should have kept them in or not.

CSO.jpg.680754a6eac6fa049f09e7e9a7a4104f

• Like 2

Doesn't seem necessary considering there will be a lot of cop killers out there taking advantage of them. We need all the tools we can get especially our nightsticks and our lethals.

@Philosophy

Man, that kind of brings me down a bit, but I guess you're right, the last thing we need are cops armed with just pepper spray going against cop killers who will be sprouting up in this game.

Thanks for the post, cheers!

13 hours ago, MrEngie said:

@Philosophy

Man, that kind of brings me down a bit, but I guess you're right, the last thing we need are cops armed with just pepper spray going against cop killers who will be sprouting up in this game.

Thanks for the post, cheers!

Stick with me and you'll be in good hands my friend.

Edited by Philosophy

Here in the UK, we have PCSO's and when you describe this, I immediately think of them. PCSO stands for Police Community Support Officer who doesn't have the power to arrest and isn't equipped with anything (not even pepper spray - at least I believe). So PCSO's are basically as you described these officers being and if I go ahead with the plan of making a UK based server then these will be involved in the Police and I think it's a good idea to do so. I support you on this and hopefully if the game is mod supported on it's full release then we can add these vehicles/uniforms in as part of mods. Even if it doesn't contain the full excitement of being a regular Police Officer, it's still a job which pays and will still be involved in the community and crime prevention. I'm sure there will be a lot of crime going on in servers therefore these will be useful to attend to situations such as anti-social behaviour whilst regular Police can concentrate on major crimes.

• Like 1

would be a cool thing when you start in the police carrier (obviously a newbee wouldn't get a gun that fast) :D

• Like 1

I think this is an excellent idea. Have a CSO look after the smaller jobs that an actual police officer might not do, like the bank example you gave. It might also be a good idea, that if you want to be an officer of the law, you had to be a CSO for a short period of time to prove you could be reliable. 

• Like 1

This is a cool idea, but question is how it would fit in this game, seeing as it might be a little boring in the long run, while as a cop you can do this plus you get all the action :)

4 minutes ago, Shimozukachi said:

no mercy for rookies xD

You want something, you got to earn it. If that's doing all the crap jobs to start with, then that's what they should do. 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, AndrewDonaldson said:

You want something, you got to earn it. If that's doing all the crap jobs to start with, then that's what they should do. 

yep. no trophy without hard work

• Like 1

On 16.6.2016 at 3:00 PM, AndrewDonaldson said:

True, but you gotta balance it with fun ;)