JamesLuck01

Why would it be good for a console release?

14 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Nah I never heard of that game MAG either until you mentioned it. I am a xbox player. And only played battlefield, COD, Fifa and GTA, Minecraft when it released also. (mainly played MC on PC). but yeah, I guess it might be possible. But my point is Why can't it be PC only, because the consoles have games which are not on the PC and they are making it specifically for PC. so maybe after 3 years after release they release it for console would make it good and give more time for them to make a console version. Also then we can enjoy it as a pc only game for the first years.

Three years? That's an awful long time. You can still enjoy it on PC whether it's on console or not, I don't see any advantage to making it PC only, I mean the Xbox/PlayStation thing is just about rivalry and the games they limit to their console they normally back themselves so it wouldn't really work that way for PC.

Look at it this way, the more platforms means more players, the bigger it gets the better in my opinion, could open up so much more opportunities. 

True but with pcs people can lag depending on their specs whereas on consoles no one will as everyone will have the same configuration. In my opinion if the devs want it to go for consoles then go ahead I have no problem I just don't see it working out and I think console version should come out 3-5 years later 

57 minutes ago, LionKingGamer said:

True but with pcs people can lag depending on their specs whereas on consoles no one will as everyone will have the same configuration. In my opinion if the devs want it to go for consoles then go ahead I have no problem I just don't see it working out and I think console version should come out 3-5 years later 

Am I missing something that's really obvious? Lol. I just don't understand this three years later thing, has it been this way with another game? It just seems strange to me to release something so much later just because it's on a different platform, or is that the norm?

Look at it this way, if you were on console instead of PC would you be happy to wait years to play a game? I know I wouldn't lol, releasing it that much later would be missing the window of opportunity if you ask me, someone will have done something different/new in that time.

Edited by MadMcardle
  • Like 1

In my opinion, I think that consoles being consoles have nothing to do with the server count. As Madmcardle said, there have been games that easily supported 200+ players on a single server. I don't see why anyone would think that consoles couldn't handle a large player amount, as it's only really a server side issue. I think there are two main issues with a console port, and that would be a controller scheme and the community. The controller's for console I believe will not have nearly enough controls to control something as in depth as Identity. This would mean they would have to revamp the control system entirely to make it work on console. The other issue is interest. Asylum is only a small scale company and, to use an example; Squad, the company who makes Kerbal Space Program waited over 3 years before they even considered a console port. So if there was little interest for a console port, why waste money making one. I also think that Identity is a game that requires a microphone to play, and less than 20% of all console players own a microphone.

Also, it maybe the case that the console community isn't ready for a game that requires player interaction on an RP scale, and might not play the game as intended.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Raffen said:

I also think that Identity is a game that requires a microphone to play, and less than 20% of all console players own a microphone.

Also, it maybe the case that the console community isn't ready for a game that requires player interaction on an RP scale, and might not play the game as intended.

Just curious where this 20% figure came from? :P

To say people may not be ready due to the platform they play on seems a little harsh, and as long as your having fun then your playing it right, right? Lol.

Look at DayZ for example, some play it for RP in a huge way, some more relaxed and others as a purely PvP game.

10 minutes ago, MadMcardle said:

Just curious where this 20% figure came from? :P

The abundance of knowledge known as reddit.

11 minutes ago, MadMcardle said:

To say people may not be ready due to the platform they play on seems a little harsh, and as long as your having fun then your playing it right, right? Lol.

Look at DayZ for example, some play it for RP in a huge way, some more relaxed and others as a purely PvP game.

But DayZ is not designed to be an RP game, it's only the community that makes it RP. I can guarantee you that when DayZ comes out on console, there will be very little if any RP servers.

It may be harsh, but it is true. This game is meant to be played by the community, and without the RP, there is no substance to the game atall. There has never been a game on console that incorporates this level of RP, and, stereotypically I must say, console players are much less likely to incorporate RP or follow rules as much as PC players.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raffen said:

The abundance of knowledge known as reddit.

But DayZ is not designed to be an RP game, it's only the community that makes it RP. I can guarantee you that when DayZ comes out on console, there will be very little if any RP servers.

It may be harsh, but it is true. This game is meant to be played by the community, and without the RP, there is no substance to the game atall. There has never been a game on console that incorporates this level of RP, and, stereotypically I must say, console players are much less likely to incorporate RP or follow rules as much as PC players.

I can't stand Reddit to be honest, but that's a different story lol. I think it's pretty biased what your saying, but that's your opinion and what's a community without a nice little debate.

• Like 3

in my opinion DayZ is a very different game. The level of RP is not anywhere near what this game will be. Now, that being said yes I agree, I do feel that most people who play purely console will not participate largely in the RP aspect as most console players seem to exist to play first person shooters. Just my personal opinion as that's really the only reason I ever touch a console anymore lol. Have they said if they will make this game VR compatible? I think that would be awesome. 

8 hours ago, MadMcardle said:

Am I missing something that's really obvious? Lol. I just don't understand this three years later thing, has it been this way with another game? It just seems strange to me to release something so much later just because it's on a different platform, or is that the norm?

Look at it this way, if you were on console instead of PC would you be happy to wait years to play a game? I know I wouldn't lol, releasing it that much later would be missing the window of opportunity if you ask me, someone will have done something different/new in that time.

xD I don't know why lion copied my timeline partially, but as Raffen said: (below)

8 hours ago, Raffen said:

The other issue is interest. Asylum is only a small scale company and, to use an example; Squad, the company who makes Kerbal Space Program waited over 3 years before they even considered a console port. So if there was little interest for a console port, why waste money making one.

3 years is a good time to make it for console because it would give them a good thought on it and also will have enough money to spare for it. Also I don't care if they put it on console, I just think it would go down hill. and how would the RP even go because I don't see that happening.

But no I did not get this (3 years figure from anywhere), I just thought 3 years would be enough for us to have the full game, even get a DLC for the game and more content they said they would not have finished until after full game release.

3 years is not too early and not too late for it.

Edited by JamesLuck01

Can anyone give an example of a game that was released years later on another platform? I am really curious about it now and can't find anything.

22 minutes ago, MadMcardle said:

Can anyone give an example of a game that was released years later on another platform? I am really curious about it now and can't find anything.

GTA 5.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, HairyGrenade said:

GTA 5.

Oh I had forgot about that, thanks man :) looking back at it now it was released on old gen first, then new gen and then PC, usually though it was released a few months later on PC so I remember that one being more about moving it up to next gen console as it originally wasn't supposed to be.

Most releases were months apart in the GTA series normally though.

10 hours ago, Raffen said:

The other issue is interest. Asylum is only a small scale company and, to use an example; Squad, the company who makes Kerbal Space Program waited over 3 years before they even considered a console port.

I enlarged it so you could see @MadMcardle 

18 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

I enlarged it so you could see @MadMcardle 

Thanks but I did see it before, released last year not years back, consoles have never really been part of alphas/betas until recently.

2 minutes ago, MadMcardle said:

Thanks but I did see it before, released last year not years back, consoles have never really been part of alphas/betas until recently.

Well, I guess but still.

8 hours ago, Doc_Rogers said:

Have they said if they will make this game VR compatible? I think that would be awesome. 

I can't find the tweet, but the devs said that VR compatibility will not be something available from launch but will definitely be something that will be looked into maybe a few months after release.

Sorry to break topic.

1 hour ago, Raffen said:

I can't find the tweet, but the devs said that VR compatibility will not be something available from launch but will definitely be something that will be looked into maybe a few months after release.

Sorry to break topic.

Unreal engine  has the VR compatibility already and so I am sure it will be for full game release.

• Like 1

now the facts:

-up to 300 completely different looking characters with different outfits and different cars that are damaged (you know what i mean)

-if a player doesn't own a mic he/she/it will need hours to type in "hello" via controller

-lag etc. exists for every console

-most of the people that want identity for console either played trackmania (you all know that every car on the track is the same), never thought about the fact that a ps4 is based on x86 (i don't care about xbox one) or are just 12 year old kids. 

Edited by Shimozukachi
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Shimozukachi said:

now the facts:

-up to 300 completely different looking characters with different outfits and different cars that are damaged (you know what i mean)

-if a player doesn't own a mic he/she/it will need hours to type in "hello" via controller

-lag etc. exists for every console

-most of the people that want identity for console either played trackmania (you all know that every car on the track is the same), never thought about the fact that a ps4 is based on x86 (i don't care about xbox one) or are just 12 year old kids. 

I don't get the first bit to be honest lol

Consoles have keyboards these days ;)

Lag exists for PC too

I don't know trackmania either, and I was a console player until last year, I am not 12 lol 

Edited by MadMcardle

3 hours ago, MadMcardle said:

I don't get the first bit to be honest lol

Consoles have keyboards these days ;)

Lag exists for PC too

I don't know trackmania either, and I was a console player until last year, I am not 12 lol 

okay, now easy. just for you:

-you know that gta, saints row etc. have premade npcs, right? the multiplayer characters are (completely) cusomizable. because every player character looks different the console can't just say: "use npc model 1 for players 5 to 220". you can be sure that it wouldn't be that healthy for your console

-we both know that keyboards aren't optimized for the predefined controls of console games. or do you want to tell me that ea added extra controls just for people that play mass effect on ps3 via keyboard?

-i know. was tired. lost the word system lolz

-trackmania is a multiplayer racegame with >100 players via track (of course deactivated collisions). do i look like i've meant you? you're not the average console player i've marked in my last post. x86 = 32 bit; x64 = 64 bit. it's because intel first invented 8086/8088 processors and yeah, they probably saved the processor marked like nintendo did at the beginning before it even started. now you've learned something for today. cheers.

Wait if its not gonna be cross platformed then why worry the pc economy will be better and the rp too. But for consoles who cares how it will go there and if they want to switch to pc then they will have to buy a new pc. 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Shimozukachi said:

okay, now easy. just for you:

-you know that gta, saints row etc. have premade npcs, right? the multiplayer characters are (completely) cusomizable. because every player character looks different the console can't just say: "use npc model 1 for players 5 to 220". you can be sure that it wouldn't be that healthy for your console

-we both know that keyboards aren't optimized for the predefined controls of console games. or do you want to tell me that ea added extra controls just for people that play mass effect on ps3 via keyboard?

-i know. was tired. lost the word system lolz

-trackmania is a multiplayer racegame with >100 players via track (of course deactivated collisions). do i look like i've meant you? you're not the average console player i've marked in my last post. x86 = 32 bit; x64 = 64 bit. it's because intel first invented 8086/8088 processors and yeah, they probably saved the processor marked like nintendo did at the beginning before it even started. now you've learned something for today. cheers.

Healthy for console? If it's made for console wouldn't it be tuned for it like? I don't see your point. 

I don't mean controlling the game with a keyboard, I mean typing lol.

The average console gamer isn't 12.

This all just sounds like the typical PC vs console argument, there hasn't really been a valid reason not to make it for console in my opinion, if it was not technically possible then so be it but so far it just seems people are hating and being quiet rude about console players in general.

36 minutes ago, LionKingGamer said:

But for consoles who cares how it will go

Best point made so far, we're all playing it on PC so what's it matter! Lol 

• Like 2

I guess the answer to the original question "Why would it be good for console release?" is simple

If it works, it means more sales lol