Sign in to follow this  
IdentityLIVE

Reminder of the expectations (info you may not know)

I keep reading about how people are mad about how long it's taking for the devs to release some kind of info about SWAT after almost a year, and I don't see these people talking about some key info which has existed since Identity went on Steam. Identity's Steam store page has the "Early Access Game" section, which has a "Read More" button. This area talks about the approximate release schedule for all modules, and the overall beta of Identity. There are a couple of paragraphs with the title "Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?". The second paragraph basically says this:

"With our current pace, we estimate:

SWAT: late 2019

Racing: 2020

Feature-complete Identity beta: 2021

...these are not to be taken as release dates but as our current best estimates."

Now obviously, SWAT is past it's estimated release, but given the wording, I think they're "technically" still on the schedule they mentioned in that Early Access info bit. What do you think? Do you think SWAT WILL be released in the first half of 2020? Or will it be much later? Maybe never? Comment what you think.

Edited by IdentityLIVE
  • ver.1.22474487139 3

Probably never but if we're lucky maybe 2025? Usually small dev teams take 6-8 years to get to a certain state where the core game is still ridden with bugs but has content to it.

• Like 1

Paratus - 16/01/2020 : '' 

The primary change, aside from quite a bit of bug fixing, is an overhaul of locomotion and character animation. It's a big change, too.. character control is entirely different now.
Asylum is also doing some other things we'll shed light on quite soon which could help with Identity's funding.'
[available] really soon.. testing it today.
I'll be sending out a pretty lengthy email/forum post when the patch is ready, too.. explaining everything from the patch to our development timeline and funding.

• Like 2

These were the same lies we were fed for the first five years until Town Square dropped. Have they just abandoned Town Square altogether then?

Also, Paratus, in a post, stated that development pace will be significantly slowed due to financial reasons. Meaning they blew the 1.5 million we already gave them. Fuck this shit dude. I'd prefer just to get the $50 I backed refunded to me and never have to think of this dog shit company again.

@LSFAxelI know how you feel about waiting but no the town square is not abandoned and can we not use profanity as well it is not needed here.

• Like 1

On 1/21/2020 at 4:26 PM, LuckyDuck said:

@LSFAxelI know how you feel about waiting but no the town square is not abandoned and can we not use profanity as well it is not needed here.

You know we would believe you if a dev actually looked at the forums in the last 5 months

• Like 2

19 hours ago, DonaldClinton said:

You know we would believe you if a dev actually looked at the forums in the last 5 months

You may not believe me but, that is not my fault. However, I can inform you and you then can make the decision of believing or not. I cannot force anything upon you but I can give information nonetheless.