Reaperman

What to do with cheaters?

What will be done to those who will(Almost Inevitably) cheat in this game?

• Just a straight up ban?
  • Something like CSGO's Overwatch(Assuming it would be used in the SWAT module e.t.c.?)
  • Like in titan fall where they are only put into matches with other cheaters?
  • ^^
  • (These can be considered suggestions)

Anyway, really excited about this game, probably one of my many questing to be asked.

Curiously, Reaperman

•  
Edited by Reaperman

@Reaperman

They'll probably implement battle-eye or Easy Anticheat. CSGO uses vac & overwatch. Vac is garbage and overwatch would be legitimately impossible in an MMORPG.

Edited by God

2 minutes ago, God said:

@Reaperman

They'll probably implement battle-eye or Easy Anticheat. CSGO uses vac & overwatch. Vac is garbage and overwatch would be legitimately impossible in an MMORPG.

As I said, overwatch could be used in things such as the SWAT module, since it is solely a shooter., from what it seems. I'm not saying it should be implemented game wide.

What about the in game police arresting them and taking them to ingame court where an ingame judge will determine what happens.

The Governor will definitely have a Policy relating to cheaters/hackers - how those policies are drafted and made known is another question.

I think you guys are forgetting that fact that cheaters/hackers don't and won't play by the roleplay rules. So you cannot deal with them using roleplay actions. An admin will have to handle them or they will have to have some kind of anti-cheat program in place. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Nave95 said:

I think you guys are forgetting that fact that cheaters/hackers don't and won't play by the roleplay rules. So you cannot deal with them using roleplay actions. An admin will have to handle them or they will have to have some kind of anti-cheat program in place. 

There will be a cheat engine in place. It's not going to be a problem unless a updated cheating engine comes around(don't worry much)

Edited by NutterButter

@Nave95 If those cheaters don't play by server rules, then what happens to them will be dictated by the Policy. If they're hackers then reporting them would be what I'd do first off. 

well if cheaters come around ban 'em for sometime that'd scare some of 'em away they do it again IP ban but for longer! Neat right? ;) 

Time to start making me some pulldowns for idenity kappa lol

Edited by WQX