jay

What are you guys working on now?

Question

I've noticed that announcements and updates have been really slow lately, and I'm starting to worry that this game is no longer in development. Although I do admit, the current state of this game is pretty shitty, I really do hope this game grows into something decent. Anyway, I have three questions:

1) Where is Identity? Still indev?

2) If so, what are you working on?

3) Estimated release of actual game?

• Like 1

10 answers to this question

8 hours ago, Jason__Pruitt said:

Basically what he's saying is to fuck off. He knows the game is done for, but he won't say it.

They want everyone to forget this happened.

(this'll prolly get deleted, because it's negative of the game)

he is merely clarifying that estimates and release dates aren't the same, and that they shouldnt be seen as the same thing. estimates can shift and change over time and shouldnt be taken as actual release windows. the project isn't done for and is still being worked on, and we dont want everyone to forge this happened.

• Like 1

When I bought my founders pack back in Dec 2016 I kinda expected to have access to this game by now. Apparently that's not the case and the reviews on Steam appear less than promising. I should probably do a segment on this in one of my streams.

Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?

“We currently expect one year of development between each module release, as well as the full Identity release. This time will be greatly affected by our resources; as more people purchase Identity our team grows and development will hasten. Help us spread the word!

With our current pace, we estimate that the SWAT module will be complete in late 2019, the racing module in 2020 and the feature-complete Identity beta will begin in 2021. These are not to be taken as release dates but as our current best estimates.”

How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?

“Early access will begin with the Town Square social module, followed by a SWAT module which focuses on competitive and realistic combat, and finally a car racing simulator. These modules allow you to experience the core elements of Identity before release.

After all modules are available, you'll gain access to the beta/early-access version of Identity as a whole. It is at this point where you'll have full character progression systems, access to the entire game world, persistent gangs and crime, the entire police force and more.

This is copied from the steam store page: https://store.steampowered.com/app/792990/Identity/

Bare in mind that it says estimates and not actual confirmed dates. 

I cannot answer the second question and will ask about that.

• ver.1.22474487139 2

On 11/18/2019 at 4:16 AM, LuckyDuck said:

Not confirmed dates... but estimates. So you can think about it all you guys like but it will never be confirmed dates.

mk, hard to believe that these devs are even working

• Like 1

On 11/18/2019 at 4:16 AM, LuckyDuck said:

Not confirmed dates... but estimates. So you can think about it all you guys like but it will never be confirmed dates.

Basically what he's saying is to fuck off. He knows the game is done for, but he won't say it.

They want everyone to forget this happened.

(this'll prolly get deleted, because it's negative of the game)

Edited by Jason__Pruitt
  • Like 1

Well, ignore the fact thats not released and may estimated not fix dates, but whats the wrong part on that all is the communication and status between devs and community. Its an mistake what shouldnt be done in early access and also in this fact of game development progress. At least there are enough early access games, whats not finished, to take fear a communication could help.

8 hours ago, jay said:

"SWAT Module Late 2019"

8 hours ago, CyberDexter said:

When I bought my founders pack back in Dec 2016 I kinda expected to have access to this game by now. Apparently that's not the case and the reviews on Steam appear less than promising. I should probably do a segment on this in one of my streams.

if you have the founder pack you should be able to download and play the town square.

if you havent already, be sure to read this: