thiesen90

No update for 2 month??

1 hour ago, xRP said:

Wow so indepth, so reassuring. 

Stop crying like a 12 year old. at least its something. Neither me nor Hairy needed to say shit and still we did. 

On 8/26/2019 at 5:21 PM, Nomis323 said:

Too many unfortunately. I for one think the steam reviews are a disgrace. Ppl reviewing it like it is full game and in all fairness to the devs they clearly stated it was just a module. Any small bit of research would have shown this immediately. 

No doubt these reviews turned alot of ppl away from purchasing it. 

This is the internet, what do you expect lol?

publishing a non completed game on steam will always end up with bad review. If you actually read some of the reviews, most of them reflect on the basis of the module, not the game itself.

Actually, I kinda agree with some negative reviews.

Example: Wierd animations, people teleport through walls, people fall of the map, lack of gameplay, lack of anything to do ect

Edited by Shadow765

6 hours ago, JEKOV said:

Stop crying like a 12 year old. at least its something. Neither me nor Hairy needed to say shit and still we did. 

As developers, they are required to disclose information to its funders (which there seems to be a lack of).

• Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

28 minutes ago, Shadow765 said:

If you actually read some of the reviews, most of them reflect on the basis of the module, not the game itself.

I read through all of the reviews and I can say that the majority of reviewers are writing about the game as if they thought it were the finished product, and as if it wasn't mentioned ahead of time that the town square would be a very small module with very little to do.

28 minutes ago, Shadow765 said:

Example: Wierd animations, people teleport through walls, people fall of the map, lack of gameplay, lack of anything to do ect

while I can agree with the animations being a bit weird, which is completely fine as they are placeholders for the time being and they will be replaced, the bug where people could walk through some walls was a bug that was in the game the first couple weeks if I am not mistaken, and this was fixed relatively fast. and yes, its a strange bug that people sometimes spawn under the map, and it is being worked on. but when it comes to lack of gameplay or "anything" that was said way ahead of time, we knew there wouldn't be much to do, and it is also stated on the steam store page that it isn't big gameplay wise yet.

"The Town Square module does not contain much of Identity's full gameplay, but includes all character creation and customization, player housing (including furnishing), NPC shops, the cinema, karaoke and more social features. The Town Square allows you to get your character into the world and meet new friends."

as this is literally stated on the store page I dont really see how you can negatively review a game for not having much to do.

16 minutes ago, dagtag said:

I read through all of the reviews and I can say that the majority of reviewers are writing about the game as if they thought it were the finished product, and as if it wasn't mentioned ahead of time that the town square would be a very small module with very little to do.

while I can agree with the animations being a bit weird, which is completely fine as they are placeholders for the time being and they will be replaced, the bug where people could walk through some walls was a bug that was in the game the first couple weeks if I am not mistaken, and this was fixed relatively fast. and yes, its a strange bug that people sometimes spawn under the map, and it is being worked on. but when it comes to lack of gameplay or "anything" that was said way ahead of time, we knew there wouldn't be much to do, and it is also stated on the steam store page that it isn't big gameplay wise yet.

"The Town Square module does not contain much of Identity's full gameplay, but includes all character creation and customization, player housing (including furnishing), NPC shops, the cinema, karaoke and more social features. The Town Square allows you to get your character into the world and meet new friends."

as this is literally stated on the store page I dont really see how you can negatively review a game for not having much to do.

The thing is why even bother to sell the game at that current stage? I know it would help with funding, but would people even respect the title of the game anymore?

Do you expect a flow stream of positive reviews? To be sincere, I dont think so.

A $30 game should bring you a maximum experience, otherwise, you are just inflating the price.

As the price of a game increases, the quality of the game should also increase per say. Not meeting this "balance" point would just amplify the negative reviews.

Honestly releasing the game on steam at that stage just diminishes the company's value and reputation.

Edited by Shadow765

11 hours ago, Shadow765 said:

A $30 game should bring you a maximum experience, otherwise, you are just inflating the price.

Like the games we get for $60 and then it is not even the full game and rather like it is in Beta.

I think people should read before buying because clearly majority of the reviews are for the full game and not a module and just shows that the people who wrote them didn't read the store page or research anything.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

Like the games we get for $60 and then it is not even the full game and rather like it is in Beta.

I think people should read before buying because clearly majority of the reviews are for the full game and not a module and just shows that the people who wrote them didn't read the store page or research anything.

At least its like at least 80% finished, while identity is like 1% finished. Maybe some of the games already has the base of the game finished, just required some tweaking.

Identity is no where close to being finished, yes the social module is completed, but keep in mind EVERY game you see has a social aspect to it (vrchat,arma3, ect). So releasing a social module isnt very impressive, nor should it be that expensive.

my point is, they should have seen the negative reviews coming from a mile away, if they released on a somewhat completed basis (the full RPG expirience) with bugs, there would be much less negative reviews

My opinion: This company is a mess, lacking a structure, lacking of dev-investor relation, too many postpone dates. Do I believe they can change as a whole? Of course, just like No Man Sky which completely remade their game (and now looks sick), but they had the passion for the game. I believe the develoeprs from identity lack the passion to complete the game, you think I am wrong? then give us a complete product in the given time. Prove me wrong. Oh wait, how can they prove us wrong if they don't even read the forums xD

TIPS for developers (they might never read this oh well): Do not annouce something if you are certain you can't release it by then

Edited by Shadow765

1 hour ago, Shadow765 said:

my point is, they should have seen the negative reviews coming from a mile away, if they released on a somewhat completed basis (the full RPG expirience) with bugs, there would be much less negative reviews

Yup, I agree. However that would be a lot longer waiting and so the reviews would be just as bad because of the waiting.... People will always complain about something.... People nowadays are greedy and just want everything done when they say "I want it now" etc. If they find the tiniest of things, they will complain about it. That is how the world is/ people are. They search for something to complain about because that is what they want to do. 

1 hour ago, Shadow765 said:

Do not annouce something if you are certain you can't release it by then

Exactly what should be done. A great tip, to stop people moaning but for others to start moaning either way. It is never a winning situation for those in the spotlight. Announce it and be crushed by negative things if failed to complete it by promised time. Or Don't announce such and get people hating on the waiting for the announcement. It is a hard decision to make in most cases.

5 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

Yup, I agree. However that would be a lot longer waiting and so the reviews would be just as bad because of the waiting.... People will always complain about something.... People nowadays are greedy and just want everything done when they say "I want it now" etc. If they find the tiniest of things, they will complain about it. That is how the world is/ people are. They search for something to complain about because that is what they want to do. 

Exactly what should be done. A great tip, to stop people moaning but for others to start moaning either way. It is never a winning situation for those in the spotlight. Announce it and be crushed by negative things if failed to complete it by promised time. Or Don't announce such and get people hating on the waiting for the announcement. It is a hard decision to make in most cases.

I agree, but if I see that the developers are actually working hard on the game then hell i'l give them respect, if somone actually complained in this scenario then the person is either an ignorant or has no sense of reality.

But in this case there is a BIG lack of dev-investor relation, which is the breeding cause of "assumption", which can be used as a weapon to attack the developers.

These attack can go from anywhere to calling the developers lazy to fraud.

Edited by Shadow765
  • Like 1

On 8/27/2019 at 12:41 PM, JamesLuck01 said:

Definitely. I will go and ask for sure and to be fair I would love to see the community get an update.

Any news on what the devs said when you asked them for updates for the great people supporting this game?

8 hours ago, Clipclop said:

Was told in 2015 this game would have beta access in 2016.

no you weren't, the packages displayed "ESTIMATED delivery" which yes, they still didnt meet, however there is a difference between saying "estimation" and straight up saying you will release it then. second of all, kickstarter only allows one year of development time for the estimation date, so that's why it says 2016.

It took how long to come up with this crap?! No excuse.

took them 4 years, however keep in mind that they started out with 2 developers, and that they did redo the first module a couple times because of certain plugins not being supported anymore.

EVEN if these jackasses come up with all 3 modulus , it would probably be 2030 and we will probably have ps6 by then. I'm sure THEY at Sony will have developers that could handle this. "Checkers game".  Or walk around and talk till you fall off the map cause these devs have no clue how to make a game even with a million dollars....

a million dollars is nothing in the game industry... look at how much a game usually costs to be made, the scale of this game is massive, and yes it is possible to accomplish it with a million dollars, but again, a million dollars is nothing in this industry.

Even "IF" these guys made this game......do you really think they have the time or knowledge to stop hackers or anyway to SAVE your toons from being hacked or deleted from their servers...can they even hold enough toons on their servers...

of course they can, just because it is taking them a long time to make the game doesnt mean they cant develop some sort of security system. their development team isn't huge.

9 hours ago, dagtag said:

no you weren't, the packages displayed "ESTIMATED delivery" which yes, they still didnt meet, however there is a difference between saying "estimation" and straight up saying you will release it then. second of all, kickstarter only allows one year of development time for the estimation date, so that's why it says 2016.

Buddy its 2019 and nothing changed from the 2016 town square aside from little tweaks.

• Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

At this point I see absolutely no chance this game is getting finished. The devs have binned updating it's backers for gods sake. 

On 9/17/2019 at 3:12 PM, Shadow765 said:

Buddy its 2019 and nothing changed from the 2016 town square aside from little tweaks.

I would request my $15 back but theres no way that is happening

Ran off with my shit and I didn't even get to play what they DID release

3 hours ago, abababababa said:

I feel like we just got scammed 

5 hours ago, 4thdesign said:

https://www.identityrpg.com/community/?app=core&module=members&controller=profile&id=656

Any news @JamesLuck01 ??

Still waiting for an update please. :)

Sorry i never replied before, but currently I am also waiting for an update to give you. When I get one, I will be sure to give it. Other than, they are still working on the game, I have nothing.

On 23/09/2019 at 8:49 PM, xRP said:

At this point I see absolutely no chance this game is getting finished. 

A Very Opinionated statement that is and the devs may have not given an update lately but it doesn't mean they have abandoned the project.

4 hours ago, abababababa said:

That $15 was clearly stated for the "Full Game Version" and not any Earlier versions.... Therefor you can wait until the game is done because that is why it was half the price of getting it in Early Access.

On 9/24/2019 at 4:50 PM, JamesLuck01 said:

Sorry i never replied before, but currently I am also waiting for an update to give you. When I get one, I will be sure to give it. Other than, they are still working on the game, I have nothing.

A Very Opinionated statement that is and the devs may have not given an update lately but it doesn't mean they have abandoned the project.

That $15 was clearly stated for the "Full Game Version" and not any Earlier versions.... Therefor you can wait until the game is done because that is why it was half the price of getting it in Early Access.

"Limited time offer" for years now, selling packages people haven't even coded yet, pricing beta separately from main game for exact same price, selling beta separately, 1.4 million raised according to homepage, year is 2019 now and we're just getting guns, game is priced on steam for $30 even though its early access and in a "module", it costs as much as Arma 3, most people raise their prices when a product has merit and is reputable. 

I'd be happy if the devs, or anyone, was upfront about anything, but late deadlines and the product lacking when it does come out. Such as the "Crime and Punishment" trailer. It makes a lot of people lose optimism. They delayed the Crime/Punishment trailer according to needing a walking animation if I remember correctly, and then upon release claimed it was a placeholder and made no statement on it. If the walking anim was a placeholder then why was there a delay? It's minor, but small lies like that make people feel like they can't trust the devs words. In the gun video, it was shown that melee fighting has real physics, and showed none of it? I doubt it's done, but maybe I'm wrong. In fact, chess, with the town square, was often broken on release as well as numerous decorations within the house. I definitely heard "you can play chess" a fuckton of times before that release. I know plenty of much smaller devs that are a lot more personal and humble about their progress, most people in the community wouldn't care if it was small things to be updated about, or just an honest "It is not done."

tl;dr Fuck the devs personally for cash grab tendencies coupled with blatant lying about progress.

lol  "executive" tag

• Like 2

10 hours ago, abababababa said:

lol  "executive" tag

This tag is for my post count..... 

"Limited time offer" for years now, selling packages people haven't even coded yet, pricing beta separately from main game for exact same price, selling beta separately, 1.4 million raised according to homepage, year is 2019 now and we're just getting guns, game is priced on steam for $30 even though its early access and in a "module", it costs as much as Arma 3, most people raise their prices when a product has merit and is reputable. 

I can't say I agree with everything said or done for the game but, I don't have as much say as everyone else here.

I'd be happy if the devs, or anyone, was upfront about anything, but late deadlines and the product lacking when it does come out. Such as the "Crime and Punishment" trailer. It makes a lot of people lose optimism. They delayed the Crime/Punishment trailer according to needing a walking animation if I remember correctly, and then upon release claimed it was a placeholder and made no statement on it. If the walking anim was a placeholder then why was there a delay? It's minor, but small lies like that make people feel like they can't trust the devs words. In the gun video, it was shown that melee fighting has real physics, and showed none of it? I doubt it's done, but maybe I'm wrong. In fact, chess, with the town square, was often broken on release as well as numerous decorations within the house. I definitely heard "you can play chess" a fuckton of times before that release. I know plenty of much smaller devs that are a lot more personal and humble about their progress, most people in the community wouldn't care if it was small things to be updated about, or just an honest "It is not done."

The truth is, the Module wasn't as broken before the release day on steam. Everything was working until it was on steam side for everyone. Basically steam release/ servers broke the module, as nothing game breaking or such which happened was actually broken before steam.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, JamesLuck01 said:

I can't say I agree with everything said or done for the game but, I don't have as much say as everyone else here.

The truth is, the Module wasn't as broken before the release day on steam. Everything was working until it was on steam side for everyone. Basically steam release/ servers broke the module, as nothing game breaking or such which happened was actually broken before steam.

Fair response

• ver.1.22474487139 1

On 27/09/2019 at 5:18 PM, JamesLuck01 said:

Nice excuse. So steam magically corrupted the game even ports purchased through here......you might be able to get some gullible people to believe that but stop talking nonsense. 

2 hours ago, xRP said:

Nice excuse. So steam magically corrupted the game even ports purchased through here......you might be able to get some gullible people to believe that but stop talking nonsense. 

I am not talking nonsense. I am telling the truth. The module was fine on the servers before going on the steam servers. I am a customer myself. I tested the module before it hit steam and no game breaking problems were there. You can believe me or not but I won't lie about what I tested as it is not what I will do. Also a fact about day 1 launch for a lot of games on steam, they are broken and I mean game breaking bugs. There is something always wrong on day 1.

32 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

I am not talking nonsense. I am telling the truth. The module was fine on the servers before going on the steam servers. I am a customer myself. I tested the module before it hit steam and no game breaking problems were there. You can believe me or not but I won't lie about what I tested as it is not what I will do. Also a fact about day 1 launch for a lot of games on steam, they are broken and I mean game breaking bugs. There is something always wrong on day 1.

As someone who actually understands how porting works, you're talking nonsense. You might be able to get someone who doesn't understand to believe you.

• Like 1