Shadow765

Lack of communication from developers

2 minutes ago, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

I look into things deeply, there's a difference that doesn't mean delusion by any means. 

Raw might Have been backed by a large number of people but that doesn't change the fact that KS feels they were a huge concern and broke several rules of KS policy. 

I remain of the same stance that raw clearly broke several rules and didn't produce a clear plan nor were they honest about their financial plan, they said one thing then said another during KS and asylum didn't, they didn't announce at all that they needed extra funding they just continued to receive more funds after KS. 

I really don't know what else to say, I've said everything there is for me to say, I've debated all there is to debate about this and as such I don't see this going anywhere further other than around in circles. 

I hope you'll come round and see that identity will be a great game but alas if not then I wish you good luck in whatever you do

Ok

I hope you will realize the facts that I stated above and re read it carefuly so you can fully understand better.

But I respect your civilized debate tho I appreciate.

Good luck.

Edited by Shadow765

On 01/08/2019 at 10:13 PM, Shadow765 said:

I said I feel like its a scam, I did not say it is a scam. Please stop twisting my words.

Im just wondering how RAW got banned in kickstarter when identity did the same thing.

You pick on Identity, but really why not mention any of the other kickstarter projects that got further funding after kickstarter?  Star Citizen was the biggest crowd funding on there; raising $2 million USD. However they raised over $250 Million USD afterwards...... Identity and these other projects didn't announce they needed more funding after the project like those "RAW" developers did. RAW devs told kickstarter that they was not honest about the funding amount. The others thought it would be enough but realised after the project was complete it was not enough. RAW devs lied about the funding goal being enough because they clearly knew it wasn't enough + they made the goal lower to make sure it got funded..... Rather than the higher goal and less chance of getting the funding...

Hope this makes a bit of sense.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

You pick on Identity, but really why not mention any of the other kickstarter projects that got further funding after kickstarter?  Star Citizen was the biggest crowd funding on there; raising $2 million USD. However they raised over $250 Million USD afterwards...... Identity and these other projects didn't announce they needed more funding after the project like those "RAW" developers did. RAW devs told kickstarter that they was not honest about the funding amount. The others thought it would be enough but realised after the project was complete it was not enough. RAW devs lied about the funding goal being enough because they clearly knew it wasn't enough + they made the goal lower to make sure it got funded..... Rather than the higher goal and less chance of getting the funding...

I did try explaining several times that it isn't illegal or against the terms of kickstarter to amass funds after the project has been greenlighted and is successful during kickstarter. 

I also tried explaining as pointed out above that identity/asylum have always been honest about the goal and funding and KS were satisfied with that approach. 

Some people just want to complain and slander for the sake of it no matter how many times you explain it or show evidence. 

I doubt the people who insist on complaining will see things any different but people need to be told nonetheless 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

Hope this makes a bit of sense.

Clearly a game of this such magnitude requires a bigger funding. 

But yes that kinda make sense.

On 8/3/2019 at 7:11 AM, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

I did try explaining several times that it isn't illegal or against the terms of kickstarter to amass funds after the project has been greenlighted and is successful during kickstarter. 

I also tried explaining as pointed out above that identity/asylum have always been honest about the goal and funding and KS were satisfied with that approach. 

Some people just want to complain and slander for the sake of it no matter how many times you explain it or show evidence. 

I doubt the people who insist on complaining will see things any different but people need to be told nonetheless 

Yup! I agree with you here. People will dig into their position, regardless of empirical evidence. Props to you and the moderators for putting up with childish arguments!

giphy.gif giphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

3 minutes ago, BlazinBender said:

Yup! I agree with you here. People will dig into their position, regardless of empirical evidence. Props to you and the moderators for putting up with childish arguments!

giphy.gif giphy.gifgiphy.gifgiphy.gif

Even after the game is complete and launches after beta there will still be people finding something to complain about regardless of how good the game is. 

I wish people would drop it already and just let the devs get on with the job, if the devs need to tell us news either good or bad they will. 

The game is on track and the beta is expected In 2021 with the full game launching most likely the year after. 

I've never had a chance to play the game so far because I underestimated my laptops specs and thought that because I have the specs to run gta v and Arma III on standard basic settings that I'd be able to run identity. I'm Saving up for a powerful gaming rig that's beefed up to high hell and will have a 2080 graphics card so when I get to play town Square I'll be able to tell all the haters that it's better than they think

• Like 1

You realize that the sole reason thing get done in this world is because complaints are raised...right? Like without people complaining even about the same redundant topics, nothing would be accomplished or maybe things would, but they would be far worse off  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ZanderiusMaximus said:

You realize that the sole reason thing get done in this world is because complaints are raised...right? Like without people complaining even about the same redundant topics, nothing would be accomplished or maybe things would, but they would be far worse off  

Big difference between a genuine complaint and incessant bitching for the sake of it. 

Whether you like it or not the majority of people complaining on here are the latter and frankly those people need to grow up. 

I'm not talking about people who think something is wrong and then get corrected. 

I'm talking about people who constantly bitch and moan like there's no tomorrow and no matter how many times the mods try to explain things they just keep going on for the sake of it. 

So many damn people don't understand how game development works or even understands that a small company such as asylum entertainment cannot just conjure up a masterpiece at the snap of a finger. 

What's even worse is that some people have the nerves and sheer audacity to throw accusations towards the mods and devs without any proof and don't even apologize. 

So yeah people need to learn the difference between addressing an actual complaint when the mods or devs have actually done something wrong not just moaning because the game isn't finished. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

Big difference between a genuine complaint and incessant bitching for the sake of it. 

Whether you like it or not the majority of people complaining on here are the latter and frankly those people need to grow up. 

I'm not talking about people who think something is wrong and then get corrected. 

I'm talking about people who constantly bitch and moan like there's no tomorrow and no matter how many times the mods try to explain things they just keep going on for the sake of it. 

So many damn people don't understand how game development works or even understands that a small company such as asylum entertainment cannot just conjure up a masterpiece at the snap of a finger. 

What's even worse is that some people have the nerves and sheer audacity to throw accusations towards the mods and devs without any proof and don't even apologize. 

So yeah people need to learn the difference between addressing an actual complaint when the mods or devs have actually done something wrong not just moaning because the game isn't finished. 

Listen man,

They have our money, so we are practically allowed to be concerned. Its like owning a restuarant, if the food waits too long, what does the customer do? they get angry. now if the food is served in the right time, will they get angry? no.

Except in this scenario many invested tons of money to this game, yet they are probably not satisfied with the whole progress. Good to have freedom of speech, ey?

Another analogy I would like to point out, think of us as "shareholders" since we technically invested into asylum, most companies do a monthly report to the share holders, but asylum never does any monthly update, something which people also get concerned.

IF I get legimiate evidence that asylum is working real hard to make this game then I wouldnt be complaining, I know various games who went from being real bad to being outstanding (like No man sky for example)

I agree, bitching on this forum wouldnt even do anything because developers never read any concerns. Seriously, if the developers are not even blatantly reading the forums for suggestion, this raise lots of concern.

Edited by Shadow765
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Shadow765 said:

Listen man,

They have our money, so we are practically allowed to be concerned. Its like owning a restuarant, if the food waits too long, what does the customer do? they get angry. now if the food is served in the right time, will they get angry? no.

Except in this scenario many invested tons of money to this game, yet they are probably not satisfied with the whole progress. Good to have freedom of speech, ey?

Another analogy I would like to point out, think of us as "shareholders" since we technically invested into asylum, most companies do a monthly report to the share holders, but asylum never does any monthly update, something which people also get concerned.

IF I get legimiate evidence that asylum is working real hard to make this game then I wouldnt be complaining, I know various games who went from being real bad to being outstanding (like No man sky for example)

I agree, bitching on this forum wouldnt even do anything because developers never read any concerns. Seriously, if the developers are not even blatantly reading the forums for suggestion, this raise lots of concern.

I have no issue with addressing genuine concerns, I understand just as much as others that we have all pledged to this game, regardless of the amount of money. 

I understand that people are concerned about the time length and such. 

But the way some people on this forum have behaved is unacceptable and immature. 

I see people accusing the devs and team of scamming us out of money which isn't the case and there is no evidence to suggest that's their motivation. 

I see people complaining about how the game will never be complete, this is a huge project that cannot be done instantly, I need not to remind people the town square had to be rebuilt three times at least before they could start this properly. 

I see people taking to the mods and acting like they aren't honest or don't answer but then I see the mods respond as fast as they can and those same people still aren't satisfied. 

I have nothing against genuine concerns, but people should express those concerns in a more positive and calm approach instead of assuming the worst. 

From my perspective I should have the most rights to be concerned as I pledged 500 dollars or rather the pound sterling equivalent but I'm not complaining nor even worried about the situation because I trust these devs and mods. 

If you can't trust the devs then the project isn't for those that can't trust them. 

The devs have given a pretty fair timeline for the path of progression and 2021 seems a reasonable time to aim for full release if each module takes a year plus beta 

Edited by Preston_bodhi_343
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

I have no issue with addressing genuine concerns, I understand just as much as others that we have all pledged to this game, regardless of the amount of money. 

I understand that people are concerned about the time length and such. 

But the way some people on this forum have behaved is unacceptable and immature. 

I see people accusing the devs and team of scamming us out of money which isn't the case and there is no evidence to suggest that's their motivation. 

I see people complaining about how the game will never be complete, this is a huge project that cannot be done instantly, I need not to remind people the town square had to be rebuilt three times at least before they could start this properly. 

I see people taking to the mods and acting like they aren't honest or don't answer but then I see the mods respond as fast as they can and those same people still aren't satisfied. 

I have nothing against genuine concerns, but people should express those concerns in a more positive and calm approach instead of assuming the worst. 

From my perspective I should have the most rights to be concerned as I pledged 500 dollars or rather the pound sterling equivalent but I'm not complaining nor even worried about the situation because I trust these devs and mods. 

If you can't trust the devs then the project isn't for those that can't trust them. 

The devs have given a pretty fair timeline for the path of progression and 2021 seems a reasonable time to aim for beta if each module takes a year plus beta 

Tell me how am I suppose to trust the devs? They promised us but they failed to give to us. How do I know if they are actually working on the game? Why isnt there a changelog?

Back in 2016 when the actual devs were responding to us, was I complaining, no.

If there was an actual legit changelog, people would be like oh they are really working hard on this game, I wont complain anymore

Edited by Shadow765

11 minutes ago, Shadow765 said:

Tell me how am I suppose to trust the devs? They promised us but they failed to give to us. How do I know if they are actually working on the game? Why isnt there a changelog?

Back in 2016 when the actual devs were responding to us, was I complaining, no.

If there was an actual legit changelog, people would be like oh they are really working hard on this game, I wont complain anymore

I don't know why there isn't a changelog, I can't answer that because I'm neither a dev or mod. 

2016 was a long time ago, they've made good progress since and only failed to deliver on two official release dates, the rest were all hopes and speculation but not official dates. 

If you presume the worst about everything you'll drive yourself mad with paranoia and that's not worth it. 

None of us know what is going on but the game is still being updated and the devs are slowly adding more to it. 

The swat module was estimated to be released late 2019 so we still have plenty of time, if the devs don't meet that estimated date then people can ask questions. 

The devs try to be in touch with the forums but let's face it, it's game development and it usually never works because they need to get on with the job. 

This is a team of no more than 20 last I checked, this isn't a team with the luxury of 200 people and a multi million budget. 

Have some faith and just chill out, realistically we haven't had much to be seriously concerned about and I think it's best to just let the devs go on and do their thing. 

Do I think they should be more communicative with the player base? Of course I do. 

Do I think there's some deep hidden plot going on behind the scenes? No of course not and I'm as paranoid as you get. 

When the devs have something of importance to tell us we will be the first to know 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

I don't know why there isn't a changelog, I can't answer that because I'm neither a dev or mod. 

2016 was a long time ago, they've made good progress since and only failed to deliver on two official release dates, the rest were all hopes and speculation but not official dates. 

If you presume the worst about everything you'll drive yourself mad with paranoia and that's not worth it. 

None of us know what is going on but the game is still being updated and the devs are slowly adding more to it. 

The swat module was estimated to be released late 2019 so we still have plenty of time, if the devs don't meet that estimated date then people can ask questions. 

The devs try to be in touch with the forums but let's face it, it's game development and it usually never works because they need to get on with the job. 

This is a team of no more than 20 last I checked, this isn't a team with the luxury of 200 people and a multi million budget. 

Have some faith and just chill out, realistically we haven't had much to be seriously concerned about and I think it's best to just let the devs go on and do their thing. 

Do I think they should be more communicative with the player base? Of course I do. 

Do I think there's some deep hidden plot going on behind the scenes? No of course not and I'm as paranoid as you get. 

When the devs have something of importance to tell us we will be the first to know 

Like il be down if they added a changelog, it would relieve alot of people and myself included

9 minutes ago, Shadow765 said:

Like il be down if they added a changelog, it would relieve alot of people and myself included

I think the best approach is to make an enquiry to the mods on here by tagging lucky as he's very good with answering questions. 

Failing that the discord is the second best place to ask questions. 

If you can get In touch with the mods or devs and ask why there isn't a changelog then you'll get the answers you need. 

There's a reason for everything, we just need to have faith and trust