Shadow765

Lack of communication from developers

10 hours ago, DanDud88 said:

Yea i was thinking about that after what happened to RAW so these guys are also breaking the rules as well.

July 15, 2019 RAW was suspended because the developers “would need to raise additional funds outside of Kickstarter to complete the game.”

Isn't that what exactly identityrpg did?

I kinda feel like this is still a scam, theres something really fishy about this.

Edited by Shadow765

If asylum entertainment broke any laws we'd have already heard about it by now. 

Please don't share or spread false information or any information unless you can 100% prove it with credible and solid evidence. 

The team are doing their best and they're trying to make a game, the last thing these guys need is a load of people saying things that aren't true and it's slander and/or libel and if people start going down that road, asylum would be well within their rights to sue for libel if any information spread is found to be false. 

Not an expert at law but please don't share false information, it pays to be kind. 

On 7/30/2019 at 6:18 PM, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

Please don't share or spread false information or any information unless you can 100% prove it with credible and solid evidence. 

The team are doing their best and they're trying to make a game, the last thing these guys need is a load of people saying things that aren't true and it's slander and/or libel and if people start going down that road, asylum would be well within their rights to sue for libel if any information spread is found to be false. 

Not an expert at law but please don't share false information, it pays to be kind. 

Well said. Although OP is just redundant. dude's been blowin hot air about the same nonsense WITHOUT PROOF, mind you. He has a few different threads and posts on the same subject. just mainly bashing and slandering. I actually have more respect for the moderators always responding to his delusions. my advice, ignore OP's posts.

On 31/07/2019 at 12:18 AM, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

Im not spreading false information, I am just warning the public.

Kickstarter banned Raw for external funding, and identity did the same thing except it didnt get banned.

On 01/08/2019 at 4:35 AM, BlazinBender said:

Well said. Although OP is just redundant. dude's been blowin hot air about the same nonsense WITHOUT PROOF, mind you. He has a few different threads and posts on the same subject. just mainly bashing and slandering. I actually have more respect for the moderators always responding to his delusions. my advice, ignore OP's posts.

If you think facts are delusions, then I am not sure what world you live in. But hey, congrats on not posting those GIFs. I see you took my advice.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Shadow765 said:

If you think facts are delusions, then I am not sure what world you live in. But hey, congrats on not posting those GIFs. I see you took my advice.

Spreading false information is what you're doing. 

You're calling this a scam when it isn't and without solid evidence. You're also saying that identity/aslum entertainment is breaking the law when you haven't provided any proof that they are doing that. 

Just because this process is taking a long time it doesn't means the devs are scamming us or are criminals. 

The above poster is correct, like all other people who call this a scam you are just blowing hot air over nothing. 

If people want to call this game a scam and the devs scammers by all means that's your opinion, but at least provide credible hard evidence to support your claim. 

When I say evidence I mean hard actual evidence not just anecdotal experiences because for all we know anyone could pluck something out of thin air and it's a lie. 

Furthermore if people on this forum are so convinced that it's a scam why are they all still here? If they're so convinced it's a dead project why stick around? Don't tell me it's because of some divine honest intention to help others because that's garbage, it's because people know it's not a scam and just want to cause trouble. 

All I can really say is that a lot of people were expecting a full game at launch and were disappointed, more so because they didn't read the big note that says this is an alpha project where it's split into three modules before beta. 

TlDR: don't back a game unless you have full facts and if you don't bother to have the full facts don't call the devs a scammer because you're unsatisfied. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

Spreading false information is what you're doing. 

You're calling this a scam when it isn't and without solid evidence. You're also saying that identity/aslum entertainment is breaking the law when you haven't provided any proof that they are doing that. 

Just because this process is taking a long time it doesn't means the devs are scamming us or are criminals. 

The above poster is correct, like all other people who call this a scam you are just blowing hot air over nothing. 

If people want to call this game a scam and the devs scammers by all means that's your opinion, but at least provide credible hard evidence to support your claim. 

When I say evidence I mean hard actual evidence not just anecdotal experiences because for all we know anyone could pluck something out of thin air and it's a lie. 

Furthermore if people on this forum are so convinced that it's a scam why are they all still here? If they're so convinced it's a dead project why stick around? Don't tell me it's because of some divine honest intention to help others because that's garbage, it's because people know it's not a scam and just want to cause trouble. 

All I can really say is that a lot of people were expecting a full game at launch and were disappointed, more so because they didn't read the big note that says this is an alpha project where it's split into three modules before beta. 

TlDR: don't back a game unless you have full facts and if you don't bother to have the full facts don't call the devs a scammer because you're unsatisfied. 

I said I feel like its a scam, I did not say it is a scam. Please stop twisting my words.

Im just wondering how RAW got banned in kickstarter when identity did the same thing.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Shadow765 said:

I said I feel like its a scam, I did not say it is a scam. Please stop twisting my words.

Im just wondering how RAW got banned in kickstarter when identity did the same thing.

Saying it feels like a scam and calling it a scam is no different, just slightly different wording but the main point remains the same. 

As for identy in Kickstarter as far as I'm aware the only rules are that as long as identy meets the Kickstarter goal they can get funding outside of Kickstart. 

It's not illegal for devs to sell in game items to help with funding as other games have done the same thing. 

Asylum probably gets it's funds from private funding as well as the backers who paid and the new ones who pledge toward the game. 

Like I said before if asylum had broken any laws we would have heard about it by now therefore it seems fair to say that they haven't broken any laws. 

The team have a genuine goal and dream, it's just taking a lot longer than they had hoped. 

Edited by Preston_bodhi_343
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

21 minutes ago, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

Saying it feels like a scam and calling it a scam is no different, just slightly different wording but the main point remains the same. 

As for identy in Kickstarter as far as I'm aware the only rules are that as long as identy meets the Kickstarter goal they can get funding outside of Kickstart. 

It's not illegal for devs to sell in game items to help with funding as other games have done the same thing. 

Asylum probably gets it's funds from private funding as well as the backers who paid and the new ones who pledge toward the game. 

Like I said before if asylum had broken any laws we would have heard about it by now therefore it seems fair to say that they haven't broken any laws. 

The team have a genuine goal and dream, it's just taking a lot longer than they had hoped. 

If I say I feel like its a scam, Im saying im uncertain if it is, but in my opinion I think it is.

If I call it a scam, I blatantly mean its 100% a scam.

To the point, I feel like im getting repetive but here we go, Why did they put a funding goal of $150k if they knew they would need more than that? RAW tried the same thing except kickstarter banned their campaign for "dishonesty".

Edited by Shadow765
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Shadow765 said:

If I say I feel like its a scam, Im saying im uncertain if it is, but in my opinion I think it is.

If I call it a scam, I blatantly mean its 100% a scam.

To the point, I feel like im getting repetive but here we go, Why did they put a funding goal of $150k if they knew they would need more than that? RAW tried the same thing except kickstarter banned their campaign for "dishonesty".

Because on kickstarter you have to have a goal in order to be deemed realistic. 

Asylum set the goal of 150k because that's what they thought they needed to get off the ground and in a sense they did, they just didn't know they'd have to redo town square three times. 

As for RAW they probably broke some rules of conduct and were banned, I don't think it's about the goal of money I think it's about how they got that money and if RAW used dishonest means to get it then I see why they got banned. 

Far as I can see asylum got all their backers honestly and didn't lie or cheat or steal. 

This is a quote from a website discussing the suspension

“Our rules and guidelines ask that creators seek to raise the amount of money needed to bring a project to completion and fulfill all rewards," said a Kickstarter representative.

“This creator stated in an update that they would need to raise additional funds outside of Kickstarter to complete the game. We require projects to be honest and clearly presented, and this project failed to meet that standard.”

RAW had amassed $193,332 from 3,983 when the campaign was suspended, easily beating its funding target of $78,818. 

In the project FAQ, KillerWhale curiously admitted it would be impossible to realize its ambitions with $78,818, but explained its has other sources of funding. The dev team also conceded that the entire campaign was bundled together in a hurry, both of which are confessions that hardly inspire confidence. 

"Of course we need a lot more than $79,000. The minimum comfortable amount is about $300,000. We said earlier that there will be several fundraising campaigns," reads the FAQ. 

"We had a very tight deadline to prepare our Kickstarter campaign. You might think: 'You have been developing the game for 2.5 years and could not prepare properly for such an important event?' Yes, unfortunately we didn't have a chance to prepare as we could. This is due to delays, timing forecasts mistakes, and several serious life circumstances."

In other words asylum said they needed 150k and were able to get the project off the ground, getting additional funds after is fine, raw said they needed 79k and then said during the Kickstart they needed more which is considered dishonest.

Raw was dishonest, asylum wasn't. 

4 minutes ago, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

Because on kickstarter you have to have a goal in order to be deemed realistic. 

Asylum set the goal of 150k because that's what they thought they needed to get off the ground and in a sense they did, they just didn't know they'd have to redo town square three times. 

As for RAW they probably broke some rules of conduct and were banned, I don't think it's about the goal of money I think it's about how they got that money and if RAW used dishonest means to get it then I see why they got banned. 

Far as I can see asylum got all their backers honestly and didn't lie or cheat or steal. 

This is a quote from a website discussing the suspension

“Our rules and guidelines ask that creators seek to raise the amount of money needed to bring a project to completion and fulfill all rewards," said a Kickstarter representative.

“This creator stated in an update that they would need to raise additional funds outside of Kickstarter to complete the game. We require projects to be honest and clearly presented, and this project failed to meet that standard.”

RAW had amassed $193,332 from 3,983 when the campaign was suspended, easily beating its funding target of $78,818. 

In the project FAQ, KillerWhale curiously admitted it would be impossible to realize its ambitions with $78,818, but explained its has other sources of funding. The dev team also conceded that the entire campaign was bundled together in a hurry, both of which are confessions that hardly inspire confidence. 

"Of course we need a lot more than $79,000. The minimum comfortable amount is about $300,000. We said earlier that there will be several fundraising campaigns," reads the FAQ. 

"We had a very tight deadline to prepare our Kickstarter campaign. You might think: 'You have been developing the game for 2.5 years and could not prepare properly for such an important event?' Yes, unfortunately we didn't have a chance to prepare as we could. This is due to delays, timing forecasts mistakes, and several serious life circumstances."

In other words asylum said they needed 150k and were able to get the project off the ground, getting additional funds after is fine, raw said they needed 78k and then said during the Kickstart they needed more which is considered dishonest.

"Should we meet our goal here on Kickstarter, we'll have everything we need to ensure that Identity gets completed."

The quote is self explanatory 

Edited by Shadow765
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

15 minutes ago, Shadow765 said:

"Should we meet our goal here on Kickstarter, we'll have everything we need to ensure that Identity gets completed."

The quote is self explanatory 

Yes it is, asylum stated that if they meet that goal they'll have the funds to get the project started and then completed which they're doing. 

The difference between asylum and raw is that raw said they only needed 79k then changed their minds during kickstart and didn't produce confidence. 

Asylum on the other hand clarified what they needed and that they would be able to ensure the project is finished after which they are sticking to doing that. 

Kickstarter doesn't care about what happens after a project is successful in Kickstart, only what happens during the Kickstart. 

Asylum met the goal and presented a clear and explained goal, they were approved by KS and have since gone on to further their goal by legitimate means. 

Raw wasn't honest, didn't have a clear plan and had to announce during KS that they needed a lot more money, I know who'd I'd back. 

Also you cannot expect a small team to make a huge game with just 150K, that's why they needed KS to get the ball rolling and then get funding through other legal means after KS. 

Raw should have been more realistic and honest and they weren't simple as that. 

I hope that clarifies any doubts about asylum or identity. 

2 minutes ago, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

Yes it is, asylum stated that if they meet that goal they'll have the funds to get the project started and then completed which they're doing. 

The difference between asylum and raw is that raw said they only needed 79k then changed their minds during kickstart and didn't produce confidence. 

Asylum on the other hand clarified what they needed and that they would able to ensure the project is finished after which they are sticking to. 

Kickstarter doesn't care about what happens after a project is successful in Kickstart, only what happens during the Kickstart. 

Asylum met the goal and presented a clear and explained goal, they were approved by KS and have since gone on to further their goal by legitimate means. 

Raw wasn't honest, didn't have a clear plan and had to announce during KS that they needed a lot more money, I know who'd I'd back. 

Right, but raising additional funds to complete the project when they explicity said "we'll have everything we need to ensure that Identity gets completed." Which implies that the funding goal would not be sufficient to produce a game like this.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shadow765 said:

Right, but raising additional funds to complete the project when they explicity said "we'll have everything we need to ensure that Identity gets completed." Which implies that the funding goal would not be sufficient to produce a game like this.

They could have worded it better sure, but they didn't lie about it. 

What they should have said is we'll have everything we need to get the process started after which we'll rely on private and backed funding to keep the proces going. 

They satisfied KS hence why they had a successful campaign. 

As far as I'm concerned they broke no rules and were not dishonest about their intentions. 

Just because raw was suspended it doesn't mean that asylum is suspicious, I really would just relax about the whole thing. Look at it this way, identity is slowly becoming a real game and raw isn't, again I know who'd I back. 

The biggest key difference is that asylum didn't need more money during KS, it is during KS that makes the difference. Raw needed more money and asylum didn't, what happens after isn't KS problem. 

6 minutes ago, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

They could have worded it better sure, but they didn't lie about it. 

What they should have said is we'll have everything we need to get the process started after which we'll rely on private and backed funding to keep the proces going. 

They satisfied KS hence why they had a successful campaign. 

As far as I'm concerned they broke no rules and were not dishonest about their intentions. 

Just because raw was suspended it doesn't mean that asylum is suspicious, I really would just relax about the whole thing. Look at it this way, identity is slowly becoming a real game and raw isn't, again I know who'd I back. 

Theres a thick line between wording it badly or misinforming the crowd funding.

If you say Youll have enough to complete the project means it is enough to do so. How can you word it that bad? 

Asylum raised over 1.4$ million dollars in a external fundraising

Edited by Shadow765

5 minutes ago, Shadow765 said:

Theres a thick line between wording it badly or misinforming the crowd funding.

If you say Youll have enough to complete the project means it is enough to do so. How can you word it that bad? 

Because again they satisfied KS. 

KS want to know that a project can be made clear which it was and that all the money they make DURING Kickstarter will be sufficient to get the project moving. 

When asylum said we'll have everything we need they told the truth, that 150k was enough to get the project started. 

Asylum never said we'll use this 150k and only this 150K to get the game finished because again you cannot expect a game of this caliber to be made by a company of this size with just 150K. 

Once again KS do not care if a project needs more money after KS. 

Asylum did not backtrack on anything during KS nor did they slap a plan together last Minute in a hurry. 

I'm not sure what else I can say but asylum did it right and raw didn't. 

Just now, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

KS want to know that a project can be made clear which it was and that all the money they make DURING Kickstarter will be sufficient to get the project moving. 

Wrong, KS wants to know if the project can be completed with the money they raised. The funding goal is the amount of money that a creator needs to complete their project. Complete, not giving it a head start.

1 minute ago, Shadow765 said:

Wrong, KS wants to know if the project can be completed with the money they raised. The funding goal is the amount of money that a creator needs to complete their project. Complete, not giving it a head start.

KS know their own policy and by all reasoning and logic they were satisfied with the progress and such of identity. 

KS would not have allowed identity to go on had they done something dishonest. 

I don't know the deeper mechanisms of this, all I know is that identity was open about their plans and goals and KS allowed it. 

It's not like asylum have been dishonest or anything towards the backers. 

They only backtracked on two official release dates because of genuine and real reasons and so far they've done everything they said plus more. 

The bottom line is that asylum hasn't done anything illegal and that's what needs to be addressed. 

My main argument is that people shouldn't suggest that asylum is dishonest without evidence and from everything that's been said plus the quote I provided I believe that asylum was honest in the eyes of the law and in the eyes of KS. 

6 minutes ago, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

KS know their own policy and by all reasoning and logic they were satisfied with the progress and such of identity. 

KS would not have allowed identity to go on had they done something dishonest. 

I don't know the deeper mechanisms of this, all I know is that identity was open about their plans and goals and KS allowed it. 

It's not like asylum have been dishonest or anything towards the backers. 

They only backtracked on two official release dates because of genuine and real reasons and so far they've done everything they said plus more. 

The bottom line is that asylum hasn't done anything illegal and that's what needs to be addressed. 

My main argument is that people shouldn't suggest that asylum is dishonest without evidence and from everything that's been said plus the quote I provided I believe that asylum was honest in the eyes of the law and in the eyes of KS. 

I legit just gave you evidence, yet you still dont see it.

First they told its enough to complete identity ("we'll have everything we need to ensure that Identity gets completed.")

Somehow kickstarter thinks this is a honest campaign

Proceeds to raise over $1.4M dollar because $150k is not enough.

Case closed

Edited by Shadow765
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Shadow765 said:

I legit just gave you evidence, yet you still dont see it.

First they told its enough to complete identity

Somehow kickstarter thinks this is a honest campaign

Proceeds to raise over $1.4M dollar because $150k is not enough.

Case closed

Then you will have to look into the case yourself. 

I have read into it and as far as KS is concerned raw was a major concern and identity was not. 

There were complaints of recycled assets and the potential breaking of German law but I can't confirm. 

I've argued my case and I believe that once again if asylum had done anything wrong we would have heard by now and as we haven't they're innocent

Case closed, if you truly believe that no matter what they're guilty then this game isn't for you. 

2 minutes ago, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

Then you will have to look into the case yourself. 

I have read into it and as far as KS is concerned raw was a major concern and identity was not. 

There were complaints of recycled assets and the potential breaking of German law but I can't confirm. 

I've argued my case and I believe that once again if asylum had done anything wrong we would have heard by now and as we haven't they're innocent

Case closed, if you truly believe that no matter what they're guilty then this game isn't for you. 

I gave you evidence as you requested for it, yet you gave me no evidence at all.

Case closed.

I gave you evidence as you requested for it, yet you gave me no evidence at all.

Case closed.

I gave you evidence in the form of an actual quote from a real interview, you may not agree with that evidence but it's still evidence. 

It's clear to me you seem to be more swayed towards raw despite the fact that raw hasn't even passed KS or even started proper development for that matter whereas identity has already launched it's first module and is working towards it's second with the third module expected to be launched next year and the beta following the year after.

Whether you agree with identity and asylum is irrelevant to me, I can see which project is becoming a reality and that's from an unbiased perspective, you on the othehand seem to be biased towards raw no matter what. 

I have nothing else to add to this debate, I've offered my opinion and my evidence to back up that asylum were honest and that raw was suspended for a reason, you seem to be basing your opinion about raw on emotion somewhat rather than facts. 

11 minutes ago, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

I gave you evidence in the form of an actual quote from a real interview, you may not agree with that evidence but it's still evidence. 

It's clear to me you seem to be more swayed towards raw despite the fact that raw hasn't even passed KS or even started proper development for that matter whereas identity has already launched it's first module and is working towards it's second with the third module expected to be launched next year and the beta following the year after.

Whether you agree with identity and asylum is irrelevant to me, I can see which project is becoming a reality and that's from an unbiased perspective, you on the othehand seem to be biased towards raw no matter what. 

I have nothing else to add to this debate, I've offered my opinion and my evidence to back up that asylum were honest and that raw was suspended for a reason, you seem to be basing your opinion about raw on emotion somewhat rather than facts. 

I gave you direct quotes from kickstarter, what else do you need?

I also never backed raw because I knew it would be a scam. You seem to be too biased to identity, yes I was a fan boy, but I am not anymore. So I was on the two sides of the coin. 

I gave you pure evidence, yet you kept ignoring the facts. I cannot argue any further unless you decide to read my evidence.

At this point you are just being delusional.

Edited by Shadow765

I gave you direct quotes from kickstarter, what else do you need?

I also never backed raw because I knew it would be a scam. You seem to be too biased to identity, yes I was a fan boy, but I am not anymore. So I was on the two sides of the coin. 

I'm not a biased fanboy, I acknowledge that asylum are far from perfect and have fallen short in the past with the release dates but have always been fair in criticism and have played the waiting game. 

I never suspected this game to be a scam and I've always lived in comfort so to speak that that's true and judging by the progress I can see that they're on schedule. 

Raw probably was and is a scam, I believe that according to KS policy and rules that raw was in direct violation of said policy and so was rightly suspended if not outright banned.

Asylum and identity aren't the same by any means. 

I have always believed that those who directly call this game a scam will be proven wrong and that this game will flourish given time and I think that's true. 

Raw is a valuable lesson of why you shouldn't immediately back a game, I backed identity because it had already been backed by a huge portion of people and I'm pretty sure it was after the backing goal had been met that I backed it, I even backed the full 500 but that wasn't immediately. 

1 minute ago, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

I'm not a biased fanboy, I acknowledge that asylum are far from perfect and have fallen short in the past with the release dates but have always been fair in criticism and have played the waiting game. 

I never suspected this game to be a scam and I've always lived in comfort so to speak that that's true and judging by the progress I can see that they're on schedule. 

Raw probably was and is a scam, I believe that according to KS policy and rules that raw was in direct violation of said policy and so was rightly suspended if not outright banned.

Asylum and identity aren't the same by any means. 

I have always believed that those who directly call this game a scam will be proven wrong and that this game will flourish given time and I think that's true. 

Raw is a valuable lesson of why you shouldn't immediately back a game, I backed identity because it had already been backed by a huge portion of people and I'm pretty sure it was after the backing goal had been met that I backed it, I even backed the full 500 but that wasn't immediately. 

Ok now you are just being delusional.

1) Raw was backed by a huge portion of people aswell 

Im srry but you take things way out of context

Ok now you are just being delusional.

1) Raw was backed by a huge portion of people aswell 

Im srry but you take things way out of context

I look into things deeply, there's a difference that doesn't mean delusion by any means. 

Raw might Have been backed by a large number of people but that doesn't change the fact that KS feels they were a huge concern and broke several rules of KS policy. 

I remain of the same stance that raw clearly broke several rules and didn't produce a clear plan nor were they honest about their financial plan, they said one thing then said another during KS and asylum didn't, they didn't announce at all that they needed extra funding they just continued to receive more funds after KS. 

I really don't know what else to say, I've said everything there is for me to say, I've debated all there is to debate about this and as such I don't see this going anywhere further other than around in circles. 

I hope you'll come round and see that identity will be a great game but alas if not then I wish you good luck in whatever you do