Shadow765

Lack of communication from developers

Honestly the lack of communication from the developers is very amusing and ridiculous

Why arent they answering our questions in the forums?

If you say their priority is making the game, well they had more than enough time to do that

time to answer our questions.

We have 0 idea of whats going on in there company, didnt know that 3 or more staff resigned, seriously we need more transparency here

This game was built on false promises 

Edited by Shadow765
  • Like 1

I do get it and understand but from the lack of information and communication, I can only presume it is because they are busy working on the game. 

Then again it only takes a few moments to prepare a post and some information, but it takes longer to make a video so it’s a double ended sword. 

That aside, I am curious to know where we stand on the game. Thankfully I paid with PayPal and they allow for refunds but I do not want too after the money I put into this game with hope!

i hope this open world stuff comes soon because it’s getting silly with the time now and Arma 3 Altas Life is done and dusted to death, maybe stop the town square and just give us the game already? 

10 hours ago, kyle939 said:

maybe stop the town square and just give us the game already? 

The Town Square is apart of the game, The way it works is the 3 Modules being standalone pieces / functioning alone from one another, will eventually merge into 1 and with more added including the full map, will then be the Beta. Beta being very close to the full game.

The Town Square is being worked on, so is the swat module, but these will be both vital parts to the full game and so they are making the game already.

I do get it and understand but from the lack of information and communication, I can only presume it is because they are busy working on the game. 

Correct.

That aside, I am curious to know where we stand on the game.

It is getting there, as little progress we may see, it is moving closer to the next stage each day.

On 18/07/2019 at 4:15 AM, Shadow765 said:

Why arent they answering our questions in the forums?

Which questions? 

We have 0 idea of whats going on in there company, didnt know that 3 or more staff resigned, seriously we need more transparency here

1 Person resigned, 1 person decided to not renew his contract which had run out. So I count 2 not 3.

This game was built on false promises

What False promises? Because for 1 they have delivered the Town Square module, they gave what it said would have in it on day 1. They have added a couple different things to it too. So what was the false promises?

2 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

The Town Square is apart of the game, The way it works is the 3 Modules being standalone pieces / functioning alone from one another, will eventually merge into 1 and with more added including the full map, will then be the Beta. Beta being very close to the full game.

The Town Square is being worked on, so is the swat module, but these will be both vital parts to the full game and so they are making the game already.

Correct.

It is getting there, as little progress we may see, it is moving closer to the next stage each day.

Which questions? 

1 Person resigned, 1 person decided to not renew his contract which had run out. So I count 2 not 3.

What False promises? Because for 1 they have delivered the Town Square module, they gave what it said would have in it on day 1. They have added a couple different things to it too. So what was the false promises?

The estimated delivery for the town square was December 2016.

Its now 2019, and we are still stuck in this so called module, which has completely no relevance to the game. Aside its only a social module.

If you go look in the reviews on steam, its pretty self explanatory.

Edited by Shadow765
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Shadow765 said:

Most games on kickstarter surpass the 2 years they have as a timeline. Just remember 2 years is not enough to create a game from scratch. Yes it took them 2 years extra to get to the town square module but that is because the resources were low. A small team, and low funding compared to games usually have. They also had set backs which increased the delay further, not just 1 set back but multiple. 

Its now 2019, and we are still stuck in this so called module, which has completely no relevance to the game. Aside its only a social module.

"This so called module" is very important within the game. The foundations are built within the module and yes it may only feature the social parts of game-play but it plays a much bigger part behind the scenes than you know. 

There are a lot of irrelevant reviews on steam, while a lot of relevant ones. Yes, it could have gone better, but a game in Steam Early access should always be known to be very buggy in the first place. Some pledgers/ customers, bought / pledged for Identity thinking they were going to get the full game straight away but by not reading what they was getting gave them disappointment when it was clearly stated/ said that the first thing would be Town Square known as the social Module. This is self explanatory too.

dont forget that we would be able to shoot guns ourselves for over 6 MONTHS right now, a few months ago we got a video about shooting, again claiming we will be able to shoot "soon", we still can t shoot 

14 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

Most games on kickstarter surpass the 2 years they have as a timeline. Just remember 2 years is not enough to create a game from scratch. Yes it took them 2 years extra to get to the town square module but that is because the resources were low. A small team, and low funding compared to games usually have. They also had set backs which increased the delay further, not just 1 set back but multiple. 

"This so called module" is very important within the game. The foundations are built within the module and yes it may only feature the social parts of game-play but it plays a much bigger part behind the scenes than you know. 

There are a lot of irrelevant reviews on steam, while a lot of relevant ones. Yes, it could have gone better, but a game in Steam Early access should always be known to be very buggy in the first place. Some pledgers/ customers, bought / pledged for Identity thinking they were going to get the full game straight away but by not reading what they was getting gave them disappointment when it was clearly stated/ said that the first thing would be Town Square known as the social Module. This is self explanatory too.

Im going to refer to this quote:

Second point - you appear to be developing this game vertically rather than horizontally. What I mean by that is you are focusing a lot of your attention into creating small areas with a lot of detail - you are creating what appears to be incredible gun mechanics, wildlife and scenery, but you don't even have the skeleton of the game NEARLY done yet. -GreenHound

That is my concern, focusing on modules is not a good idea.

It is not simple to create modules, or should we call them sections, into building a larger section. The whole game is very complex, and making these modules and attempting to put them together will be very time consuming, especially when a game like this has its own economy

The social module should only give us a taste of how the game is going to be like, but focusing on modules rather than the whole backbone of the game makes it look like an arcade game ,which is really not.

Edited by Shadow765

1 hour ago, Theezakj said:

dont forget that we would be able to shoot guns ourselves for over 6 MONTHS right now, a few months ago we got a video about shooting, again claiming we will be able to shoot "soon", we still can t shoot 

as I have mentioned before, there was talk about guns being added to the town square on the roadmap, but that roadmap never mentioned anything about "soon". they mentioned it was something that was being worked on for town square.

"- Guns, guns, guns! The shooting range in the basement of the police station will be opening up, giving you access to a few guns to try out (like the one pictured here).
This will give you a taste of how guns will work and feel. We'll show you how awesome the gun systems are with a video when we come closer to this release. "

then they changed it, probably because people were complaining about that fact:p in the beginning they stated soon, lol 

9 minutes ago, Theezakj said:

then they changed it, probably because people were complaining about that fact:p in the beginning they stated soon, lol 

No they didnt, if the dev blog were changed you would see it, but it wasnt edited, because it never mentioned "soon"...

I hope the developers are focusing on completing the game, instead of working on modules.

13 hours ago, Shadow765 said:

I hope the developers are focusing on completing the game, instead of working on modules.

The Modules are apart of the game. It is literally focusing on the 3 different parts, once they are done, they join them together while adding more to give us the beta, which will be feature complete. But they will continuously adding more to the full game. This way, you get to experience different sections of the game sooner rather than waiting longer for the entire thing. This also helps with testing as the game progresses. 

• Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

On 7/22/2019 at 8:21 AM, LuckyDuck said:

The Modules are apart of the game. It is literally focusing on the 3 different parts, once they are done, they join them together while adding more to give us the beta, which will be feature complete. But they will continuously adding more to the full game. This way, you get to experience different sections of the game sooner rather than waiting longer for the entire thing. This also helps with testing as the game progresses. 

I will like an explanation on how simple will it be to just "put the three parts" together. We do not want parts, we want the game. If every year it takes to create an extra set of module (racing, swat ect) then really how long would it take to finish the game? This game isnt suppose to be in parts, its suppose to give the full experience to the user. We are not paying for a CSGO product nor rainbow six nor need for speed. This game is based of a role playing game, not a racing game, not a Swat game.

I would rather at least experience the full game (even though its buggy) rather than experience in parts (even if its 100% bug free.)

Edited by Shadow765

5 hours ago, Shadow765 said:

I will like an explanation on how simple will it be to just "put the three parts" together. We do not want parts, we want the game. If every year it takes to create an extra set of module (racing, swat ect) then really how long would it take to finish the game? This game isnt suppose to be in parts, its suppose to give the full experience to the user. We are not paying for a CSGO product nor rainbow six nor need for speed. This game is based of a role playing game, not a racing game, not a Swat game.

I would rather at least experience the full game (even though its buggy) rather than experience in parts (even if its 100% bug free.)

Okay, but you do want to wait or do you not want to wait. If you think about it, you will be waiting the same amount of time but with nothing to try out along the way. Yes I say in parts, but you will experience the full game in the Beta stage. If you want to wait until the Beta stage then you can choose to wait and not play the modules. 

The devs only introduced the modules because they didn't want everyone to wait more for the feature complete beta with nothing. You can wait if you want the Beta... Just don't play the modules until Beta is released simple. Just don't moan about waiting if that is what you want rather than to play the modules before it reaches the stage you want.

I think its quite simple. 

The reason there is lack of communication is that they are totally focused on getting it right this time. They won't release anything extra until there has been extensive testing and the users actually have something to do and it runs smoothly.

They CANNOT afford to release anything now that fucks up, or is 2nd rate as their first attempt was royally fucked up big time. Hence all the shite reviews on steam and people here slagging it all off. Rightly so to be honest, so lets hope what we see next is something we can be excited about and talk about on social media and start spreading the good word about how good this game has progressed and lessons have been learnt from the town square.

Be patient everyone, its going to be a few years yet before you see a full game., but it will be good. :D

11 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

Okay, but you do want to wait or do you not want to wait. If you think about it, you will be waiting the same amount of time but with nothing to try out along the way. Yes I say in parts, but you will experience the full game in the Beta stage. If you want to wait until the Beta stage then you can choose to wait and not play the modules. 

The devs only introduced the modules because they didn't want everyone to wait more for the feature complete beta with nothing. You can wait if you want the Beta... Just don't play the modules until Beta is released simple. Just don't moan about waiting if that is what you want rather than to play the modules before it reaches the stage you want.

Im not moaning at all, all Im saying its taking too damn long already. But like I said, when they finish Im going to have my expectations high up. I can wait. I would want more transparency between the devs and users though.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2019 at 7:21 AM, LuckyDuck said:

Well here is my question. Is the staff working on developing the backbone of this game or just the modules. If the modules are it, then it will just be a game without proper mechanics and wont be truly open world.

11 hours ago, kareem said:

Well here is my question. Is the staff working on developing the backbone of this game or just the modules. If the modules are it, then it will just be a game without proper mechanics and wont be truly open world.

that's not true, working on the modules is working on the backbone, a couple of the most important parts of the game are the character customization, apartment decoration, gun physics and the car mechanics. yes they will need to work on an economic system as well, which they will. after all the modules are done they will combine their mechanics into a beta... its not like working on mechanics one at a time will leave you without proper mechanics

• Like 1

12 hours ago, kareem said:

To expand on what @dagtagsaid, the rest of the mechanics will be in the Beta. The Beta including all 3 modules, but in 1 world. + the entire map and the the economic system. Jobs, careers. making it the closest thing to the full game.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

To expand on what @dagtagsaid, the rest of the mechanics will be in the Beta. The Beta including all 3 modules, but in 1 world. + the entire map and the the economic system. Jobs, careers. making it the closest thing to the full game.

Thanks for being one of the few people giving us info I appreciate it

• Like 1

9 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

10 hours ago, dagtag said:

that's not true, working on the modules is working on the backbone, a couple of the most important parts of the game are the character customization, apartment decoration, gun physics and the car mechanics. yes they will need to work on an economic system as well, which they will. after all the modules are done they will combine their mechanics into a beta... its not like working on mechanics one at a time will leave you without proper mechanics

I appreciate the answers. The devs should save the moderators the burden and try to help them by answering questions on the forums.

but once again thanks.

I can't help but feel that people still haven't learned by now how game development and Kickstarted projects work. 

I also can't help but feel that a huge portion of backers didn't read the terms properly and thought it would be a huge game on day one and were disappointed. 

Unfortunately a lot of people want instant gratification without waiting. 

I've spent the last 6-12 months not even bothering to check to forums, not because I don't care for the game but because I know full well that John vanderzwet and the team have everything running ship shape and to the best of their ability. 

People really need to learn to chill and have patience. It's for this reason I worry that some of the people playing identity might not even be mentally mature enough to actually take role playing seriously. 

Edited by Preston_bodhi_343
  • Like 3
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

20 hours ago, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

I can't help but feel that people still haven't learned by now how game development and Kickstarted projects work. 

I also can't help but feel that a huge portion of backers didn't read the terms properly and thought it would be a huge game on day one and were disappointed. 

Unfortunately a lot of people want instant gratification without waiting. 

I've spent the last 6-12 months not even bothering to check to forums, not because I don't care for the game but because I know full well that John vanderzwet and the team have everything running ship shape and to the best of their ability. 

People really need to learn to chill and have patience. It's for this reason I worry that some of the people playing identity might not even be mentally mature enough to actually take role playing seriously. 

4 years is a long time, keep in mind I backed this game when I just started high school, now im already moving to my first year in engineering program. This game is ridiculous and so are the dev team. They charge $30 for a social module (According to the reviews, it just ruins identity's reputation). Bad time to release it on steam.

There are also various things that I found really suspicious, $187k CAD was raised in the kickstarter, but apprently that is not enough to complete the game, so they did a external fundraising (via this website).

however, according to kickstarter terms, Your funding goal should be the minimum amount of funds you need to complete your project. 

Edited by Shadow765

Advanced issues found

16 hours ago, Shadow765 said:

There are also various things that I found really suspicious, $187k CAD was raised in the kickstarter, but apprently that is not enough to complete the game, so they did a external fundraising (via this website).

however, according to Kickstarter terms, Your funding goal should be the minimum amount of funds you need to complete your project. 

Yea i was thinking about that after what happened to RAW so these guys are also breaking the rules as well.