Sign in to follow this  
LaqueshaBrown

making identity sandbox?

I have no knowledge on what needs to happen for this to work but, I think it'd be the best for a game with bad rep and obvious lack of game making skills. 

Fix the base of the game and allow people to make there own cars/weapons/maps everything via steam workshop gmod and arma two very successful games that have roleplay both of them use steam workshop for content creators to make custom features for their server. SantosRP MonolithRP Perp Darkrp Takistan A3PL SilverLake<- some different gamemodes that used steam workshop/mod

Like I said I have no idea how any of that works but, from what I'm seeing is that people are frustrated with the dev's because there trying to do every damn little thing and it's taking way too long. 

On 12/05/2019 at 10:43 AM, LaqueshaBrown said:

I have no knowledge on what needs to happen for this to work but, I think it'd be the best for a game with bad rep and obvious lack of game making skills. 

Fix the base of the game and allow people to make there own cars/weapons/maps everything via steam workshop gmod and arma two very successful games that have roleplay both of them use steam workshop for content creators to make custom features for their server. SantosRP MonolithRP Perp Darkrp Takistan A3PL SilverLake<- some different gamemodes that used steam workshop/mod

Like I said I have no idea how any of that works but, from what I'm seeing is that people are frustrated with the dev's because there trying to do every damn little thing and it's taking way too long. 

I get what you mean, but I think that idea is worse than carrying on with what they have promised. if they do that then people will mod in stupid things too and the game will be ruined. It might make it be finished faster but that is saying to the devs to just give up on the game entirely IMO. I want the game as much as everyone else. I have waited from the beginning and I will wait until the end. All I want is the devs to finish the game without rushing or compromising to the community that is being impatient. Yeah they can complain but doesn't mean it isn't noted and it doesn't mean they have to change the game drastically as this suggestion. The complaints are to help the devs change how they go about doing things drastically rather than change the game itself.

On 12/5/2019 at 11:43 AM, LaqueshaBrown said:

I totally agree with what lucky said, and i kinda wanna add something as well. While arma and gmod have a workshop to do these sort of things, you souldnt compare them to identity. Both arma and gmod may have roleplay servers, but they arent roleplay games. Identity is purely focussed on roleplay whereas arma and gmod are more focussed around being "open" games where there is much more variation in as to what can be made of the game by the community. And while this might work great for games like arma and gmod it will defenitly not work for identity, and will most likely ruin the game as a result.

• Like 1

On 5/13/2019 at 10:02 AM, LuckyDuck said:

The complaints are to help the devs change how they go about doing things drastically rather than change the game itself.

The game itself absolutely has to change, at least in current scope, for it to ever have a chance at succeeding in any way, form, or fashion. They squandered the money AND kicked down their own backers' trust.........and without funds OR at least an adequate skillset (which they've shown is not really up to snuff yet), something of the magnitude of what they promised is never, ever, ever, ever coming. So it's absolutely a good suggestion to allow Identity to morph into something more feasible for them to create.

The only other possibility I see is to sell the IP to a functional team that has a greater chance of finishing it.

• Like 3