Sign in to follow this  
OMG_PotatoeZ

My 24 Hour Thoughts.

So, obviously I didn't play this game 24 hour straight, or 24 hours at all. But after owning and playing it a good bit in the past 24 hours, I have a few extra things to say. 
First off, I still love this module. It's creative and enjoyable, even alone, I had fun furnishing my house and growing weed, singing karaoke to an empty room.. But here's the thing. This is a social module. Therefore, things that involve socializing, should at the end of it, be mostly bug free. For example, the karaoke machine will only play the first 10 songs and the rest won't even turn on. If this is intentional why even add the other songs in the first place? Another example is, the television doesn't completely work. Only some YouTube videos work and even then they don't have audio. There are a lot of other issues that I will be posting in a bug related post but those a just a few problems and there's one major issue with the social module. The lack of socialization. How am I supposed to socialize if I've met 4 people and none of them understood how to talk or they couldn't hear me talk, or I couldn't hear them talk? And even then, these players just spawned in and I never saw them again after that. For a social module, there's a real lack of sociality and I have to say that's because the lack of content in the town square. I spent an hour looking for a bookstore then realizing it wasn't even added in yet and the coffee shop was locked. I explored the art gallery and wanted to add my paintings to it, only to have my canvas glitch out when I was painting. I think that at least a portion of the devs should be focused on the current module, performing bug fixes and adding minor things to it, nothing major, just to keep content flowing and show progress. Anyway, I love the game, keep up the hard work!

I posted a review on Steam, highlighting almost the same thing you did. It was an early review, but I posted about the lack of Social aspect in a Social Module. One of the things that could make it better is to give people an incentive to be social after all this is a Roleplay game, There is so much you can do as far as roleplay to make in engaging to do just that. Here, come run with me around the block, or come see the weed I got in my apartment I can't do anything with. There is no incentive to be Social, I had a request to put a small bit of content in  Town square to make it more engaging, like  a drug deal where you get some kind of currency or  something to get things started with some roleplay, I know the gun thing is a big deal right now, but it's all teasers into it gets put in game, people will get bored and use the Bugs that are still plagued in town square as a reason to go elsewhere. There are so many people that have a bitter taste for this game as of now, the reviews are very bad and anyone who reads them will question the game, that is a fact. you read it every day, all day, and it's just common sense  to make things more engaging, they keep saying, the town square is a social module, that is all it is, but there is no reason to be social or have any kind of meaningful roleplay when there isn't incentive to do just that. The TV bugs are still there, the Art bug is still there, last time I logged the Elevator Bug, might have been fixed, will have to log in a few times to find out.  

Just wanted to say, No the Elevator Bug is not fixed, must not be a Priority at this time, but I'll just wait about a year or so, and see if anything has changed. I have given this Module my time, I'll just wait for the next one, and if its better, I'll give it a little more time.

I believe they should have a developer focused on bug fixing, I believe I may have said it in my post, but it would really help out the overall quality of the game in the long run, take a little work off the devs working on current modules, and let players have a sense of progression within the modules. And yeah, the elevator bug has harassed me since the beginning

8 hours ago, OMG_PotatoeZ said:

I believe they should have a developer focused on bug fixing, I believe I may have said it in my post, but it would really help out the overall quality of the game in the long run, take a little work off the devs working on current modules, and let players have a sense of progression within the modules. And yeah, the elevator bug has harassed me since the beginning

the elevator bug only got in the game since the last update, and this bug has been fixed on their internal build. they are both focusing on progression and bug fixes

• Like 1

8 hours ago, dagtag said:

the elevator bug only got in the game since the last update, and this bug has been fixed on their internal build. they are both focusing on progression and bug fixes

No, the Elevator Bug is not fixed, this is misinformation when it happens every time for the 20th time, it's not a fluke it is still a Bug, no matter when or what update it started from. I report it every time whether I log back in or not.  As I stated, I gave this module my time, things are still there and it's still too filled with Bugs and the lack of social aspect makes it not too welcoming of a game at this point. Maybe in a year or 2. Please don't say Bugs are fixed when it's clearly not.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rainwalker said:

Please don't say Bugs are fixed when it's clearly not.

He said in the internal build though, so the build they're currently working on.

• ver.1.22474487139 1

6 hours ago, Rainwalker said:

No, the Elevator Bug is not fixed, this is misinformation when it happens every time for the 20th time, it's not a fluke it is still a Bug, no matter when or what update it started from. I report it every time whether I log back in or not.  As I stated, I gave this module my time, things are still there and it's still too filled with Bugs and the lack of social aspect makes it not too welcoming of a game at this point. Maybe in a year or 2. Please don't say Bugs are fixed when it's clearly not.

like OMG_POTATOEZ clarified, I said they fixed it in the internal build, I never said they fixed the bug on the build that is currently out to the public.

On 5/12/2019 at 2:48 AM, dagtag said:

ike OMG_POTATOEZ clarified, I said they fixed it in the internal build, I never said they fixed the bug on the build that is currently out to the public.

.....and there is the problem.

Anyone can say anything can't they? No-one is ever going to believe you unless you have proof. Way too many months down the line and not even the elevator bug is fixed. What does that tell you? Like everyone else..... no-one appears to give a shit anymore. Just saying...........

52 minutes ago, 4thdesign said:

.....and there is the problem.

Anyone can say anything can't they? No-one is ever going to believe you unless you have proof. Way too many months down the line and not even the elevator bug is fixed. What does that tell you? Like everyone else..... no-one appears to give a shit anymore. Just saying...........

yes that is correct, anyone can say anything. but why would I lie? if I were to lie now I would only damage asylums reputation if the bug appears to be in the game after the update goes live. you see? you might not give a shit but other people still do.

• ver.1.22474487139 1