luisninja112

So... long time no here, was it a "scam"?

So, hi all, i dont come to this forum maybe like 1 year or 2 i dont know, but its been a long time.

I lost hype after seeing some gameplay of the game, not even half of what I was waiting (was totally hyped)

So do you guys think it was a scam?

4 minutes ago, luisninja112 said:

So, hi all, i dont come to this forum maybe like 1 year or 2 i dont know, but its been a long time.

I lost hype after seeing some gameplay of the game, not even half of what I was waiting (was totally hyped)

So do you guys think it was a scam?

The developers had already stated that the first module would be just a social module and that it would be quite small. Everything they promised for the first module has been implemented, they even added more things than promised so people would enjoy themselves a bit more in game.

• Like 2

On 08/04/2019 at 1:21 PM, dagtag said:

The developers had already stated that the first module would be just a social module and that it would be quite small. Everything they promised for the first module has been implemented, they even added more things than promised so people would enjoy themselves a bit more in game.

It's a shame most people either forget that the devs stated town square was going to be small or are just too young to understand that game development is a long and arduous but rewarding process. 

I, like you and everyone else just ignores these scam card callers but a point needs to be made.

Edited by Preston_bodhi_343
  • Like 1

It's a shame that people like you think they have a clue what they are talking about. It has nothing to do with age, it's the fact that this company pushed back ANNOUNCED release dates, 3 TIMES. Then, finally when the first module was released, we all knew it was going to be small but that wasn't the issue. It was unplayable and just looked like garbage. With the SWAT module it looks promising but if its anything like this first one, they will crash and burn. 

• Like 1

On 16/05/2019 at 1:47 AM, Shaknown95 said:

it's the fact that this company pushed back ANNOUNCED release dates, 3 TIMES.

Other companies do it? These devs did it because they got 2 dates wrong but mistakes are made all the time. RDR2 being big doesn't matter, they pushed the full game back 2 times. But we know that if a small dev team makes mistakes then it is against the law. You can be angry at them for pushing the dates back. But I will tell you none of the bugs on the steam release were there on the dev build before release. FACT. It also happens a lot for games releasing on steam.

• ver.1.22474487139 1

Wow. 2 Things absolutely kill me about this thread.

#1 I don't think anyone really knows WTF their talking about when it comes to this game. Modules 1+2+3 aren't the game itself. All of those are things to do while the game is being made.

#2 The success/failure argument is so polarized. You're either a delusional fan boy pretending to have some inside knowledge about game development that no one else has or you're a grieving troll cause your expectations aren't being met, right now!

Now on to my opinion. I am very worried about this game. I actually want my $30 back. Not because I think it is a scam but I believe the end game will turn out to be the 3 modules + some defunct form of the rest of the games ideas. The dev team is too small, the work they have done already is too broken to have hope that the game seen in the trailer is coming to fruition anytime in the realistic future.

Yes I'm aware of how games are made. Be aware that the process is changing with "Early Access" and empty promises when the dev ALREADY HAS YOUR MONEY. The incentives for delivering promises are near gone when game devs can give it their "best shot" come up far short, miss and still make a buck on selling a good idea rather than a finished polished product.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, alphaBroMega said:

Yes I'm aware of how games are made. Be aware that the process is changing with "Early Access" and empty promises when the dev ALREADY HAS YOUR MONEY. The incentives for delivering promises are near gone when game devs can give it their "best shot" come up far short, miss and still make a buck on selling a good idea rather than a finished polished product.

Totally agree with you. What you buy now is a promise that has no hope. Dev team is horrible and their QA team is horrible also. There are so many bugs that leads to a dead end. Either, they ll scrap and rewrite this "module" or poorly made the next modules.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Plumis said:

Totally agree with you. What you buy now is a promise that has no hope. Dev team is horrible and their QA team is horrible also. There are so many bugs that leads to a dead end. Either, they ll scrap and rewrite this "module" or poorly made the next modules.

Fourms are dead. Game is Dead. This place will be a complete ghost town in a couple of months

• ver.1.22474487139 1

I got refunded for the game. The funny thing is the reason I bought it, is me and two friends were talking about basically making this exact game, but calling it "Life". Cause you could do anything in it you can in real life with "real life consequences". Glad we didn't even attempt it. We concluded we'd be better of either creating the games own technology or selling the idea to a MMORPG dev that could handle such a project.

With that I feel sorry for anyone who held on longer than the days and played more than 2 hours.

It's not a scam. The game is being developed and worked on daily. Now if you don't have the patience to wait and can't appreciate the work and progress being made, then that's a "you" problem. Today's youth needs instant gratification, well too bad. This isn't 'fortnite', if this applies to you, then move along. People crying about their $10 or $30 or whatever can't understand there are people who pledged way higher than that and are being patient. Haters gonna hate. All these entitled, disgruntled naysayers will never be satisfied. Screaming and demanding answers is so childish, and the project heads do not need to focus on pointless rants of those people acting like brats. The forums are here, there is a discord, and there are updates from Paratus. Like it or love it, there is info out there, and there is progress. Slow and steady wins the race. Finally, don't get it twisted, ya'll; I'm typing this up just to give a voice to those who think that this complaining is nonsense, which it is. With that, I'ma peace out. Go ahead and ridicule, bash, and generally make buffoons of yourselves, breaking yall's back trying to insult, demean, and degrade the work being done here, just be aware of that. Devs are out there on top of shit. It's all good on this side of the fence!

giphy.gif

I'll be looking forward to the ridiculous responses from ya'll lovely haters. I'm sure you will not disappoint!  

13 hours ago, BlazinBender said:

It's not a scam. The game is being developed and worked on daily. Now if you don't have the patience to wait and can't appreciate the work and progress being made, then that's a "you" problem. Today's youth needs instant gratification, well too bad. This isn't 'fortnite', if this applies to you, then move along. People crying about their $10 or $30 or whatever can't understand there are people who pledged way higher than that and are being patient. Haters gonna hate. All these entitled, disgruntled naysayers will never be satisfied. Screaming and demanding answers is so childish, and the project heads do not need to focus on pointless rants of those people acting like brats. The forums are here, there is a discord, and there are updates from Paratus. Like it or love it, there is info out there, and there is progress. Slow and steady wins the race. Finally, don't get it twisted, ya'll; I'm typing this up just to give a voice to those who think that this complaining is nonsense, which it is. With that, I'ma peace out. Go ahead and ridicule, bash, and generally make buffoons of yourselves, breaking yall's back trying to insult, demean, and degrade the work being done here, just be aware of that. Devs are out there on top of shit. It's all good on this side of the fence!

giphy.gif

I'll be looking forward to the ridiculous responses from ya'll lovely haters. I'm sure you will not disappoint!  

Just think about it if no one ever complained I wonder where this game would be. Probably another 2 years behind honestly. :D

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ILoveResses000 said:

Just think about it if no one ever complained I wonder where this game would be. Probably another 2 years behind honestly. :D

nonsense. got any hard evidence to back up your claims? doubt it

On 5/25/2019 at 7:21 PM, BlazinBender said:

It's not a scam. ... Finally, don't get it twisted, ya'll; I'm typing this up just to give a voice to those who think that this complaining is nonsense, which it is. With that, I'ma peace out. Go ahead and ridicule, bash, and generally make buffoons of yourselves, breaking yall's back trying to insult, demean, and degrade the work being done here, just be aware of that. Devs are out there on top of shit. It's all good on this side of the fence!

giphy.gif

yet you do have a right to an opinion, even if you just blowing hot air, I guess

giphy.gif

10 hours ago, BlazinBender said:

yet you do have a right to an opinion, even if you just blowing hot air, I guess

giphy.gif

So you are ok with the state of the game right now?

13 hours ago, ILoveResses000 said:

So you are ok with the state of the game right now?

I am not working on the game. I can't comment on the state of the game right now. What I do have access to, which is the Town Square module, is awesome in my own personal opinion, bugs and all.

giphy.gif

11 hours ago, BlazinBender said:

I am not working on the game. I can't comment on the state of the game right now. What I do have access to, which is the Town Square module, is awesome in my own personal opinion, bugs and all.

giphy.gif

As I said are YOU ok with the state of the game right now. Maybe you need a little bit of help. Try saying "I'm ok and happy with asylum entertainments work, and what they have done. I think they have done a great job and believe in them 100%" out loud to yourself and maybe things will start to click. Im happy to help and there is no need to thank me. Also thanks for dodging the questions :P

Edited by ILoveResses000
  • Like 1

Lol you keep calling the Town square module "the game" its a social module, nothing more. The actual game isn't out yet so commenting on the "state" of the game is ridiculous because you haven't played it. They stated time and time again that it wasn't going to have much content to it, it was supposed to give you a general idea of what it will be like in the game and it did.

• Like 2

I've been here since 2016 and I felt like there hasn't been any progress at all lol

• Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

23 hours ago, ILoveResses000 said:

As I said are YOU ok with the state of the game right now. Maybe you need a little bit of help. Try saying "I'm ok and happy with asylum entertainments work, and what they have done. I think they have done a great job and believe in them 100%" out loud to yourself and maybe things will start to click. Im happy to help and there is no need to thank me. Also thanks for dodging the questions :P

Just because you don't understand my answer does not mean I did not answer. Ridiculous. Also, I am clearly not thanking you at all don't worry. Do yourself a favor and be quiet, people are starting to think you don't understand whats going on, so don't go proving them right by chiming in again, though I find it hard to believe you'll take my advice so, good luck with that.

giphy.gif

17 hours ago, Shadow765 said:

I've been here since 2016 and I felt like there hasn't been any progress at all lol

really? do you really believe this? you actually feel there has been no progress in three plus years? If you are being honest here, then maybe you should pay a bit more attention.

Speaking of dodging questions, ILoveResses000, did you ever respond to the question I presented you with? No you did not. Clearly you are the one avoiding and dodging issues you yourself premised. 

here it is again to jog your memory:

On 26/05/2019 at 3:19 PM, ILoveResses000 said:

On 27/05/2019 at 2:08 PM, BlazinBender said:

giphy.gif

Good luck with that

giphy.gif

7 hours ago, BlazinBender said:

Just because you don't understand my answer does not mean I did not answer. Ridiculous. Also, I am clearly not thanking you at all don't worry. Do yourself a favor and be quiet, people are starting to think you don't understand whats going on, so don't go proving them right by chiming in again, though I find it hard to believe you'll take my advice so, good luck with that.

giphy.gif

really? do you really believe this? you actually feel there has been no progress in three plus years? If you are being honest here, then maybe you should pay a bit more attention.

Speaking of dodging questions, ILoveResses000, did you ever respond to the question I presented you with? No you did not. Clearly you are the one avoiding and dodging issues you yourself premised. 

Good luck with that

giphy.gif

I said probably. Just a thought. No need to take offense to it. But seriously man everyone who is commenting on this thread you are responding to it like they are personally attacking you. We get it you have probably pledged a lot more money then most and don't want to see that go to waste and I mean if you back out now. You will look like an idiot. So stick your feet in the mud and go down with the ship. Its all you really can do at this point. I obviously don't have a time machine so I can't answer your question. But how things have been in the real world(you may not be familiar) is when people complain, change happens. There are countless examples of that.

• Like 2

On 29/05/2019 at 10:16 AM, BlazinBender said:

giphy.gif

Good luck with that

giphy.gif

Are you paying attention?

Have you seen the progress at all?

there has been no progress what-so-ever 

yes, I've seen the new gun update 

BUT

At this point the game should have been done

Edited by Shadow765
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Shadow765 said:

Are you paying attention?

Have you seen the progress at all?

there has been no progress what-so-ever 

yes, I've seen the new gun update 

BUT

At this point the game should have been done

With more funding, yes the game should have been done and if the game was not re-done multiple times during development. Lack of man power also is a cause of slow development. Yet you say it should have been done for a super small team when games which are in the multi millions take up to 7 years and have 100 or more devs in total.

• ver.1.22474487139 1

11 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

With more funding, yes the game should have been done and if the game was not re-done multiple times during development. Lack of man power also is a cause of slow development. Yet you say it should have been done for a super small team when games which are in the multi millions take up to 7 years and have 100 or more devs in total.

With the money that has been given and also that private investor that invested a "Unknown amount" there should be no excuse that there is no more done.

1 hour ago, ILoveResses000 said:

With the money that has been given and also that private investor that invested a "Unknown amount" there should be no excuse that there is no more done.

I knew about that unknown investor, but never knew they got that investment from them? I have no clue and also they have been doing things, yeah bug fixes but they are working on the game. I have seen multiple updates over a few days. Small bug fixes but it is still something while they are working on more content. I would say I am sure that if you had the amount they got so far over 4 years that you wouldn't still have a full game. Games are more expensive than the look to create.

• ver.1.22474487139 1

19 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

So $1 million dollars in funds just to make a small square area map with no content inside of it?

We already expect that the game won't be anywhere similar to GTA (due to a large difference in funds)

But like I said they should have at least completed 2/3 of the game already.

I love how people bring the funding issue, it shouldn't be a problem.

The company knew it wouldn't get a kickstarter of like $100M+, so they need to adapt with the current budget they have.

They even have the audacity to release the town square module to steam and make people pay $30 USD.

Edited by Shadow765
  • Like 1