Rainwalker

My time in Identity as of Today

Just wanted to take some time and comment on my time in Identity today. This is the most I have on the game since the first module launched.  There are still problems, I will get to that, but I can see how the game is starting to shape up, and now it feels more engaging.  

I wish the buy-sell to get money was already in place. I  think it would get more people involved with some kind of Roleplay. Since you can now grow Weed, It would be good if you could make some kind of currency off of it that would let people do some kind of R/P with making money and planning things.  Since the Cops aspect is not there yet, it would still give players a base to get into a meaningful Roleplay, I mean what were you going to Roleplay running around the block?  Just a thought, I feel would help some that are patiently waiting for farther releases.

The Bugs and Crashes. Ok, this is the Rant, the above were suggestions, but this is where I  call Game stopper.  Now that I have been in-game for the better part of the day, I couldn't help but notice, every other time I used the elevator the game crashed.  I reported 11 times in the crash reports. that was kind of sad since I had to run back to my Apartment to finish what I was doing since  I Spawned out in the street, Which brings to Question If you are already in your Apartment when you Exit or in my case Crash, why don't you spawn where you left off?  There were a few times I had to restart the game because I couldn't move, like by the fountain, I threw my coin, and was stuck, couldn't move, another time I was in my Apartment by the TV, and just got stuck, had to restart, things like this make for a bad Experience and should be Addressed, it doesn't matter if the team is working on other Modules, if the first one has these types of game Stoppers, what is the rest going to be like? I say this in what's going on in my mind and I am sure others also. 

The Tv, Youtube, that is a nice touch, I found that to be cool working in my Apartment with Music playing, this was until the search stopped and I would have to put in a URL, this is a Game stopper, why break immersion?   I really liked the music I could search until it broke, So that should be Addressed.  

All in all, the game is coming along, not well but coming Along. I do really think more Roleplay could be done if some kind of reward was there for doing the growing. Maybe get Currency to buy things, to get better Products, Better Growing equipment? Just something more to do, I know this is to show, how it's going to be done, and that's fine, but more could be added to get more out of it, is what I  am saying.  

I hope this post is taken as Constructive criticism, in no way am I bashing, just calling out points. 

I wanted to Amend this Post by saying, The Crashing in the Elevator is getting ridiculous, I see the search on the TV is fixed, well at least for now, so that is good, but I have crashed on the Elevator 12 times so far. I wish I had some kind of Tool to post a file of what is happening when the Crash happens but it seems to only be at the elevator. 

13 minutes ago, Rainwalker said:

I wanted to Amend this Post by saying, The Crashing in the Elevator is getting ridiculous, I see the search on the TV is fixed, well at least for now, so that is good, but I have crashed on the Elevator 12 times so far. I wish I had some kind of Tool to post a file of what is happening when the Crash happens but it seems to only be at the elevator. 

you can always fill out a bug report for the time being if the crashing keeps persisting: 

I have done this, I have video and Screenshots of the Crashes,  I know when and at what Moment it will Crash, it Crashes at the Elevator 2nd time you enter, I can call the crash out before it even Happens, it has been so constant.

The elevator crash has always been an issue I believe, even BEFORE the release as this was the excuse that was given when it was supposed to be released on a given day, then delayed because a dev said there is an issue with the elevator and they were ironing bugs out so when its fixed, it doesnt bug something else.

This is a point that I made when it first released saying that the devs released the game under pressure from the community..... that elevator bug should have been fixed before release, but heres the big question....... when is it ever going to be fixed? A bug they have known about for quite some time, still broken now!

I want this game to succeed as much as everyone else, but firstly.... its not a game in its current state. Its very poor as it stands and this is why the reviews are very poor, because of an early release.

Lets hope things improve over the next 5 years...... 6, maybe 7 before something is playable.

19 minutes ago, 4thdesign said:

The elevator crash has always been an issue I believe, even BEFORE the release as this was the excuse that was given when it was supposed to be released on a given day, then delayed because a dev said there is an issue with the elevator and they were ironing bugs out so when its fixed, it doesnt bug something else.

The elevator bug is resolved in our internal build, and will make it into the next patch which will be quite soon. There are significant graphical overhauls and more stuff, too.

The elevator bug you're referring to is not an old bug at all, but came into being quite recently when we changed our VoIP backend system for better voice clarity. The bug was related to the switching of voice "channels" between your apartment and the outside world.

• Like 5
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

On 02/04/2019 at 7:02 PM, Paratus said:

The elevator bug is resolved in our internal build, and will make it into the next patch which will be quite soon. There are significant graphical overhauls and more stuff, too.

The elevator bug you're referring to is not an old bug at all, but came into being quite recently when we changed our VoIP backend system for better voice clarity. The bug was related to the switching of voice "channels" between your apartment and the outside world.

Thank you John, always helpful and quick to provide clarification as to what the problem is. 

• Like 1