Sign in to follow this  
mezdoo

To the Devs

You guys said long time ago that big studios offered to fund you to finish your game, isn't now a great time to do that considering the current state of the game ?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, mezdoo said:

You guys said long time ago that big studios offered to fund you to finish your game, isn't now a great time to do that considering the current state of the game ?

as of now the budget is still fine so they wouldn't need the money from a bigger studio. the problem with a bigger company funding you is that almost all the decisions are in the hands of that company, and that isn't always a good thing

Just now, dagtag said:

as of now the budget is still fine so they wouldn't need the money from a bigger studio. the problem with a bigger company funding you is that almost all the decisions are in the hands of that company, and that isn't always a good thing

With all respect, in their case I guess it is a good thing, if they find a good company, but that's just my opinion.

• Like 1

The Kickstarter and the kitted-out office were supposed to lead into getting larger investors in board. 

In all honesty, even if they weren't opposed to the idea, I don't see any publishers scrambling to pick it up anyway. The concept could've attracted that sort of funding, but its track record and (lack of) popularity at this point would be pretty off-putting. 

Edited by lamona
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, mezdoo said:

With all respect, in their case I guess it is a good thing, if they find a good company, but that's just my opinion.

The developers don't want to lose Design controls and well for 1 IMO that is a better option than a publisher taking over and ruining the game completely from what the devs want to deliver. Yes the money will help them a lot faster but I am happy they say no to any company who wants to have control over the game design. That is my opinion because otherwise I would lose faith over a publisher gaining controls and then making the future very uncertain. I would love them though to have more funding etc but I hope they can find someone or a investor that will keep them in control.

Good point, but I guess not all the companies out there are bad, and they are losing all their fanbase  and future costumers right now because of the steam reviews, but that's just my opinion.

• Like 1