Roeten

So.... Is Identity dead?

1 hour ago, ILoveResses000 said:

Exactly how many "Developers" does Identity have left? I heard a couple of them jumped ship. Sounds like they knew what was going to happen :/

beachball, Motown and cyber left all because of a valid reason, this had nothing to do with what you are implying. beachballs contract ended, cyber moved back to the states and Motown also left because of reasons outside of the one you are implying. they all left on good terms.

5 hours ago, dagtag said:

beachball, Motown and cyber left all because of a valid reason, this had nothing to do with what you are implying. beachballs contract ended, cyber moved back to the states and Motown also left because of reasons outside of the one you are implying. they all left on good terms.

...coincidence? Three Main staff leaving around launch? Not sure about you but if you create a game the creators usually stay afterward. :/

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ILoveResses000 said:

...coincidence? Three Main staff leaving around launch? Not sure about you but if you create a game the creators usually stay afterward. :/

I already told you the reasons why they left and this is not up for discussion, there is nothing suspicious going on, and them leaving was for their own personal reasons. Dont make something else out of all this...

no matter if the game starts on kickstarter our anything else, is should not have been running as it was and is now... people dont care with all the excuses for why the game runs slow... instead dev should be true to us... how should we ever be able to support them again after this mess... i dont recomend this game to anyone, not even when i stream... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, thiesen90 said:

no matter if the game starts on kickstarter our anything else, is should not have been running as it was and is now... people dont care with all the excuses for why the game runs slow... instead dev should be true to us... how should we ever be able to support them again after this mess... i dont recomend this game to anyone, not even when i stream... 

the developers have been fairly open with what they are working on atm, and yes, day one might have been chaotic but that is bound to happen with any game.

2 minutes ago, dagtag said:

the developers have been fairly open with what they are working on atm, and yes, day one might have been chaotic but that is bound to happen with any game.

I have not seen a single dev video that they promise us when town square would get on steam? 

if u can link to them i would be more than happy?

Edited by thiesen90
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, thiesen90 said:

I have not seen a single dev video that they promise us when town square would get on steam? 

if u can link to them i would be more than happy?

I don't remember them promising dev videos right after town square has been released

however they are working on showcasing the combat in a video soon.

• ver.1.22474487139 2

10 minutes ago, dagtag said:

I don't remember them promising dev videos right after town square has been released

however they are working on showcasing the combat in a video soon.

THE FUTURE OF THE DEV BLOG

tslogo-medium.png

This may be one of the last couple developer blogs being sent out in this format as we're planning on soon transitioning to more frequent developer video blogs!

In the past, it's always been myself who wrote these blog posts. They've been a great way to reach out and letting everyone who doesn't follow us on social media know what we've been up to. That said, I think I speak for most people when I say video is more interesting and entertaining!

Look forward to meeting the team face-to-face in short but frequent videos. Some will be general updates about our work on Identity and some will be focused on certain aspects within the game.

Also, on that note, you're going to be getting a very interesting Identity Insider very shortly, covering criminal activity and gameplay. It's a major part of the game and we've surprisingly not been asked many questions about these systems in the past. You'll be getting all kinds of juicy new information and ideas of what you're going to encounter!

and this was back in July 10, 2018

Edited by thiesen90
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

1 minute ago, thiesen90 said:

THE FUTURE OF THE DEV BLOG

tslogo-medium.png

This may be one of the last couple developer blogs being sent out in this format as we're planning on soon transitioning to more frequent developer video blogs!

In the past, it's always been myself who wrote these blog posts. They've been a great way to reach out and letting everyone who doesn't follow us on social media know what we've been up to. That said, I think I speak for most people when I say video is more interesting and entertaining!

Look forward to meeting the team face-to-face in short but frequent videos. Some will be general updates about our work on Identity and some will be focused on certain aspects within the game.

Also, on that note, you're going to be getting a very interesting Identity Insider very shortly, covering criminal activity and gameplay. It's a major part of the game and we've surprisingly not been asked many questions about these systems in the past. You'll be getting all kinds of juicy new information and ideas of what you're going to encounter!

yes they had been talking about doing video blogs indeed, but nowhere inside this they promised this would be right after town square would be hitting steam. and like I have said before, they will release a new gunplay video soon.

• ver.1.22474487139 2

either these moderators are getting paid to "yes-man" this game, or they are in deep denial. unbelievable. 

10 hours ago, TheCobra said:

either these moderators are getting paid to "yes-man" this game, or they are in deep denial. unbelievable. 

we don't get paid for anything, neither are we in denial. what we have been doing so far is help people and correct misinformation, this we do so by using factual arguments. there is no denial about that.

On 4/29/2019 at 6:35 AM, dagtag said:

we don't get paid for anything, neither are we in denial. what we have been doing so far is help people and correct misinformation, this we do so by using factual arguments. there is no denial about that.

Factual arguments? 

On 4/10/2019 at 5:00 AM, dagtag said:

I already told you the reasons why they left and this is not up for discussion, there is nothing suspicious going on, and them leaving was for their own personal reasons. Dont make something else out of all this...

How is this factual argument? If a politician told you, "there is nothing suspicious going on" would laugh in their face. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chase said:

Factual arguments? 

How is this factual argument? If a politician told you, "there is nothing suspicious going on" would laugh in their face. 

like I said in that specific comment, "I already told you the reasons why they left" perhaps go and take a look at that comment... you will always be able to construct a conspiracy theory by singling out certain comments and then just ignoring all the others. 

On 3/23/2019 at 9:42 PM, dagtag said:

Yes, this is taking some time to be released to the public but game development isn't as easy as everyone here seems to think, there is a lot of trial and error, testing, retesting, fixing bugs, testing again, etc... it might take some time but that doesnt mean they aren't working hard

well first of all, adding things like a "small economy" is something they didn't initially plan for town square, yet they are adding it because they are listening to the public. if you would read up on what the town square would be then you would know that it was going to be very basic, and you agreed to this development process by funding it.

second of all its a highly modified engine, not the basic unreal engine you might be used to.

this is a fairly small team, this is a team consisting of programmers, art directors, etc, everyone of these people has their own separate job, a large team usually consists of a couple hundred people.

they never really had a due date until the actual release date of town square, all of those other dates were estimates and shouldn't be considered as deadlines.

The finish line may not be in sight but we are going to get there, and you will get what you paid for.

this isn't just a "shop" its a way of crowdfunding, by paying for a virtual item you are pledging money to the project, this is the only real reason these virtual things are being soled. it is no secret that a project like this needs money and this is where they get it from, after all this is a project funded by people. in the end everything that is sold in this store can be bought with in-game currency as well, the biggest difference being that the store bought item will have a unique layout/skin.

All of these furniture types had nothing to do with how long it took to develop the game, after all its the 3d artists that do the modeling and the programmers that do the programming. like I have said before, game development isn't as easy as it is made out to be, there is a new problem lurking around every corner in the form of a bug or an unsupported system, and sadly these problems slow down development time.

whether the meth system worked at that point or not doesnt really matter, it was a trailer to give everyone an idea of how these things could work/play out. 

in the end the developers are still working on the game, and with every passing day we are getting closer and closer to the final release. the devs have really showed that they can pull this off by making the decision of adding extra content to town square, like growing weed, and in the future a small economy. yeah sure, it will take a bit of time, but don't lose hope.

This is such bullshit. Maybe if they MET A SINGLE DEADLINE EVER then i would have hope but I know for sure this is another overhyped bullshit failed crowdfunded project

1 hour ago, kareem said:

I know for sure this is another overhyped bullshit failed crowdfunded project

Your opinion. It hasn't failed yet.

21 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

Your opinion. It hasn't failed yet.

And I would hope 95% of this community would belive it won't. 

You guys have done so much for us by keeping us in the loop and the dev team has done so much more by not only bringing this dream to us but also by going above and beyond to ensure that feedback is listened to and things are added in earlier to stop boredom. 

Seriously guys, thank you all so much. 

• Like 3

The mods keep telling us nothing, legit nothing

all they do is make up excuses for the devs.

The game was built on false promises 

Most of my threads got locked for unknown reasons, and they keep saying like "stay on topic" which I rather am. they use the forums rules an excuse not to answer our questions.

Not to mention I got banned from discord channel for expressing my opinion.

Also, this isn't day one, more like day 1095.

Finally, like Kareem has stated, the devs most likely never respond to these type of threads, and they should because its their RESPONSIBILITY to do so, not the mods.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ZanderiusMaximus said:

So my comment was deleted cause i told someone to stop posting gifs as they didn't help the topic, but yet this comment is specifically calling somone an "idiot" and its left up? these mods...

Mine hasn't been deleted because the mods can see I'm not explicitly insulting someone. 

I've kept within the terms of the forums simple as that. 

Edited by Preston_bodhi_343

You called someone an "Idiot" 

2. Respect others. Showing respect will encourage others to participate in discussion.

3. Flame, or attack others. Insults do not contribute to discussion, and will be removed.

21 minutes ago, ZanderiusMaximus said:

You called someone an "Idiot" 

2. Respect others. Showing respect will encourage others to participate in discussion.

3. Flame, or attack others. Insults do not contribute to discussion, and will be removed.

And yet here I stand. 

So clearly the devs don't take what I said to be insulting or flaming. 

@ZanderiusMaximusI have only just seen the post and so I have hidden the post for the language used. However, understand EVERYONE'S post which is quoting that post is now also hidden.

Also @Preston_bodhi_343 Please mind the language, profanity and insulting others is not tolerated here :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Shadow765 said:

Good Job in deleting my post once again

I am sorry, that I had to hide your post, but it was not because of what you said but if you read my reply above, I stated I hid all posts quoting a post which violated the rules. as I quote what I said: 

7 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

@ZanderiusMaximusI have only just seen the post and so I have hidden the post for the language used. However, understand EVERYONE'S post which is quoting that post is now also hidden.

Also @Preston_bodhi_343 Please mind the language, profanity and insulting others is not tolerated here :) 

9 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

I am sorry, that I had to hide your post, but it was not because of what you said but if you read my reply above, I stated I hid all posts quoting a post which violated the rules. as I quote what I said: 

Ok then,

can you re-upload my post without me quoting anyone? because I wasnt directly targeting the quote, it was more for everyone