Roeten

So.... Is Identity dead?

Personally I was one of the people who defended the game because they kept pushing back the Beta.

Identity lost a lot of fans with the release. The people who remain have some kind of blinding royalty I can respect/pity. The game isn't dead until the developers give up on it. Heck, they might even pull a No Man's Sky and win back our trust. If you were a part of us who backed the game early and got screwed with no Steam refund, then just hang tight buddy wait until your kids graduate College and we might just have some fun together after all!

• Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 3

1 hour ago, ColonelKimmers said:

Personally I was one of the people who defended the game because they kept pushing back the Beta.

Identity lost a lot of fans with the release. The people who remain have some kind of blinding royalty I can respect/pity. The game isn't dead until the developers give up on it. Heck, they might even pull a No Man's Sky and win back our trust. If you were a part of us who backed the game early and got screwed with no Steam refund, then just hang tight buddy wait until your kids graduate College and we might just have some fun together after all!

Idk why they don't just admit that they are not working hard on this. How long have we waited for guns, " Guns, guns, guns! The shooting range in the basement of the police station is now open and soon will give you access to a few guns to try out.
This will give you a taste of how guns will work and feel. We'll show you how awesome the gun systems are with a video when we come closer to this release."  They're adding stuff to town square like its DarkRP to "start a small economy" bitch just give us a fucking map and the systems we've asked for it is not that hard with such a large team ON UNREAL ENGINE. People always say they're building a game from scratch give them a break. I understand that, but also holy shit it's been this long with how big a team? Not a small one, 27 people is not small. I'd be completely fine if they were absolutely transparent and didn't act like they're some hard sweating workers pumping it out. Then also they've never met a due date, at some point, I don't remember when, I realized I'll never be seeing my $15 dollars worth. Not to mention pricing access to beta and modules IS VALUED AT ANOTHER $15, people defend that it's donating, but that shit says SHOP for a reason. Selling virtual dogs that they haven't coded yet. I wanna be patient and I wanna believe in them but I truly think a team of 10 real developers could get this done in 1/4 of the time. Maybe not the modeling, but fuck man you don't need 300 different types of furniture, I just want the game. At some point, it's not just disappointing to your customers. It's downright embarrassing to everyone on the team. Especially that Crime and Punishment trailer we got, where it got delayed a week to get sent the animations that weren't placeholders, BUT THEY WERE PLACEHOLDERS ANYWAY, IT WAS NOTED BY THE DEVS. Sometime tells me that meth system didn't work either and was just an overlay with no effect because if it had been working they would have shown it considering they show every piece of minute progress to prove that its GOING. I think that they'll get it done, one day, just not in my lifetime, the devs have a great idea and I want it to succeed and do well but nothing had boded well for the game since its original conception.

• Like 2
  • ver.1.22474487139 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

30 minutes ago, abababababa said:

Idk why they don't just admit that they are not working hard on this. How long have we waited for guns, " Guns, guns, guns! The shooting range in the basement of the police station is now open and soon will give you access to a few guns to try out.
This will give you a taste of how guns will work and feel. We'll show you how awesome the gun systems are with a video when we come closer to this release." 

Yes, this is taking some time to be released to the public but game development isn't as easy as everyone here seems to think, there is a lot of trial and error, testing, retesting, fixing bugs, testing again, etc... it might take some time but that doesnt mean they aren't working hard

32 minutes ago, abababababa said:

They're adding stuff to town square like its DarkRP to "start a small economy" bitch just give us a fucking map and the systems we've asked for it is not that hard with such a large team ON UNREAL ENGINE.

well first of all, adding things like a "small economy" is something they didn't initially plan for town square, yet they are adding it because they are listening to the public. if you would read up on what the town square would be then you would know that it was going to be very basic, and you agreed to this development process by funding it.

second of all its a highly modified engine, not the basic unreal engine you might be used to.

35 minutes ago, abababababa said:

People always say they're building a game from scratch give them a break. I understand that, but also holy shit it's been this long with how big a team? Not a small one, 27 people is not small.

this is a fairly small team, this is a team consisting of programmers, art directors, etc, everyone of these people has their own separate job, a large team usually consists of a couple hundred people.

36 minutes ago, abababababa said:

I'd be completely fine if they were absolutely transparent and didn't act like they're some hard sweating workers pumping it out. Then also they've never met a due date, at some point, I don't remember when, I realized I'll never be seeing my $15 dollars worth.

they never really had a due date until the actual release date of town square, all of those other dates were estimates and shouldn't be considered as deadlines.

The finish line may not be in sight but we are going to get there, and you will get what you paid for.

38 minutes ago, abababababa said:

Not to mention pricing access to beta and modules IS VALUED AT ANOTHER $15, people defend that it's donating, but that shit says SHOP for a reason. Selling virtual dogs that they haven't coded yet.

this isn't just a "shop" its a way of crowdfunding, by paying for a virtual item you are pledging money to the project, this is the only real reason these virtual things are being soled. it is no secret that a project like this needs money and this is where they get it from, after all this is a project funded by people. in the end everything that is sold in this store can be bought with in-game currency as well, the biggest difference being that the store bought item will have a unique layout/skin.

41 minutes ago, abababababa said:

I wanna be patient and I wanna believe in them but I truly think a team of 10 real developers could get this done in 1/4 of the time. Maybe not the modeling, but fuck man you don't need 300 different types of furniture, I just want the game. At some point, it's not just disappointing to your customers. It's downright embarrassing to everyone on the team.

All of these furniture types had nothing to do with how long it took to develop the game, after all its the 3d artists that do the modeling and the programmers that do the programming. like I have said before, game development isn't as easy as it is made out to be, there is a new problem lurking around every corner in the form of a bug or an unsupported system, and sadly these problems slow down development time.

44 minutes ago, abababababa said:

Especially that Crime and Punishment trailer we got, where it got delayed a week to get sent the animations that weren't placeholders, BUT THEY WERE PLACEHOLDERS ANYWAY, IT WAS NOTED BY THE DEVS. Sometime tells me that meth system didn't work either and was just an overlay with no effect because if it had been working they would have shown it considering they show every piece of minute progress to prove that its GOING.

whether the meth system worked at that point or not doesnt really matter, it was a trailer to give everyone an idea of how these things could work/play out. 

46 minutes ago, abababababa said:

I think that they'll get it done, one day, just not in my lifetime, the devs have a great idea and I want it to succeed and do well but nothing had boded well for the game since its original conception.

in the end the developers are still working on the game, and with every passing day we are getting closer and closer to the final release. the devs have really showed that they can pull this off by making the decision of adding extra content to town square, like growing weed, and in the future a small economy. yeah sure, it will take a bit of time, but don't lose hope.

Interesting to see a number of comments from this thread appear to have been deleted?!!!!!

I wonder why?!! LOL..... game is dead. Thats my opinion and I believe thats not against the law, no need to delete my comments. 

Thank you :)

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, 4thdesign said:

Interesting to see a number of comments from this thread appear to have been deleted?!!!!!

For 1, we cannot delete Individual comments directly, they get hidden which we class as deletion. We can only delete whole topics. There are no hidden comments on this topic of yours or anyone's. You only have 1 comment... I am replying to.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 4thdesign said:

I wonder why?!! LOL..... game is dead. Thats my opinion and I believe thats not against the law, no need to delete my comments. 

Thank you :)

Nothing against anyone but ive noticed this very thing happening all over this forum, but i digress

8 hours ago, ZanderiusMaximus said:

Nothing against anyone but ive noticed this very thing happening all over this forum, but i digress

I think some people might be confusing topics with one another, i can asure you that we arent hiding anyones comments that arent breaking any rules, 4thdesign hasnt even left any other comments on this topic but the one, i am pretty sure he confused this topic with another one.

Please do try to stay on topic next time ;)

On 3/23/2019 at 10:42 PM, dagtag said:

they never really had a due date until the actual release date of town square, all of those other dates were estimates and shouldn't be considered as deadlines.

It took 30 seconds to find this. I'm not just pulling this out of a hat. Can you at least verify before you say things? You're a moderator.

• Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

2 minutes ago, Chase said:

It took 30 seconds to find this. I'm not just pulling this out of a hat. Can you at least verify before you say things? You're a moderator.

I am aware of the dev blog...

"and can now say with fair confidence" this right here is a key thing in that sentence, this implies that it is an estimate, yes they were confident that it would be ready but not 100% certain, therefor its not a due date.

If it was an estimate, he would clarify that. Grasping at straws, to make an excuse, is why people feel this is a sketchy. Fair confidence and still a few months off? Not to mention it was hardly functional. A lot of the complaining here is from how bad the PR i and yet, the staff continue to repeat their mistakes. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Chase said:

If it was an estimate, he would clarify that. Grasping at straws, to make an excuse, is why people feel this is a sketchy. Fair confidence and still a few months off? Not to mention it was hardly functional. A lot of the complaining here is from how bad the PR i and yet, the staff continue to repeat their mistakes. 

Agree or disagree with me, its all the same. but do try to stay on topic next time.

1 hour ago, Chase said:

it was hardly functional.

When I tried the Module in July 2018, it was functional. It was also functional up until it was released onto steam for the public. A lot of games have the same problems on Day 1 release which they don't pre-testing.

13 hours ago, dagtag said:

I am aware of the dev blog...

"and can now say with fair confidence" this right here is a key thing in that sentence, this implies that it is an estimate, yes they were confident that it would be ready but not 100% certain, therefor its not a due date.

Ahhh implications...should go smoothly

I keep forgetting this game exists... I was excited for the launch.. played around for a few days goofing around with people... then everyone wised up and realized how boring the chat sim was. Maybe just maybe this game will survive... but I doubt many people will be left by the time swat is out.

• Like 1

On 26/03/2019 at 1:32 PM, Frisk said:

I keep forgetting this game exists... I was excited for the launch.. played around for a few days goofing around with people... then everyone wised up and realized how boring the chat sim was. Maybe just maybe this game will survive... but I doubt many people will be left by the time swat is out.

A- it doesn't exist & B - it has not launched. We have a module....not a 'game',why is this simple fact so hard for so many of you to grasp?

12 hours ago, Jinx said:

A- it doesn't exist & B - it has not launched. We have a module....not a 'game',why is this simple fact so hard for so many of you to grasp?

Well i mean...it kinda...does...exist...? By definition: the fact or state of living or having objective reality (so your nit picking this users words) This user knows the game hasn't fully launched (Givin their comment on "By the time SWAT is out") they just didn't use the best grammar (again your grasping for straws)

So in closing...well prolly wont get this far cause the thread will be deleted or closed

Edited by ZanderiusMaximus

On 3/23/2019 at 10:42 PM, dagtag said:

Yes, this is taking some time to be released to the public but game development isn't as easy as everyone here seems to think, there is a lot of trial and error, testing, retesting, fixing bugs, testing again, etc... it might take some time but that doesnt mean they aren't working hard

well first of all, adding things like a "small economy" is something they didn't initially plan for town square, yet they are adding it because they are listening to the public. if you would read up on what the town square would be then you would know that it was going to be very basic, and you agreed to this development process by funding it.

second of all its a highly modified engine, not the basic unreal engine you might be used to.

this is a fairly small team, this is a team consisting of programmers, art directors, etc, everyone of these people has their own separate job, a large team usually consists of a couple hundred people.

The finish line may not be in sight but we are going to get there, and you will get what you paid for.

this isn't just a "shop" its a way of crowdfunding, by paying for a virtual item you are pledging money to the project, this is the only real reason these virtual things are being soled. it is no secret that a project like this needs money and this is where they get it from, after all this is a project funded by people. in the end everything that is sold in this store can be bought with in-game currency as well, the biggest difference being that the store bought item will have a unique layout/skin.

All of these furniture types had nothing to do with how long it took to develop the game, after all its the 3d artists that do the modeling and the programmers that do the programming. like I have said before, game development isn't as easy as it is made out to be, there is a new problem lurking around every corner in the form of a bug or an unsupported system, and sadly these problems slow down development time.

whether the meth system worked at that point or not doesnt really matter, it was a trailer to give everyone an idea of how these things could work/play out. 

in the end the developers are still working on the game, and with every passing day we are getting closer and closer to the final release. the devs have really showed that they can pull this off by making the decision of adding extra content to town square, like growing weed, and in the future a small economy. yeah sure, it will take a bit of time, but don't lose hope.

With all this crowdfunding maybe they should hire more than what seems like 3 coders
using coder as a very general term

Edited by abababababa
  • Like 1

They should put the fans down. Stop dragging it on and slowly killing them. JUST RIP THE DAMN BANDAID OFF GOD DAWN AND TELL US ITS NOT COMING 

47 minutes ago, ILoveResses000 said:

They should put the fans down. Stop dragging it on and slowly killing them. JUST RIP THE DAMN BANDAID OFF GOD DAWN AND TELL US ITS NOT COMING 

I understand that you might have given up all hope but the developers are still working hard on updates and the upcoming module, there is a video coming up soon that will showcase bullet penetration and such.

Ah well the community still hasn't learned I see? 

Seems a lot of people still don't understand how kickstarted projects work or how alphas work or how betas and modules work etc. 

People pledged to this knowing it wouldn't be much until beta and despite the fact the devs have actually added more than they intended people still continue to act entitled and like they've been scammed. 

You lot didn't learn before and you still haven't learned now, the devs are working hard and you will get your full product one day when they get there. Jeez it's like the last few years never happened and the prokecewas just announced. 

• Like 1

On 4/7/2019 at 6:25 PM, dagtag said:

I understand that you might have given up all hope but the developers are still working hard on updates and the upcoming module, there is a video coming up soon that will showcase bullet penetration and such.

Exactly how many "Developers" does Identity have left? I heard a couple of them jumped ship. Sounds like they knew what was going to happen :/