Shaknown95

Ummm ?

13 hours ago, Shaknown95 said:

So, does any one still launch this game?? or is it 100% dead lol

Plenty of people still play the module. There isn't a lot to do which is why low player numbers, but game dead? Not even close lmao. 

• Like 2
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

Yeah i mean i don't think its dead but to think this forum use to be exploding with topics (5-10 new topics a day)...now there seem to be 5 comments/posts a week at most

9 hours ago, wiebley said:

game is more dead than Ned Stark...

RIP to those who invested in cars LMAO

But they're releasing more patches and will be releasing more content. If the game was dead they wouldn't be working on it. 9_9

they're working on it cause they got funded over a million dollars lol theyd have a huge lawsuit if the town square was all the released....

7 hours ago, Shaknown95 said:

they're working on it cause they got funded over a million dollars lol theyd have a huge lawsuit if the town square was all the released....

Sooooo it's not dead

8 hours ago, Shaknown95 said:

Just because they got funded a million doesn't mean anything. It can still fail and if they don't have anything worthy of new people backing it then the money will soon dry up, if it hasn't already. 

A nice shiny office and some snazzy computer chairs doesn't make a game. It just gives them comfort while our money goes down the toilet.

Edited by Worldraider
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

On 1/7/2019 at 8:33 PM, iStreamOnline said:

But they're releasing more patches and will be releasing more content. If the game was dead they wouldn't be working on it. 9_9

Oh right... Well let's see what the first of these patches includes shall we? I would anticipate a shop you can go into but not buy anything from... Or perhaps a new song on the karaoke? 

I have genuinely seen more functional university dissertations of throw away games than this... 

Incredible idea for the game, but wrong company to develop it I'm afraid. 

42 minutes ago, wiebley said:

Oh right... Well let's see what the first of these patches includes shall we? I would anticipate a shop you can go into but not buy anything from... Or perhaps a new song on the karaoke? 

I have genuinely seen more functional university dissertations of throw away games than this... 

These first patches have been released already, some of these patches fixed the memory leaks, others fixed the decorarion problems and accesibility of the pledged apartments. New songs for karaoke have also been released in a patch.

6 hours ago, wiebley said:

Naw..actually I do believe there we're actually a few patch updates...oh here they are:
Hotfix 1 - December 2nd -Fixed a whole lot of crashes! Settings menu crashes, server joining crashes, and the whole lot of them. -Fixed a bug which would make your character invisible. It may still happen from time to time, but will be rare. -Your character slots will now always be populated with your characters when the game starts up. -Fixed an bug causing the user interface to sometimes get stuck when making characters. -Textures on "that dress" are now fixed. -Resolved issues when joining a friend's game through Steam. -Improvements to voice communication quality. -Enormous improvements to server stability.
Hotfix 2 - December 3rd -Big improvements to lighting in the Town Square at night time. -Fixed broken lighting in the penthouse hallway. Remember you can check out all floor plans in the elevator. -Voices are both louder and longer travelling. -Graphical fixes inside the elevators. -Lighting on the cinema screen will now look more appropriate. -Removed the glue from cinema seats. -Again, more server/database stability improvements. -Messages with server connections will show up as intended, telling you what's happening when you click Play. -Fixed a bug which would send you back to character selection when trying to join a server if that server got full after you clicked Play (this happened a lot). Client Update - December 4th - No more invisible colliding elevator door - Additional fixes to login procedure - potential fix to inventory preview items showing up in the world.
Hotfix 3 - December 5th - Logging in off steam friend should now be more stable (ghosting should be gone) - A crash on client shutdown has been fixed (FYI internally, should also fix the crash when failing to connect to server) - Ghost zones created and placed around busy doorways and elevators (basically you stop colliding with players in these zones) - Improved VoIP quality - Higher quality item preview rendering in inventory - Improved load time of inventory UI - Karaoke no longer hearable from apartments 
Hotfix 4 - December 7th - Game process will no longer stay "running" when shutting down - Fixed bug where you'd be colliding on floors 4 and 5, in elevator and corridor - Fixed dark item preview in inventory during night time - Fixed a number of items that should've been able to hang on walls. They should now be correctly placeable. - Fixed missing lights in housing corridor 6 - Player character no longer hovering in login level 
Hotfix 5 - December 8th - Adjusted intensity of atmospheric light. - Fixed missing paperdoll previews. - Improved the way the camera field of view adapts with movement speed. - Fixed bug preventing a painting canvas interactivity. Show us your talents!
Patch 1.0.1.4643 - December 10th -Fixed a major physics engine crash. -You can now eat food in the restaurant, although it needs more polish. -Players now spawn outside of the hotel when joining a server. -Fixed bug where placing non-furniture items in apartments would be lost. -Corrected issues with wall decorations. -The elevator doors in shaft 2 will no longer block when open. -More furniture placement and rotation fixes. -Fixed many seats and chairs around the world where positioning was off. -Added button sound when calling an elevator. -Added sounds to newspaper dispensers. -Held items should be cleaned up properly when a player disconnects. -The white chess queen is now on the proper tile by default. -Overhauled the cinema schedule to include less commercial time. -Stage microphones will no longer prevent speech.
Hotfix 6 - December 12 - You can now rebind the key used to enter decoration mode. An indicator will show how to enter decoration mode when it's available. - Added a new key binding for toggling the display of the HUD (UI on screen). - Holiday wreaths are now available at the furniture store, but only for a limited time. - Merry Christmas! - Collision update on shelves and other furniture. - Fixed that apartments didn't load furniture and items when entered - The inventory character preview will now update properly when clothing is changed.
- Enabled consumable effects. Details below. This will be expanded a good deal in the future, including addictions and more effect detail. - You can now drink all alcohol sold by the bartender. Watch your step! - The drug dealer got his hands on heroin. - Marijuana effect is now active, affecting your pupils and giving bloodshot eyes. - Fixed initial rotation of preview items in shops and inventory. - Added more karaoke songs - Karaoke song volume reduced to be better suited for the environment. - Fixed a bug allowing you to get stuck in a static crouch while moving

Build 1.0.1.4703 - December 19 - Potential fix to red items staying when cancelling placement. - Changed furniture placement method to be more lenient on where you can place things. - Added Claim Items to the escape menu. This will finally let you claim your apartments in game! (Known limitation here: Can only claim one apartment type per account, it should be one apartment type per char) - Art deposit box should now correctly remove the deposited canvas from inventory much quicker. - Fixed missing collision in some corridors. - Numerous updates to furniture items to make them easier to place. - Players should no longer get stuck on police station counter.
Hotix 1.0.1.4704 - December 20 - Fixed that some walls in apartments were unselectable for decorating.
Build 1.0.1.4710 - December 31 - Fixed bug with chair path finding where you wouldn't be able to go to the requested spot if you were too close to it when you started. - Removed collision vs pawn for placement/edit actors in housing. - Should no longer be possible to walk around outside cinema or housing while not being in the main instance. This was being used to grief players by getting them stuck. So if that happened to you, try again now! - Made it possible to sit on chairs in apartments. - Fixed bug where sitting on tall chairs would make the player sink into the chair.

To be fair man a great many of these could be considered entry level Pre alpha alpha bugfixes. December 7th - Game process will no longer stay "running" when shutting down. I'm not gonna highlight them all but i do wish for their success 

21 minutes ago, ZanderiusMaximus said:

To be fair man a great many of these could be considered entry level Pre alpha alpha bugfixes. December 7th - Game process will no longer stay "running" when shutting down. I'm not gonna highlight them all but i do wish for their success 

Well technically it is an "alpha" as it's just a part of the game...1 of 3 modules to be released before the beta is even released.

12 hours ago, iStreamOnline said:

Well technically it is an "alpha" as it's just a part of the game...1 of 3 modules to be released before the beta is even released.

So in all those 'patches' you listed... there was no actual new playable functionality?

I think you will be lucky to get a new shop with nothing to buy in it and some additional karaoke songs! ;)

2 hours ago, wiebley said:

So in all those 'patches' you listed... there was no actual new playable functionality?

I think you will be lucky to get a new shop with nothing to buy in it and some additional karaoke songs! ;)

I would rather have them fix the last bugs before the role out some new content, and like i said before, new karaoke songs have been added already. There is no need to stir the pot and try looking for an argument, lets all just wait out and see what happens ;)

• ver.1.22474487139 1

Yaall expecting too much they said a module per YEAR lol thats ridiculous it took them how many years to make town square and it's dog shit...I really had hopes for this game but at this point their arma 3 asylum life is and will be the end of this company

• ver.1.22474487139 2

On 1/10/2019 at 2:24 PM, wiebley said:

They enabled alcohol consumption, and marijuana effect, not much but it's something. Also, in case you haven't seen the new dev blog (#22), there is a couple of planned features that will be coming up later on.

The Town Square Roadmap

• - Guns, guns, guns! The shooting range in the basement of the police station will be opening up, giving you access to a few guns to try out (like the one pictured here).
    This will give you a taste of how guns will work and feel. We'll show you how awesome the gun systems are with a video when we come closer to this release.
  • - TVs in apartments. You'll soon be able to watch YouTube and Twitch with your friends in your apartment by using TVs.
  • - Radios in apartments. Select from a dozen radio channels to stream into your apartments. In the full game, the available radio channels are chosen by the server operators.
  • - Improvements to the control and animation of players. We'll be polishing up the way players move to make everything feel smoother.
  • - Added security and ownership systems for apartments, allowing you to assign roommates and more.
  • - Lots of added clothing and character customization options.

In addition to the features above coming to the Town Square, we're also pondering work/job elements that can be brought into the Town Square as we'd like to introduce currency.

On 1/11/2019 at 12:27 AM, Shaknown95 said:

Yaall expecting too much they said a module per YEAR lol thats ridiculous it took them how many years to make town square and it's dog shit...I really had hopes for this game but at this point their arma 3 asylum life is and will be the end of this company

you just not informed correctly, they re made TS 3 times, fired and hired new people because the quality of the game was not on point , thats one reason why they had to restart ts.

On 1/10/2019 at 2:24 PM, wiebley said:

there were a few new "playable" functions, more coming soon. you can also use some shops to buy things, so i dont really get your point here. 

Anyone who tries to defend this _______ (i dont even know what to call it) is clearly in denial. I've bought a lot of games in my time and never have I felt like i've wasted my money like I do with this one. 

On 1/12/2019 at 4:13 PM, LordBenji said:

They enabled alcohol consumption, and marijuana effect, not much but it's something. Also, in case you haven't seen the new dev blog (#22), there is a couple of planned features that will be coming up later on.

The Town Square Roadmap

• - Guns, guns, guns! The shooting range in the basement of the police station will be opening up, giving you access to a few guns to try out (like the one pictured here).
    This will give you a taste of how guns will work and feel. We'll show you how awesome the gun systems are with a video when we come closer to this release.
  • - TVs in apartments. You'll soon be able to watch YouTube and Twitch with your friends in your apartment by using TVs.
  • - Radios in apartments. Select from a dozen radio channels to stream into your apartments. In the full game, the available radio channels are chosen by the server operators.
  • - Improvements to the control and animation of players. We'll be polishing up the way players move to make everything feel smoother.
  • - Added security and ownership systems for apartments, allowing you to assign roommates and more.
  • - Lots of added clothing and character customization options.

In addition to the features above coming to the Town Square, we're also pondering work/job elements that can be brought into the Town Square as we'd like to introduce currency.

And the heroin, can't forget the heroin! xD :D

4 hours ago, Shaknown95 said:

Anyone who tries to defend this _______ (i dont even know what to call it) is clearly in denial. I've bought a lot of games in my time and never have I felt like i've wasted my money like I do with this one. 

Apparently you've never played CoD WWII. Lmao Now THAT was a waste of money.

Edited by iStreamOnline

On 1/17/2019 at 4:30 PM, iStreamOnline said:

And the heroin, can't forget the heroin! xD :D

Apparently you've never played CoD WWII. Lmao Now THAT was a waste of money.

I mean.....WWII was playable lol. And had more than 2 players online in the entire game.

Edited by Shaknown95
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

2 hours ago, Shaknown95 said:

I mean.....WWII was playable lol. And had more than 2 players online in the entire game.

Okay :)

Let be honest, the game is dead... does anyone know of anything like this that has a hope of release? Or are we all just going to have to wait for GTA VI?

Realistically, IF and thats a very big IF, this game does come to Fruition, it will likely be a full game realease around 2021-2022...By that time, this game which already looks dated, will look like Goldeneye 64 looks to us right now - which in its time, was great, but in todays market, looks like a piece of shit. 

by 2022, there will be so many other better games developed by capable developers, perhaps time to start looking at following those titles rather than this dead horse turd of a fuckup?

Besides, with that player average and almost nobody supporting Identity, there's not gonna be any extra income. So it will be up to the dev team to whether this should continue or not.