Sign in to follow this  
CommunistRationalist

Rip me I was gone and missed the release

3 hours ago, CommunistRationalist said:

Well I am downloading it right now. Are there many players on?

It’s the holidays, there are people on, and more will be on after the holidays. 

2 hours ago, Shaknown95 said:

None lol game is shit

First Module = Social Module... You should know it is a small part of the game and also it is still in development. 

There are 16 people playing this game according to steam charts with an average of 25. So no not that many

• ver.1.22474487139 1

Just now, Church said:

There are 16 people playing this game according to steam charts with an average of 25. So no not that many

Still doesn't mean anything. That's actually expected with very little to do. That number will rise greatly when more content is released. 

1 minute ago, iStreamOnline said:

Still doesn't mean anything. That's actually expected with very little to do. That number will rise greatly when more content is released. 

Its been a little over a month since the release and theres only 16 people playing. Drag that out to a year and you think people will flock back in troves to play the next tiny module for another year? 

I'm not saying they wont, I'm just saying that $30 gets you access to an empty town square with 16 people scattered across the servers globally and a hope that in a year the dev team will meet a deadline for the first time and release more content. 

Just now, Church said:

Its been a little over a month since the release and theres only 16 people playing. Drag that out to a year and you think people will flock back in troves to play the next tiny module for another year? 

I'm not saying they wont, I'm just saying that $30 gets you access to an empty town square with 16 people scattered across the servers globally and a hope that in a year the dev team will meet a deadline for the first time and release more content. 

Your first misconception; Thinking it's going to take a year for content to be released when in fact it's speculated the next module will take about a year. We will see more things to do, granted it won't be a ton of things, but tattoos, barber, shooting range are expected to release when the Town Square is stable by dev standards and most bugs worked out which they've been dealing with a lot since release, as you've seen. From then till now is a huge difference, that can't be denied. 

Severs hold about 30-50 people, when that server caps, another starts up. Those people aren't scattered throughout multiple servers as that would be a huge waste on resources on Steam's part.

7 minutes ago, iStreamOnline said:

Your first misconception; Thinking it's going to take a year for content to be released when in fact it's speculated the next module will take about a year. We will see more things to do, granted it won't be a ton of things, but tattoos, barber, shooting range are expected to release when the Town Square is stable by dev standards and most bugs worked out which they've been dealing with a lot since release, as you've seen. From then till now is a huge difference, that can't be denied. 

Severs hold about 30-50 people, when that server caps, another starts up. Those people aren't scattered throughout multiple servers as that would be a huge waste on resources on Steam's part.

You know Steam doesn't host servers right? They provide documentation to add Steamworks to a game but they don't do any hosting. So yes, they are scattered somewhat.

And the things that have already been advertised as content yet aren't there? Where is the build of the game in the videos they're continuing to use as advertisements? Where's that gameplay? Oh right it doesn't exist. They're lying and I don't understand how you can defend this game purely on potential

Edited by Church

1 minute ago, Church said:

You know Steam doesn't host servers right? They provide documentation to add Steamworks to a game but they don't do any hosting. So yes, they are scattered somewhat.

And the things that have already been advertised as content yet aren't there? Where is the build of the game in the videos they're continuing to use as advertisements? Where's that gameplay? Oh right it doesn't exist. They're lying and I don't understand how you can defend this game purely on potential

I choose to defend it because it's my choice to. You don't have to agree with me, I'm letting you know what they plan on doing. They've rebuilt it multiple times so of course it's not going to be exact. Gameplay shows potential, the eventual modifications to the apartment will eventually get there. I mean, no one is holding you here, if you don't see any potential in this game, or see it becoming the full game they plan on it being, why are you here? Why are you hating on anyone choosing to defend it? Why do people have to think what you think? We're defending it because you come here and hate on it, the people here, and anyone who has a positive opinion on it, we don't seek you out, you came here and are choosing to stay. If you've kickstarted the game and are mad you can't get a refund, that's tough, you should know what you're signing up for when you kickstart a product that hasn't been released yet. They said they'd release a social town square module, and that's exactly what they did.Take it or leave it, mate, complaints don't go very far, constructive criticism does.

8 hours ago, Church said:

There's just a few things meant to be in Town Square that aren't available yet, like the option to watch TV for example. Also some of those builds you've seen (like in the crime video) are developer builds specially made for the video. Town Square is meant to be a social module from the very beginning, and I knew that from the first day I've learned about Identity, back in Q4 of 2016.