disembodied

A Few Questions that have been on my mind

Question

I have 3 questions that I was  hoping you could help me with;

1) If I would like to buy a larger apartment, would I still pay full price or have my current apartment's cost deducted?

EG; One Bedroom to a Two bedroom - Two bedroom = $200

Is it still $200 or would I only pay $100?

2) As Identity expands beyond Town Square into the world, how complex will our interactions be with that world, specifically related to weather?

I'm a huge fan of Extreme Weather and Stormchasing, so I  would love to see Thunderstorms or Tornadoes on the plains and other types of occurrences like that sweep across the landscape!

3) And if there is weather like this, would the damage they cause to the world be only temporary or would it be constantly there until it's repaired?

EG; Telephone/Power Lines are downed in a storm and make a road impassable to normal traffic, temporarily cutting off normal traffic along that road until Utility Crews or Players themselves clear and repair the damage?

4) Will our vehicles be able to be customized/upgraded and how will they react to the environment?

EG; Would I be able to eventually go Off-Roading and modify my vehicle with better equipment for such an activity?

And when I'm tired of getting my vehicle all muddy and dirty/dinged up, could I take it back to my garage or into a Town with a Car Wash or Auto Body to clean the mud off and fix it up?

5) Will we eventually be able to have our own maps of the world like the one on the wall in the Police Station's Lobby?

6) You mentioned that eventually there would be houses, and that these would be a limited aspect as opposed to our Apartments.

Therefore, would we only be able to purchase houses with money we have earned through work in-game?

Or would anyone just be able to Sign In, put money in their account via Paypal and buy a house like that? 

I hope you can clear some of these up for Me, thanks!

7 answers to this question

1 hour ago, disembodied said:

1) If I would like to buy a larger apartment, would I still pay full price or have my current apartment's cost deducted?

You'll have to pay full price, since you buy each apartments separately and it's not an upgrade from one tier to another.

2) As Identity expands beyond Town Square into the world, how complex will our interactions be with that world, specifically related to weather?

I'm a huge fan of Extreme Weather and Stormchasing, so I  would love to see Thunderstorms or Tornadoes on the plains and other types of occurrences like that sweep across the landscape!

The plan is that when you come up to something, if you think you should be able to interact with it, it's likely going to be interactive (but not everything). As for weather, there won't be anything special. There will be rain that's for sure, but no random events caused by weather.

3) And if there is weather like this, would the damage they cause to the world be only temporary or would it be constantly there until it's repaired?

EG; Telephone/Power Lines are downed in a storm and make a road impassable to normal traffic, temporarily cutting off normal traffic along that road until Utility Crews or Players themselves clear and repair the damage?

N/A

4) Will our vehicles be able to be customized/upgraded and how will they react to the environment?

EG; Would I be able to eventually go Off-Roading and modify my vehicle with better equipment for such an activity?

And when I'm tired of getting my vehicle all muddy and dirty/dinged up, could I take it back to my garage or into a Town with a Car Wash or Auto Body to clean the mud off and fix it up?

Of course you'll be able to customize your vehicles. The type of vehicles and tires installed will affect the performance on various environments.
Car wash is one of the things that'll be added later on after the full release.

5) Will we eventually be able to have our own maps of the world like the one on the wall in the Police Station's Lobby?

Will have to ask for that one. There's really not much info about the map. But the one in the police department is outdated.

6) You mentioned that eventually there would be houses, and that these would be a limited aspect as opposed to our Apartments.

Therefore, would we only be able to purchase houses with money we have earned through work in-game?

Or would anyone just be able to Sign In, put money in their account via Paypal and buy a house like that? 

Houses are unique and has to be purchased with in-game money. I know you haven't asked, but pledge apartments are special and can only be obtained from the website. There will be similar layouts in the game that you can buy with in-game money though.

• ver.1.22474487139 1

43 minutes ago, disembodied said:

I have 3 questions that I was  hoping you could help me with;

I hope you can clear some of these up for Me, thanks!

Upgrading from Package to package I believe gives you a discount, that may need clarifying. Weather will be in game but not to the extreme you're thinking. With things like "power lines being down" or "Roads becoming impassable" could turn players off of the game, or you could run into the issue of not enough players to repair issues like that, with the amount of people online (Servers will hold ~300-500). Private servers could have these, depending on the server developer. 
Vehicles will be repairable and fixable, also will be insured as well as car washes around the map.
So far you can only purchase apartments, as for how to acquire them, they may add them to the shop later when that comes available, but the prices for the houses will more than likely be very expensive in terms of IRL money (Just look at how much the penthouse costs).

Just now, disembodied said:

Thank You so much for the swift replies!

This kind of support is what makes me love this game so much more! :D

Always happy to help :D

12 hours ago, UhnotherGamer said:

as for how to acquire them, they may add them to the shop later when that comes available, but the prices for the houses will more than likely be very expensive in terms of IRL money (Just look at how much the penthouse costs).

Houses are unique and will only bought with in game currency. Apartments are the only things available on the shop page.

• ver.1.22474487139 1

1 hour ago, LuckyDuck said:

Houses are unique and will only bought with in game currency. Apartments are the only things available on the shop page.

👍🏻

6 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

That's good to know. Actually happy houses will be limited, to an extent.