Preston_bodhi_343

Still can't make a character or login

Okay the town square has been out for two weeks and i still can't even get past the first screen.

I get to the character screen where my dude stands and nothing happens at all. No menu comes up, no option to make a character or to be able to play and login.

All I want to know is why the hell I can't get past a simple character creation screen and into the game like everyone else can, I've waited my fair share of time like everyone else and despite all of these problems supposedly being fixed it isn't. I've already uninstalled and reinstalled and I'm not doing that again.

Can someone please for the love of God just give me an answer and an estimation of when this will finally be fixed?

I apologise for being hot headed but it's two weeks and several things have been fixed so why hasn't this?

1 minute ago, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

Okay the town square has been out for two weeks and i still can't even get past the first screen.

I get to the character screen where my dude stands and nothing happens at all. No menu comes up, no option to make a character or to be able to play and login.

All I want to know is why the hell I can't get past a simple character creation screen and into the game like everyone else can, I've waited my fair share of time like everyone else and despite all of these problems supposedly being fixed it isn't. I've already uninstalled and reinstalled and I'm not doing that again.

Can someone please for the love of God just give me an answer and an estimation of when this will finally be fixed?

I apologise for being hot headed but it's two weeks and several things have been fixed so why hasn't this?

When you uninstalled the Town Square, did you delete the folder in steamapps, or just Uninstall through steam?

Just now, UhnotherGamer said:

When you uninstalled the Town Square, did you delete the folder in steamapps, or just Uninstall through steam?

Through steam.

2 minutes ago, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

Through steam.

Instead, go to Steamapps -- Common - Town Square - And delete the whole folder.
Then Open Steam, make sure its not in your library, if so, right click, uninstall, and reinstall
ONLY IF you want to go through reinstalling it again.
It's hard to pin point isolated issues like this one. I know of maybe one other person with this issue, and not even sure if they've resolved it yet either.

Edited by UhnotherGamer
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

Just now, UhnotherGamer said:

Instead, go to Steamapps -- Common - Town Square - And delete the whole folder.
Then Open Steam, make sure its not in your library, if so, right click, uninstall, and reinstall
ONLY IF you want to go through reinstalling it again.
It's hard to pin point isolated issues like this one. I know of maybe one other person with this issue, and not even sure if they've resolved it yet either.

If the method you've just described has even a slight chance of working I'll go through the reinstalling process again. If it doesn't work then I don't have any ideas and if the mods or devs don't tell me of any other methods or solutions then well bugger me. If it does work then thank you for your help

1 minute ago, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

If the method you've just described has even a slight chance of working I'll go through the reinstalling process again. If it doesn't work then I don't have any ideas and if the mods or devs don't tell me of any other methods or solutions then well bugger me. If it does work then thank you for your help

I try :D Good luck! I hope it helps.

• ver.1.22474487139 1

Can you post your hardware specs? (CPU, GPU, RAM)

I'm unsure if it could be related to hardware, and how the module isn't optimized, but I am aware of memory leak issues. Unsure if it could be the cause of the UI not showing up. You may want to try a couple of times. I didn't get any major issues when I ran the game yesterday.

19 minutes ago, LordBenji said:

Can you post your hardware specs? (CPU, GPU, RAM)

I'm unsure if it could be related to hardware, and how the module isn't optimized, but I am aware of memory leak issues. Unsure if it could be the cause of the UI not showing up. You may want to try a couple of times. I didn't get any major issues when I ran the game yesterday.

CPU is AMD A6-7310 with AMD Radeon r4 graphics card

RAM is 4gb

Edit: I can run GTA V and Arma III on minimum requirements if that helps 
Edited by Preston_bodhi_343

1 hour ago, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

RAM is 4gb

You need to upgrade man your pc ma

2 hours ago, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

RAM is 4gb

There is a memory leak that's top priority on being fixed. It drains your RAM. 4GB is not a lot, and I'm surprised your PC hasn't brunt up playing GTA V. I would upgrade but that is a huge possibility why you aren't getting further then the title screen pretty much.

• ver.1.22474487139 1

6 hours ago, UhnotherGamer said:

There is a memory leak that's top priority on being fixed. It drains your RAM. 4GB is not a lot, and I'm surprised your PC hasn't brunt up playing GTA V. I would upgrade but that is a huge possibility why you aren't getting further then the title screen pretty much.

I am eventually looking at getting a high end gaming rig but it'll cost me about 1.3k.

As for gta I don't actually have it but I used system requirements lab to tell me if I can run GTA and Arma III on minimum requirements and I can. Once the memory leak is fixed that might be enough but if not then I'll just happily wait until I get a way better setup, thanks for the all the help anyway people.

10 minutes ago, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

I am eventually looking at getting a high end gaming rig but it'll cost me about 1.3k.

As for gta I don't actually have it but I used system requirements lab to tell me if I can run GTA and Arma III on minimum requirements and I can. Once the memory leak is fixed that might be enough but if not then I'll just happily wait until I get a way better setup, thanks for the all the help anyway people.

Your systems falls well below an other CPU in comparison to nowadays. It's WELL below an i5 and even below some i3 systems. Using that minimum requirements lab to determine if your system can handle a game isn't that accurate without actually going in game and trying to run it. You may be able to start it, but playing it for a period of time is different. 

Your Radeon R4 tells me you're probably on a laptop in which case you will more than likely need to upgrade. 

I have 16GB of RAM, the memory leak takes 7.4GB then climbs to ~8.3GB, your 4GB won't be enough to handle a memory leak like that, people with 8GB are having issues with running the Module.

Edited by UhnotherGamer
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

1 hour ago, UhnotherGamer said:

Your systems falls well below an other CPU in comparison to nowadays. It's WELL below an i5 and even below some i3 systems. Using that minimum requirements lab to determine if your system can handle a game isn't that accurate without actually going in game and trying to run it. You may be able to start it, but playing it for a period of time is different. 

Your Radeon R4 tells me you're probably on a laptop in which case you will more than likely need to upgrade. 

I have 16GB of RAM, the memory leak takes 7.4GB then climbs to ~8.3GB, your 4GB won't be enough to handle a memory leak like that, people with 8GB are having issues with running the Module.

Well I can only thank everyone for their input and apologise for getting hot headed but I didn't realise it wasn't a straightforward as if you meet minimum requirements for a game then you're sorted. My laptop isn't actually that old and was only purchase about a year and a half to two years ago but it isn't a gaming laptop and of course can only handle small scale games

Just now, Preston_bodhi_343 said:

Well I can only thank everyone for their input and apologise for getting hot headed but I didn't realise it wasn't a straightforward as if you meet minimum requirements for a game then you're sorted. My laptop isn't actually that old and was only purchase about a year and a half to two years ago but it isn't a gaming laptop and of course can only handle small scale games

Well don't rule it *completely* out just yet. The Town Square module does have the memory leak and has not yet been optimized so there may be hope and you may not have to upgrade just yet. If you do happen to get in game, try lowering the GFX settings as well as that should help a ton. The TS is very detailed.

• ver.1.22474487139 1