Sign in to follow this  
mrmccheesie

Town Square isn't what people are portraying it as.

Town Square isn't even as bad as I was expecting. In fact it was exactly what I was expecting for the past year or so. Because I was on holiday the day it released I only got the opportunity to play the game yesterday, I heard from a lot of Youtubers that the game was garbage due to it crashing and the amount of bugs it had and the lack of content, but I have been playing the game for a few hours now, and haven't experienced a single bug besides from a few objects not placing properly in my apartment. This is probably because they have fixed most of the major bugs by now, but still it is a lot better than some are making it out to be. I was incredibly impressed with the amount of clothes you can choose from as well as how much you can customize your apartment. As long as the devs frequently update Town Square, and add new content in the game until the upcoming release of the next module, I will be impressed and satisfied with my purchase.

Good work Devs! It's hard to rate a game which is no where near being finished so I'll give it an even 5/10.

• Like 3
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

5 minutes ago, mrmccheesie said:

Town Square isn't even as bad as I was expecting. In fact it was exactly what I was expecting for the past year or so. Because I was on holiday the day it released I only got the opportunity to play the game yesterday, I heard from a lot of Youtubers that the game was garbage due to it crashing and the amount of bugs it had and the lack of content, but I have been playing the game for a few hours now, and haven't experienced a single bug besides from a few objects not placing properly in my apartment. This is probably because they have fixed most of the major bugs by now, but still it is a lot better than some are making it out to be. I was incredibly impressed with the amount of clothes you can choose from as well as how much you can customize your apartment. As long as the devs frequently update Town Square, and add new content in the game until the upcoming release of the next module, I will be impressed and satisfied with my purchase.

Good work Devs! It's hard to rate a game which is no where near being finished so I'll give it an even 5/10.

They have been super busy rolling out constant updates. And if you want to stay up to date with what's in the updates, or what they're looking to work on next, head over to the official Identity Discord Here and the people are always happy to answer any questions or help out in any way they can.

Edited by UhnotherGamer

Bruh, the voice chat is so buggy that it doesn't work 99% of the time, or I am the only one who knows how to speak in the game.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, MariusG69 said:

Bruh, the voice chat is so buggy that it doesn't work 99% of the time, or I am the only one who knows how to speak in the game.

A lot of people choose not to speak. Some issues for VOIP are still being fine tuned. 
Send a report here:

Edited by UhnotherGamer

13 hours ago, mrmccheesie said:

Peoples couldn't even play for nearly two weeks since update to begin with, glitching trough objects, apartments doesn't work, elevator was absolutely bugged, game and ui jamming every minute, cinema wasn't working (maybe its still a thing but i didn't try it) painting is broken as hell, just from the top of my head and yesterday I downloaded 11gb update (size of whole module) just to get 13gb update right after that I not even bothering to finish because there is nothing to do in game,  downloading update would take more time than i spend in game.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Masa said:

Peoples couldn't even play for nearly two weeks since update to begin with, glitching trough objects, apartments doesn't work, elevator was absolutely bugged, game and ui jamming every minute, cinema wasn't working (maybe its still a thing but i didn't try it) painting is broken as hell, just from the top of my head and yesterday I downloaded 11gb update (size of whole module) just to get 13gb update right after that I not even bothering to finish because there is nothing to do in game,  downloading update would take more time than i spend in game.

Apartment furniture is fixed, some bugs like lamps don't plug in right away, Glitching through buildings has been patched for the most part, elevator is a lot better, UI is more stable, cinema is more stable, sometimes a black screen, most time it's playing movies. Painting is buggy still but works. Part of the alpha is working out the kinks, it's been getting a lot better i assure you. The past few updates had to be rolled back, that's why there was so many in that day. 

17 hours ago, mrmccheesie said:

Well since u were gone u kind of missed al the problems haha, they have been pushing out updates very well and alot of bugs are already fixed and the game is pretty proper playable right now. it's still got some bugs and glitches but they are still fixing stuff. Be happy u missed the buggy launch and enjoy the game now ; D 

12 hours ago, UhnotherGamer said:

Apartment furniture is fixed, some bugs like lamps don't plug in right away, Glitching through buildings has been patched for the most part, elevator is a lot better, UI is more stable, cinema is more stable, sometimes a black screen, most time it's playing movies. Painting is buggy still but works. Part of the alpha is working out the kinks, it's been getting a lot better i assure you. The past few updates had to be rolled back, that's why there was so many in that day. 

No furniture aren't fixed, u can't use any of them, which is absurd because u can use same ones in the lobby, tv doesn't work either, and as far as I'm aware u can't hang them on the walls (clocks, keys etc) Basically from trailer we have seen nothing works yet, and big chunk of features shown on housing trailer isn't even implemented.

Glitching through walls maybe is fixed but u can still glitch in any table / chair / sofa.

Elevator is broken as hell, every time there is one or more players with u in it it won't take u to your apartment but someone else, players appearing and disappearing all the time, camera turning around once u get to lobby etc.

UI just lagging once u open new "tab" whatever it is inventory or pause menu, flickering on game start etc. Not ro mention it looks like some default theme from Windows 98 coloured on green, game itself jamming too, once per few minutes there is like 3sec lag spike / sudden performance drop.

Idk which game u play but painting isn't working for me at all, once i want to paint canvas my brush not showing up, retry few times, manage to paint something than want to switch colours and brush disappearing again once i trying to change size or colour everything vanishing from canvas, wasn't able to paint literally anything.

Can agree they fixed few small things but its still far from playable and very very far from any entertaining experience or even any gameplay, basically u can just login, switch some clothes, run around and log off.

16 minutes ago, Masa said:

No furniture aren't fixed, u can't use any of them, which is absurd because u can use same ones in the lobby, tv doesn't work either, and as far as I'm aware u can't hang them on the walls (clocks, keys etc) Basically from trailer we have seen nothing works yet, and big chunk of features shown on housing trailer isn't even implemented.

Glitching through walls maybe is fixed but u can still glitch in any table / chair / sofa.

Elevator is broken as hell, every time there is one or more players with u in it it won't take u to your apartment but someone else, players appearing and disappearing all the time, camera turning around once u get to lobby etc.

UI just lagging once u open new "tab" whatever it is inventory or pause menu, flickering on game start etc. Not ro mention it looks like some default theme from Windows 98 coloured on green, game itself jamming too, once per few minutes there is like 3sec lag spike / sudden performance drop.

Idk which game u play but painting isn't working for me at all, once i want to paint canvas my brush not showing up, retry few times, manage to paint something than want to switch colours and brush disappearing again once i trying to change size or colour everything vanishing from canvas, wasn't able to paint literally anything.

Can agree they fixed few small things but its still far from playable and very very far from any entertaining experience or even any gameplay, basically u can just login, switch some clothes, run around and log off.

With these recent patches I;ve never had an issue getting to my apartment and I've been in the elevator with multiple people.
TV's can be mounted to walls as well as other objects: https://imgur.com/a/DgAGDsZ
I guess wait for more patches to drop if you're this upset. Not much else to do besides wait for the devs to fix the issues, and you can also report issues and glitches as well so they can be attended to.

• Like 1

On 12/13/2018 at 11:42 PM, mrmccheesie said:

As long as the devs frequently update Town Square, and add new content in the game until the upcoming release of the next module, I will be impressed and satisfied with my purchase.

Why? 
Why is it important for people to keep receiving content in a PRE-ALPHA MODULE of a game? Wouldn't you rather have the devs actually focus on completing the other modules in a timely manner?

51 minutes ago, iiMStevo said:

Why? 
Why is it important for people to keep receiving content in a PRE-ALPHA MODULE of a game? Wouldn't you rather have the devs actually focus on completing the other modules in a timely manner?

Them adding the extra things in the module is basically adding things which will be in the full game. Beta will contain all the 3 modules contents and more. Also some of the things they are going to add to the Town Square will also be featured in the next module. e.g. the Bank will be featured in one of the maps of Cops VS robbers game play.