BraydenSlayer

Why is Identity taking up 40GB on my SSD and I'm currently downloading a 13GB update?

Question

As of 9:010 PM EST, I am wondering why this is an issue. I spoke to LordFluffly (a moderator on the discord) and he had no clue why this is happening. 

6 answers to this question

Go the the game’s files>IdentityGame>Saved>Crashes and delete everything in there. Idk why but that folder just gets flooded with logs that take a LOT of space. That might help. Tell me if that helps

1 hour ago, LightBringer said:

Go the the game’s files>IdentityGame>Saved>Crashes and delete everything in there. Idk why but that folder just gets flooded with logs that take a LOT of space. That might help. Tell me if that helps

I'm not too sure that will do anything...looking that those files combined is only about 12.5MB
Looking at the "Identity Town Square" folder in steamapps - common is only 15.7GB

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Lonny said:

I'm having the same issue, the crashes folder is only 2MB for me

59ISBH1BIeajohY.png

That's INSANE.
My recommendation and also to test if it happens again, an since the updates from today were pointless to a point:
In common folder, delete Identity Town Square, make sure its uninstalled in steam then re-download it -- Fresh, that might correct the file size issue.

All-in-all it's hard to pin-point what causes issues like that.

yeah, I too am wondering why every second day there is an update the size of the entire module. like 13 GB update for simple patches and hotfixes is ridiculous, I am on a data limit and if this happens every 2 days i'll either never be able to play or i'll run out of internet by the second week. i have another 13.6 GB update today and once again do not see the point in needing a download the size of the entire module