SkinnierSteve

If dead bodies disappear, how will you investigate murders?

Like, let's say a murderer shoots a player, and the body de-spawns before the cops can get to it, how will they gather evidence if the criminal didn't drop the murder weapon, but took it with him?

2 hours ago, lickthecloth said:

The officer in question could ask the player upon their respawning, but that would be breaking RP :P

Then why would you suggest it ? That breaks the rules of NLR because if someone dies, they cant speak to the living as the person who died. 

2 hours ago, SkinnierSteve said:

Like, let's say a murderer shoots a player, and the body de-spawns before the cops can get to it, how will they gather evidence if the criminal didn't drop the murder weapon, but took it with him?

I think that they will have it on a timer for the body to de-spawn and well if the cops dont get to it in time then there would be nothing else they could do... but maybe the timer will reset when the police get to the body and also extend a little.

Lol you clearly can't take a joke.  We'll probably end up talking to the players on respawn anyway.  It'll be too tempting not too.

I say there's more evidence. The blood, prints, there's a lot of other stuff, people who saw it could report it, etc.

EDIT: Witnesses was the word! xD

Edited by green_mau
  • Like 1

I hope so, because the crime scene must have evidence for the police, otherwise criminals can get away with murder far too easily.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lickthecloth said:

Lol you clearly can't take a joke.  We'll probably end up talking to the players on respawn anyway.  It'll be too tempting not too.

Well if you talk to the player after he respawns then you need to stay on a casual rp server because that will be the level of rp you do.

• Like 1

That'll be a decision to be made when the game actually gets closer to done.  Where's the info about servers?  How will they be differentiated?

Maybe once a player dies and chooses to respawn, he will be automatically moved to another server without knowledge of that happening in order to resist the FailRP?

A similar post has already been answered hope this helps :)

This is subject to change, but as it stands right now there are a couple things to be considered here.

First, some crimes are automatically charged against you. This is necessary to keep people in check and help avoid the game becoming a big killing ground. That said, there is a threshold for certain crimes (each crime has a severity rating) which will not be automatically charged. In this case, someone who witnesses it literally has to contact 911 and will have the option to report the crime. Once reported, that person becomes wanted.

Now you mention that the police would be notified, but in this case even with a murder they would not be notified, you'd simply become wanted for a murder (which is a pretty serious matter). If a witness makes a report to 911 the police WOULD be notified.

There are some cases where killing someone has less of a severity in which case it would need to be reported, such as if you've killed someone in a rival gang or if the game determines a kill was likely in self-defense.

• Like 2

On 2016-05-01 at 7:05 PM, lickthecloth said:

We'll probably end up talking to the players on respawn anyway.  It'll be too tempting not too.

or they could implement that you need the evidence to actually be able to win in court, or have a right to kill that person.

A lot of rdm would happen if that isn't the case.

Or......as an alternative, you could allow the victim BE the crime scene. Officers could ask the victim a given number of questions such as time of death etc based on information that they would normally SEE, and as long as the victim (and officers) does not metagame then that would work.

From what the devs have said, the detective career will be very thorough. Although the body may disappear, other evidence will be left behind possible like blood, fingerprints, weapons used and so on. Of course at the stage that the game is in now we wont know until later but i believe that is how crime scenes will work. 

• Like 1

if i've read it right the dev's wrote that things like murder will be auto detected. you'll permanently stay marked as murderer on every official server

On 20/07/2016 at 1:18 AM, Shimozukachi said:

if i've read it right the dev's wrote that things like murder will be auto detected. you'll permanently stay marked as murderer on every official server

What like on GTA? Where's the realism in that?

• Like 1

I liked it in island life where people could be put onto the wanted list manually. I think that the crime would need witnesses to be able to be known of. This will mean there is more to do and makes it more immersive. It will require more brains from criminals to successfully pull of their operation without being caught. 

Well isn't this game real life? well here in real life once we kill someone nobody knows, and that's how Identity should be. IT will be up to the detective AND the detective ONLY to find the supposed murderer and question whether if he or she did the murder. Be a good detective and their wont be any RDM! their you go topic solved 

@lickthecloth @Herzog @Kickapoo @Shimozukachi @JamesLuck01 

Edited by Luca_Santarelli
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Luca_Santarelli said:

Well isn't this game real life? well here in real life once we kill someone nobody knows, and that's how Identity should be. IT will be up to the detective AND the detective ONLY to find the supposed murderer and question whether if he or she did the murder. Be a good detective and their wont be any RDM! their you go topic solved 

@lickthecloth @Herzog @Kickapoo @Shimozukachi @JamesLuck01 

It would make murdering somebody and getting away with it rather easy though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kickapoo said:

then get good detectives 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luca_Santarelli said:
2 hours ago, Kickapoo said:

then get good detectives 

welp, either that or the other way i'll be an ingame detective. i hope @Kickapoo doesn't fuck it up with too many familys xD

7 minutes ago, Shimozukachi said:

welp, either that or the other way i'll be an ingame detective. i hope @Kickapoo doesn't fuck it up with too many familys xD

Honestly I will never try to kill anybody in game. Shoot unless shot at xD

11 minutes ago, Luca_Santarelli said:

Honestly I will never try to kill anybody in game. Shoot unless shot at xD

nice. one more roleplaying user :D

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Shimozukachi said:

What?

8 minutes ago, Kickapoo said:

What?

because you're that great in having "peaceful" conversations someone will someday "accidently" pull the trigger

On 5/23/2016 at 1:55 AM, zXDroNEXz said:

Maybe once a player dies and chooses to respawn, he will be automatically moved to another server without knowledge of that happening in order to resist the FailRP?

But what if you have a house/building on the server and you lose it during the transfer,or have friends on the server.this will never be implemented