Sign in to follow this  
Frank

My opinion on the town square

As someone who was waiting on the townsquare since the beginning, I would like to offer a fair and unbiased opinion. Now best in mind this is not an attack on the devs or anyone else, just a mention of issues ect that I think should be addressed.

First I will start with what I like. 

-Textures are fantastic, and overall graphics (particularly the apartments and furniture) are high quality. 

-Lag issues for me seem to have been fixed the last two days.

-Kareoke is cool and the sound amplification sounds great. 

-Clothing options are pretty decent considering it's just launch and they will add more down the road.

-Emote animations for the most part look good. 

-Facial feature customization is pretty good, characters faces look quite different from each other. 

-Clothing models are detailed and look good.

-I like the smoking in the game, and how the cigarette stays in your mouth and has smoke. 

-Music choices in the town square are good imo.

-Big space and reasonable player count. 

Negatives and bugs:

-I cannot out certain prop furniture such as clocks on the wall. 

-I cannot put decorative items on top of things such as tables, It only lets me put them on existing counters and the floor.

-It seems like the electrical plug system is not working because I do not have any option to plug in my lamp or tv even though it says I need to connect it to an outlet. I tried putting a lamp right next to the outlet and rotated it, so distance isn't the issue.

-The voice communication is not very functional, players cannot seem to hear each other all the time.

-My 150 dollar pledge 1 bedroom apartment is not available. (I read somewhere that correct pledge apartments are being worked on.)

-The food system is busted, you can order food but it doesn't let you consume it. Not even in the restaurant where it goes on the table.

-I can't seem to activate the painting even though I set up my canvas and easle in my apartment.

-My character that I spent customizing and getting items for doesn't let me load in, I have to make a new secondary character in order to load into a server.

Complaints/wishes

-Many businesses and features that I expected to be in the town square are not yet available. (Barber, books, ect.) The lack of hair options makes the barber situation tougher.

-There doesn't seem to be any radios to put in your apartment, or ability to sit down on chairs in my apartment. I wish these were implemented so that I can atleast rp a little more in my apartment with other players.

There's other issues, but I won't mention them because I know the dev team is small and I'll cut them some slack there. I've been supporting this project for a long time and I will continue to. Right now the town square isn't really all that playable, and a bit boring. (And I'm the type of guy who's into passive RP and just enjoying minor details.) However, I hope that this game continues to evolve and eventually become what it promises to be, and I will continue to stick with it. It has alot of potential.

• Like 3
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

19 hours ago, Frank said:

-I cannot put decorative items on top of things such as tables, It only lets me put them on existing counters and the floor.

It depends on the item you are placing things over. I was able to put stuff on a table I bought. Need to be fixed nonetheless.

-It seems like the electrical plug system is not working because I do not have any option to plug in my lamp or tv even though it says I need to connect it to an outlet. I tried putting a lamp right next to the outlet and rotated it, so distance isn't the issue.

I had no trouble using the electrical plug. Actually i didn't know that feature was there. I only wish the cables were longer, cause there are only a few sockets in the apartment.

-I can't seem to activate the painting even though I set up my canvas and easle in my apartment.

That is bugged as hell... I was able to paint, but only if you pick a very large brush and put your cursor right next to the canvas, but not over it. As soon as you "touch" the canvas, the brush will freeze. In other words, you can only paint around the canvas.

-My character that I spent customizing and getting items for doesn't let me load in, I have to make a new secondary character in order to load into a server.

Maybe delete that character? Probably the database issues they were having caused this. I have some items in my inventory that I can't delete, it's probably related.

Edited by Sorvete

7 hours ago, Sorvete said:

It depends on the item you are placing things over. I was able to put stuff on a table I bought. Need to be fixed nonetheless.

I had no trouble using the electrical plug. Actually i didn't know that feature was there. I only wish the cables were longer, cause there are only a few sockets in the apartment.

That is bugged as hell... I was able to paint, but only if you pick a very large brush and put your cursor right next to the canvas, but not over it. As soon as you "touch" the canvas, the brush will freeze. In other words, you can only paint around the canvas.

Maybe delete that character? Probably the database issues they were having caused this. I have some items in my inventory that I can't delete, it's probably related.

You were able to connect the electrical plugs? Do you gotta press anything, because I put the lamp real close to the outlet, moved it around, rotated it and everything and nothing happened or appeared. And I tried to put a bunch of different items on various placed tables and stands; plates, mugs, ashtrays, ect, they didnt seem to work for me.

Edited by Frank

The electrical plug appeared automatically. Now that I think of it, I didn't tested all the outlets in the apartment. I tested the one right under the window on what I think is the bedroom with the twisted lamp (can't remember the name). The cable pops in as soon as you place the lamp and can be turner on or off pressing E when aiming at the lamp.

As for object over surfaces, I was able to put the used ashtray (the one with cigarettes in) on a table (can't remember which one), over the ledge of the pool table and a piece of furniture (buffet something). I was also abe to place the pool cue on the ledge of the pool table.