shocknawe707

What's Next

What's Next? What does development look like going forward over the next year or two? I know we just got Town Square and there isn't a whole lot to do. We knew that was going to be the case but is there hope that they will begin rolling out the other modules sooner rather than later?

3 months? 6 months? I am not nagging, just curious. Clearly there are issues with Town Square and they, in my opinion, made a great effort to get them fixed and put out updates to solidify what they have released. What is the next step, what is Asylum working on now? (I KNOW they are working on Swat and the Racing Module) There is a lot yet to come with this game and curious to see how it develops.

• Like 1

The main focus is to fix the ongoing bugs and issues related to Town Square. Then we'll start adding new content like the shooting range, phone UI, more building interiors. From what I know, some of the art of SWAT module is done, but I don't have much information regarding that module. I know there will be a bank heist map for sure. We don't have any ETA for when it'll release unfortunately.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, LordBenji said:

The main focus is to fix the ongoing bugs and issues related to Town Square. Then we'll start adding new content like the shooting range, phone UI, more building interiors. From what I know, some of the art of SWAT module is done, but I don't have much information regarding that module. I know there will be a bank heist map for sure. We don't have any ETA for when it'll release unfortunately.

How many devs are actually working on the game now? After some people at Asylum left there's a rumor that there are only 3 devs working on the game left.

18 minutes ago, GoldenPancake said:

How many devs are actually working on the game now? After some people at Asylum left there's a rumor that there are only 3 devs working on the game left.

Im curious as well Id love an update because if the rumors are true it may set back things significantly 

For the most part, there's a few programmers on it, and the art side of thing is ahead. As I said, we're focusing on fixing those bugs, which requires programmers for most of it. I don't have any exact numbers though.

52 minutes ago, LordBenji said:

For the most part, there's a few programmers on it, and the art side of thing is ahead. As I said, we're focusing on fixing those bugs, which requires programmers for most of it. I don't have any exact numbers though.

Well, "a few" doesn't sound good.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GoldenPancake said:

Well, "a few" doesn't sound good.

I know, and more programmers would always be good, but I don't know what's John's (Paratus) plan about it.

Not going to lie this game is pretty much trash.  With only 3 or a couple more customizable game options and with graphics way inferier to its time this game is going to fade REAL QUICK.  This is almost like GTA 5 in the first couple week stages but worse especially graphics wise.  Think about this, this is what GTA is trying to be but in blocks but is doing a piss poor job (worse then I thought by far) doing so.  By the time (at this rate 5+ years from now) you create your whole game there will be FARRRRR superior games to this.  TIP: save your money, you can thank me later 

AKA ill stop comparing this to GTA but is the closest game to do so.  GTA was released September 17, 2013 Rockstar is supposed to release GTA 6 soon.  Good riddens Identity...had high hopes for you back in the day

12 hours ago, LordBenji said:

I know, and more programmers would always be good, but I don't know what's John's (Paratus) plan about it.

Are dev blogs will continue? Im curious how devs will communicate with us? Any chance of clear road map what is going to be added with updates? 

Heard dev blogs are deleted so I'm assuming that way of steady information flow is gone? No more streams? Which official channel of asylum will deliver all information about further development and plans?

10 hours ago, Masa said:

Are dev blogs will continue? Im curious how devs will communicate with us? Any chance of clear road map what is going to be added with updates? 

Heard dev blogs are deleted so I'm assuming that way of steady information flow is gone? No more streams? Which official channel of asylum will deliver all information about further development and plans?

I don't have any words on what's going to be upcoming next. As for the dev blogs, we fixed the issue and are here: https://www.identityrpg.com/community/forum/6-dev-blog/