whitehorn

A Positive Note for the People Who Are Upset

20 hours ago, whitehorn said:

Suffice to say that when a person takes the arduous task of knowing themselves, then they will see. And that isn't a riddle. A lot of people don't do it because it is hard work and they fear to face themselves in the mirror. <--- That is a metaphor for seeing their true self.

Either you're going out of your way to obfuscate what you're trying to say, or you're doing it accidentally lol. You're essentially saying "if people would look into themselves, they would agree with me" which is a little arrogant to say the least. 

But wow these forums are sleepy considering the proximity to the release. Where are the rest of the ardent defenders, the ones who excused every misstep? Seems to be getting quieter on that side especially.

1 hour ago, lamona said:

Either you're going out of your way to obfuscate what you're trying to say, or you're doing it accidentally lol. You're essentially saying "if people would look into themselves, they would agree with me" which is a little arrogant to say the least. 

But wow these forums are sleepy considering the proximity to the release. Where are the rest of the ardent defenders, the ones who excused every misstep? Seems to be getting quieter on that side especially.

I'm not really sure if you're trying to paint me in a way that suits your point or tries to make me feel like a bad person. I am not saying that people will agree with me if they look into themselves. I don't need people to agree with me. I'm not trying to obfuscate anything. If they want to find out what I am talking about, I could tell them until I am blue in the face for lack of air, but it's not something that is easily communicated. If it were, the world would be a better place than it is.

BOq3y0zCIAIykww.jpg

Just now, whitehorn said:

If they want to find out what I am talking about, I could tell them until I am blue in the face for lack of air, but it's not something that is easily communicated.

It seems you have a vague interest in philosophy and the like which is great, you've just gotta work on communicating such ideas. If you can't communicate it meaningfully, perhaps don't use it in an argument with somebody.

Just now, whitehorn said:

If it were, the world would be a better place than it is.

This falls under "if people agreed with me/saw what I saw, the world would be better". It's either ignorant (generalizations being thrown around) or arrogant (you actually think you're the arbiter).

9 minutes ago, lamona said:

It seems you have a vague interest in philosophy and the like which is great, you've just gotta work on communicating such ideas. If you can't communicate it meaningfully, perhaps don't use it in an argument with somebody.

This falls under "if people agreed with me/saw what I saw, the world would be better". It's either ignorant (generalizations being thrown around) or arrogant (you actually think you're the arbiter).

Thank you for the advice. Arbiter? It's not my responsibility to deliver anything to anyone. The only "arbiter" of making the world a better place is one's self. Call it ignorant if you like. It's my sincere hope that one day humans will love themselves enough to love other people back, but, in my opinion, that won't happen until people become their own arbiters.

11 hours ago, lamona said:

No child. You must look within yourself. Once you discover the true nature of humanity you will understand Whitehorns arguments. 

"Tis better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all"

People who put money into identity and are not happy with the state of development should have known the risks before hand by doing their own research into kickstarters and early access.  It does not take much effort to find information that will lead you to "this is a risk that you may not be happy with the results". The people who are complaining that they put money in and are negatively talking about identity are actually contradicting their own, because by speaking negatively instead of supportive, they are working against their own money they put in. 

Trying to destroy the game for the future because you are unhappy with the money you spent and did not receive a finished product yet will compromise you ever receiving that finished product.  I am a kickstarter of identity and I will continue to support them in their goal to finish this game because as far as I'm concerned, my investment of money that I donated into the kickstarter is still there being put towards game development and I want the development team to use it and work on the game and finish it.

Know the risks of your money - Do research on the product or idea you are paying into

Weigh the worth - if you are not willing to lose your money, don't gamble or invest with it or only gamble/invest with the amount you are willing to lose

Take responsibility for your own actions - If you have invested money, it is your own free will.  What you do forward may have a negative effect on you or other people.  Being negative does not solve anything, look at all of the positives such as; look how fast they have squashed all of those bugs in the last week or so.  They are obviously trying hard to get everything up and running for people to checkout.

• Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1