whitehorn

A Positive Note for the People Who Are Upset

There are always only two ways to respond to anything: love (positivity) or fear (negativity). That's it.

Let's say you gave someone money in the expectation to receive something back later, something good enough for your expectations. However, they didn't deliver it to your expectations, and you feel emotional about it. You're angry, frustrated, confused, and you feel like you've been made into a victim -- you feel negative. These are all natural ways to feel, but no one should want to stay there for a long time.

It would be my suggestion to feel those feelings as much as you can privately. Understand why you are feeling them, and then move on. If you need help in learning how to deal with those negative emotions, it is OK to ask for help. Staying in a negative state is unhealthy for you and for the people you interact with. You are spreading your negativity to others, and you become an agent for fear. Who wants to do that? Who legitimately wants to spend their time spreading fear (negativity) to the people they interact with? Doing so makes the person look like a negative person, and while some positive people may spend their time trying to help such a person, no one can force them to help themselves. The result is that positive people move away from the negative ones, and the negative ones attract to each other and spread more fear. A responsible person checks their emotions at the door when entering into any discussion. Emotions are great tools, but they sometimes make us look bad when we say things that are hateful or things that we shouldn't have said.

Complaining about the obvious is not productive. It takes up your time when you could be doing something else more productive and positive. We, as the players, can do nothing to the game to improve it. If you want to play the game in the state you initially expected, support the developers. If you are done, then be done and move on from the forums. While you have a right to be upset, you may wish to spread love around instead of fear. If you do, you may be surprised at how your life changes. 

Good luck to all of the people who are really upset about this. If you need help, I will listen to you sincerely and offer some advice, if you desire. Just send me a PM. Cheers, and have a great day!

TL;DR: 

1. Feel emotions.

2. Feel logic.

3. Use logic.

4. Be productive.

5. Spread love not fear/hate. 

Edited by whitehorn
  • Like 3
  • ver.1.22474487139 2

Sorry, but people aren't going to shove their heads in the sand, and it's crucial for potential future investors to understand just how much of a bad state the game and its development is in. Nice Donnie Darko quote, though lol.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lamona said:

Sorry, but people aren't going to shove their heads in the sand, and it's crucial for potential future investors to understand just how much of a bad state the game and its development is in. Nice Donnie Darko quote, though lol.

Individuals are literally shoving their heads into the sand by dedicating their time producing countless of anti-Identity posts within this forum when they could focus on other objectives.

Oh? I never saw that movie. I heard it's good though. 

I did suggest to do something more productive. One could chalk it up to giving money to strangers online for an invisible product/failed investment and move on. Alternatively, one could work to create a class action lawsuit. Complaining is simply not productive. 

Just now, DLimit said:

Individuals are literally shoving their heads into the sand by dedicating their time producing countless of anti-Identity posts within this forum when they could focus on other objectives.

I'm not sure you know what shoving your head in the sand means. It means to ignore an obvious issue, in this case it's the launch that's resulted in negativity.

Just now, whitehorn said:

Complaining is simply not productive. 

If you're worried about productivity, perhaps you shouldn't be perusing forums like this or trying to disregard people's concerns. Because, like I said, it isn't going to stop any time soon, as we're very much in the midst of a bad launch.

Edited by lamona
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

1. Feel emotions. 2. Feel logic. 3. Use logic. 4. Be productive. 5. Spread love not fear/hate. 

That's the TL;DR. 

21 minutes ago, lamona said:

I'm not sure you know what shoving your head in the sand means. It means to ignore an obvious issue, in this case it's the launch that's resulted in negativity.

If you're worried about productivity, perhaps you shouldn't be perusing forums like this or trying to disregard people's concerns. Because, like I said, it isn't going to stop any time soon, as we're very much in the midst of a bad launch.

In my eyes, presuming that spamming the forums with the identical posts, repeatedly, will result in attaining a refund or increasing the quality of the game at a much more rapid rate is "sticking your head in the sand".

It is not any different from a prayer when one contradicts one's self by requesting for a refund from a set of developers that one deems to be scammer.

In this case, I am referring to the multi-accounts of players spamming the forums.

P.S. I do not believe that the developers are scammers.

Edited by DLimit
  • Like 1

Just now, DLimit said:

In my eyes, presuming that spamming the forums with the identical posts, repeatedly, will result in attaining a refund or increasing the quality of the game at a much more rapid rate is "sticking your head in the sand".

It is not any different from a prayer when one contradicts one's self by requesting for a refund from a set of developers that one deems to be scammer.

Seems like we're describing different people in that case, as I would agree that kind of behavior is unhelpful. That kind of thing isn't synonymous with people who are skeptical about the game, in the same way supporting the game isn't synonymous with ignorance.

Also, people who don't think the game is going to happen =/= people calling the game a scam. Personally, the majority of skeptical community members I've spoken to (and myself) consider it more or less a mishandled project, not something actively malicious.

• Like 2

Mistakes were done, and we all apologize because it took more time than it should, and we know the launch was very rough. But we all actively try to make it better. I just don't understand why some people come and just say it's a total "scam" or trash talk the game. There's a lot of bugs yes, but at least we don't intentionally try to leave it that way. Even Motown (who left to explore other paths) wasn't expecting the launch to be that chaotic.

But I just want to say we work hard, and the developers work overtime even during weekend. I don't say that because of information being passed on, I say that because I know they do. And I've spent 12 hours nearly straight for moderating the Discord during launch day (of course I took a few breaks).

• Like 2
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

I totally agree with the OP... especially with the part "If you are done, then be done and move on from the forums." But I also understand why people act the way you described. After more than a decade of social networks, people (younger generations) are used to comment (positive and negative) about anything in their life: what they eat, how long they have to wait for the train, how school "sucks", without actually doing anything about it. And seeing this behavior everywhere it can almost be considered cultural. 

I grew so tired of this kind of behavior that I never opened any account on main socials... just Facebook to help me remember birthdays dates... I almost abandoned this forum few months prior to release cause I was sickened of people complaining on stuff (that could be actually true, at least for them) but did nothing about it. There were just a few individuals who actually refunded and kept posting here. Again, I have nothing against people voicing their opinions, but dude, you gotta be pretty darn stupid to realize you are being slowly scammed and all you do is observe and cry about it.

The saddest part is that generation will be the next politician caste...

About the game, this is pre-alpha... don't expect to have fun... Get in game (if you can) and seek for bugs... they are everywhere. Help the devs list all the bugs and classify them. Participate, be useful, be part of the community.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LordBenji said:

Mistakes were done, and we all apologize because it took more time than it should, and we know the launch was very rough. But we all actively try to make it better. I just don't understand why some people come and just say it's a total "scam" or trash talk the game. There's a lot of bugs yes, but at least we don't intentionally try to leave it that way. Even Motown (who left to explore other paths) wasn't expecting the launch to be that chaotic.

But I just want to say we work hard, and the developers work overtime even during weekend. I don't say that because of information being passed on, I say that because I know they do. And I've spent 12 hours nearly straight for moderating the Discord during launch day (of course I took a few breaks).

If I can help do something productive, let me know. I do t have technical skill, but I can help with something I'm sure. Thanks for putting up with the toxic Discord and helping the team. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Sorvete said:

I totally agree with the OP... especially with the part "If you are done, then be done and move on from the forums." But I also understand why people act the way you described. After more than a decade of social networks, people (younger generations) are used to comment (positive and negative) about anything in their life: what they eat, how long they have to wait for the train, how school "sucks", without actually doing anything about it. And seeing this behavior everywhere it can almost be considered cultural. 

I grew so tired of this kind of behavior that I never opened any account on main socials... just Facebook to help me remember birthdays dates... I almost abandoned this forum few months prior to release cause I was sickened of people complaining on stuff (that could be actually true, at least for them) but did nothing about it. There were just a few individuals who actually refunded and kept posting here. Again, I have nothing against people voicing their opinions, but dude, you gotta be pretty darn stupid to realize you are being slowly scammed and all you do is observe and cry about it.

The saddest part is that generation will be the next politician caste...

About the game, this is pre-alpha... don't expect to have fun... Get in game (if you can) and seek for bugs... they are everywhere. Help the devs list all the bugs and classify them. Participate, be useful, be part of the community.

Completely understand and agree. It's sometimes difficult to help a person know where to start with improving their attitude/life. Seems like one generation of kids is extremely entitled and can't be bothered to look inwardly. It's not their fault, though, as very few people know how to look inside effectively. The work to face one's demons is too hard, so they don't do it. They don't want to change or even see that they would benefit from adaptation. It's one reason why I wrote a book on emotions, literally. I hope to bring awareness of the methods to improve oneself once I publish it. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, whitehorn said:

There are always only two ways to respond to anything: love (positivity) or fear (negativity). That's it.

Let's say you gave someone money in the expectation to receive something back later, something good enough for your expectations. However, they didn't deliver it to your expectations, and you feel emotional about it. You're angry, frustrated, confused, and you feel like you've been made into a victim -- you feel negative. These are all natural ways to feel, but no one should want to stay there for a long time.

It would be my suggestion to feel those feelings as much as you can privately. Understand why you are feeling them, and then move on. If you need help in learning how to deal with those negative emotions, it is OK to ask for help. Staying in a negative state is unhealthy for you and for the people you interact with. You are spreading your negativity to others, and you become an agent for fear. Who wants to do that? Who legitimately wants to spend their time spreading fear (negativity) to the people they interact with? Doing so makes the person look like a negative person, and while some positive people may spend their time trying to help such a person, no one can force them to help themselves. The result is that positive people move away from the negative ones, and the negative ones attract to each other and spread more fear. A responsible person checks their emotions at the door when entering into any discussion. Emotions are great tools, but they sometimes make us look bad when we say things that are hateful or things that we shouldn't have said.

Complaining about the obvious is not productive. It takes up your time when you could be doing something else more productive and positive. We, as the players, can do nothing to the game to improve it. If you want to play the game in the state you initially expected, support the developers. If you are done, then be done and move on from the forums. While you have a right to be upset, you may wish to spread love around instead of fear. If you do, you may be surprised at how your life changes. 

Good luck to all of the people who are really upset about this. If you need help, I will listen to you sincerely and offer some advice, if you desire. Just send me a PM. Cheers, and have a great day!

TL;DR: 

1. Feel emotions.

2. Feel logic.

3. Use logic.

4. Be productive.

Do you work in phycology? 

It's not my field of study, but I do like philosophy. Philosophize enough, and you start to understand the basics of emotions.

37 minutes ago, whitehorn said:

It's not my field of study, but I do like philosophy. Philosophize enough, and you start to understand the basics of emotions.

Well I do study psychology, and let me tell you there are far more ways to respond to things than just love and fear.

• ver.1.22474487139 1

33 minutes ago, JoelKeys said:

Well I do study psychology, and let me tell you there are far more ways to respond to things than just love and fear.

I know that's why I'm sticking by this game as I know it will be fixed 

39 minutes ago, JoelKeys said:

People like to make things complicated, don't they? Life isn't complicated, but some people cannot handle simplicity. All emotions root from love, even fear. There are many ways to respond, yes, but all emotions come out of love because it is the most accepting emotion, while fear is the most divisive. I am glad that there are people that like to complicate things because that is a valid way to experience life, but for me, I choose simplicity because it is also a valid way to experience life.

"I know that I know nothing." Socrates was right.

13 hours ago, DLimit said:

Perfect example of hw much time people are wasting instead of helping the community

15 hours ago, whitehorn said:

TL;DR: 

1. Feel emotions.

2. Feel logic.

3. Use logic.

4. Be productive.

; - )  i was upset when the game came out but i told my self now its not what i expected but now i can see the developing. and test new things the will add to the game.

On 04/12/2018 at 4:52 PM, whitehorn said:

People like to make things complicated, don't they? Life isn't complicated, but some people cannot handle simplicity. All emotions root from love, even fear. There are many ways to respond, yes, but all emotions come out of love because it is the most accepting emotion, while fear is the most divisive. I am glad that there are people that like to complicate things because that is a valid way to experience life, but for me, I choose simplicity because it is also a valid way to experience life.

"I know that I know nothing." Socrates was right.

Why are you talking in riddles? No, all emotions do not stem from love. That is factually incorrect. There are disorders which prevents people feeling love, love is not the basis for all emotions. I am not complicating things, I am stating a fact. 

• Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

3 hours ago, JoelKeys said:

Why are you talking in riddles? No, all emotions do not stem from love. That is factually incorrect. There are disorders which prevents people feeling love, love is not the basis for all emotions. I am not complicating things, I am stating a fact. 

They're only riddles if they are not understood. All emotions stem from love. The ability to not feel love is not an emotion, my friend.

Some people cannot understand love in this life, to be true, but that is because they haven't been shown what it is. I argue that love is the most accepting emotion, and if someone kills someone I loved, then I will still love that murderer because we are all humans, and every human experience is valid. You can approach emotions through a clinical study, fine, but studies are not fact. They're observations of what have happened on average when studied. The moment a psychologist or doctor says that they know nothing, then I believe that physician to be wisest of all.

What have you been smoking dude?

This is like reading the lyrics of a 60s protest song.

Edited by chives
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

Suffice to say that when a person takes the arduous task of knowing themselves, then they will see. And that isn't a riddle. A lot of people don't do it because it is hard work and they fear to face themselves in the mirror. <--- That is a metaphor for seeing their true self.

9 hours ago, whitehorn said:

Suffice to say that when a person takes the arduous task of knowing themselves, then they will see. And that isn't a riddle. A lot of people don't do it because it is hard work and they fear to face themselves in the mirror. <--- That is a metaphor for seeing their true self.

You know what, you have converted me to your way of thinking, old friend. I feel as though our connections have become intertwined, two souls binding together through scriptures and gospels of love. Love is love, love is life.

• ver.1.22474487139 1

42 minutes ago, JoelKeys said:

You know what, you have converted me to your way of thinking, old friend. I feel as though our connections have become intertwined, two souls binding together through scriptures and gospels of love. Love is love, love is life.

Cool. By the way, I'm not religious. Scripture and gospel is nice sometimes, but I don't care for religion myself.