HairyGrenade

Town Square Release Hotfixes

The Town Square module has been released for a few days and we've been working tirelessly to get everything sorted over the weekend. 

We did not anticipate the incredible attention which Identity received, and it took some hours to get our systems working under immense load.

The first hotfix below was pushed out yesterday. I'm late posting the notes for that one as we've been busy focusing on more patches.

I expect that we'll be releasing patches with fixes, improvements and/or new content just about every weekday. The next update is expected to released in a few hours, and so the patch notes are also below.

Hotfix 1
  • -Fixed a whole lot of crashes! Settings menu crashes, server joining crashes, and the whole lot of them.
  • -Fixed a bug which would make your character invisible. It may still happen from time to time, but will be rare.
  • -Your character slots will now always be populated with your characters when the game starts up.
  • -Fixed an bug causing the user interface to sometimes get stuck when making characters.
  • -Textures on "that dress" are now fixed.
  • -Resolved issues when joining a friend's game through Steam.
  • -Improvements to voice communication quality.
  • -Enormous improvements to server stability.

Hotfix 2 (coming soon)
  • -Big improvements to lighting in the Town Square at night time.
  • -Fixed broken lighting in the penthouse hallway. Remember you can check out all floor plans in the elevator.
  • -Voices are both louder and longer travelling.
  • -Graphical fixes inside the elevators.
  • -Lighting on the cinema screen will now look more appropriate.
  • -Removed the glue from cinema seats.
  • -Again, more server/database stability improvements.
  • -Messages with server connections will show up as intended, telling you what's happening when you click Play.
  • -Fixed a bug which would send you back to character selection when trying to join a server if that server got full after you clicked Play (this happened a lot).

Are we supposed to be able to play right now? The game acts like it's going to send me in, but it just keeps booting me back to the main screen. Is this the last bug you mentioned?

Won't sugar coating it, absolute shambles since release but much respect for coming here and trying to communicate after taking all the shit from "internet"

what about us not getting the right apartments, i cant go up and decorate because whatever room it is im getting in 410 isnt mine, i bought the one bedroom, let alone people saying that decorations reset right now anyway but its like, the biggest thing to do in the module right now so itd be nice to hear thats working....and discord....someone P-LEASE check on the discord moderation because whatever this wave banning thing going on is, is causing alot of needless collateral damage and i cant get over how bad it is to be getting your supporters caught in these bans too for little to no reason when theres already all these bad vibes going around the community, i cant hop in and check on chats and updates or even sit there and call you a COD emblem and have fun because i was just randomly ejected out on release day for...whatever reason it was, hell if i know. i hate using forums, discord is easy and accessible, way easier to look at, and way sexier.

Edited by KitsunebisNight

3 minutes ago, KitsunebisNight said:

what about us not getting the right apartments, i cant go up and decorate because whatever room it is im getting in 410 isnt mine, i bought the one bedroom, let alone people saying that decorations reset right now anyway but its like, the biggest thing to do in the module right now so itd be nice to hear thats working....and discord....someone please check on the discord moderation because wave banning is causing alot of collateral damage and i cant get over how bad it is to be getting your supporters caught in these bans for little to no reason when theres already all these bad vibes going around the community, i cant hop in and check on chats and updates or even sit there and call you a COD emblem and have fun because i was just randomly ejected out on release day for...whatever reason it was, hell if i know. i hate using forums, discord is easy and accessible, way easier to look at, and way sexier.

Not being able to view apartments gained from pledges are related to the database issues as it pulls your profile and character info. Also, you are unbanned!

4 hours ago, HairyGrenade said:

The Town Square module has been released for a few days and we've been working tirelessly to get everything sorted over the weekend. 

We did not anticipate the incredible attention which Identity received, and it took some hours to get our systems working under immense load.

The first hotfix below was pushed out yesterday. I'm late posting the notes for that one as we've been busy focusing on more patches.

I expect that we'll be releasing patches with fixes, improvements and/or new content just about every weekday. The next update is expected to released in a few hours, and so the patch notes are also below.

Hotfix 1
  • -Fixed a whole lot of crashes! Settings menu crashes, server joining crashes, and the whole lot of them.
  • -Fixed a bug which would make your character invisible. It may still happen from time to time, but will be rare.
  • -Your character slots will now always be populated with your characters when the game starts up.
  • -Fixed an bug causing the user interface to sometimes get stuck when making characters.

Hotfix 2 (coming soon)
  • -Fixed broken lighting in the penthouse hallway. Remember you can check out all floor plans in the elevator.
  • -Messages with server connections will show up as intended, telling you what's happening when you click Play.
  • -Fixed a bug which would send you back to character selection when trying to join a server if that server got full after you clicked Play (this happened a lot).

Keep them coming :) I have faith for this game 

13 hours ago, HairyGrenade said:

Hotfix 1

Hotfix 2 (coming soon)

For the people who weren't taking this game seriously see here you go, they are working on these things non-stop yall need to understand this is a very hard and ambitious game. This shows that they care.

• Like 1