Sign in to follow this  
Edikosh

Realistic chess

So I just have seen PsiSyn "playing chess" but actually he can move anywhere he wants. You can even move a piece in between two squares. Is it that hard to do a matrix of 8x8 over the chess texture so you can check the position that the player wants to move in and tell if it is a legal move or not? CS101.

5 minutes ago, Edikosh said:

So I just have seen PsiSyn "playing chess" but actually he can move anywhere he wants. You can even move a piece in between two squares. Is it that hard to do a matrix of 8x8 over the chess texture so you can check the position that the player wants to move in and tell if it is a legal move or not? CS101.

they want use to do that by ourself i think

6 minutes ago, Edikosh said:

It is much more realistic when players and observers are expected to ensure whether any of the players are cheating. Hence, the reason as to why the current chess model is formed in such a manner. In reality, a human being is capable of putting a chess piece on any square-inch of the board. However, other human beings are expected to identify whether it was a valid or invalid move.

Edited by DLimit

29 minutes ago, DLimit said:

It is much more realistic when players and observers are expected to ensure whether any of the players are cheating. Hence, the reason as to why the current chess model is formed in such a manner. In reality, a human being is capable of putting a chess piece on any square-inch of the board. However, other human beings are expected to identify whether it was a valid or invalid move.

Fair argument, I'll take it. Although I believe there should be a 8x8 matrix so a piece can't be in the between of two squares.

Edited by Edikosh

55 minutes ago, Edikosh said:

Fair argument, I'll take it. Although I believe there should be a 8x8 matrix so a piece can't be in the between of two squares.

Let the money get into the game and I'll show you in 5 minutes why moving the pieces anywhere is a good thing (for me)

• ver.1.22474487139 1

In all honesty, this is probably all due to laziness, rather than 'let the players regulate the rules'. 

But think about it.... realistically, I doubt there is anyone who will actually play a game of chess on here? Why would you? Plenty of other better platforms to play it on.

Saying that, i would much rather the devs concentrated on some good content than write rules for a chess game no one is going to play. 

Let's not make a big deal about this, lets get the devs focused on content worth playing