OffishlGmr

How can people still defend this game.

2 minutes ago, Frisky said:

Lol dude no offense but even the super hardcore people who were refusing not to be on the devs side have gone silent... even they know this game is fucked and that they fucked us. You are disillusioned.

I wish I was wrong... but explain why main devs are leaving 

Motown. One guy. He moved to the US that is why he left. He is focusing on his life. He is still supporting in the discord if you saw last night.

• ver.1.22474487139 1

Just now, TPlays said:

Motown made the official announcement that he moved to the US a few days ago. He was also answering questions in the discord last night.

Oh okay thanks, any forum post?

2 minutes ago, Spike87 said:

Just wondering, where is the source on Motown leaving the company?

• ver.1.22474487139 1

Oh okay thanks, any forum post?

I don't believe so because most of the dev blogs were deleted.

Just now, TPlays said:

I don't believe so because most of the dev blogs were deleted.

And you don't find it weird he just leaves 4 days after a fucking awful launch and the dev blogs are being deleted?

• ver.1.22474487139 1

2 minutes ago, Frisky said:

And you don't find it weird he just leaves 4 days after a fucking awful launch and the dev blogs are being deleted?

Yes, I found that weird but he moved dude. He fucking moved. But I still support

3 minutes ago, TPlays said:

Yes, I found that weird but he moved dude. He fucking moved. But I still support

mkay

Well, I kickstarted the game and I knew exactly what I was getting into when I handed over my money.  It's always a risk and I was willing to donate to support the project with the amount I put in and also willing to accept the fact that I may lose that investment with little or no gain.  The fact that this game can become a great one was and is the reason I still support it.

I will continue supporting the game until the end wherever that may be, because it's a great idea.  People need to understand the risk of paying for early access or kickstarting a game before they spend their money is the bottom line.  If you're worried so much about losing your money, you should not gamble with it.  If you are willing to lose that amount you gambled with, then you won't be so upset when you lose it.

People are still defending the game because they want it to work out and want to have hope for it is basically what it comes down to.  This is a game that a lot of people have wanted to be created.  I have done a lot of 3d/2d work in the past and even dabbled into a little bit of programming, sound editing, and project management when I was working on my own game and I can tell you it is NOT an easy task.  That is why I continue to support the project and hope for the best.

• ver.1.22474487139 1

Well, I kickstarted the game and I knew exactly what I was getting into when I handed over my money.  It's always a risk and I was willing to donate to support the project with the amount I put in and also willing to accept the fact that I may lose that investment with little or no gain.  The fact that this game can become a great one was and is the reason I still support it.

I will continue supporting the game until the end wherever that may be, because it's a great idea.  People need to understand the risk of paying for early access or kickstarting a game before they spend their money is the bottom line.  If you're worried so much about losing your money, you should not gamble with it.  If you are willing to lose that amount you gambled with, then you won't be so upset when you lose it.

People are still defending the game because they want it to work out and want to have hope for it is basically what it comes down to.  This is a game that a lot of people have wanted to be created.  I have done a lot of 3d/2d work in the past and even dabbled into a little bit of programming, sound editing, and project management when I was working on my own game and I can tell you it is NOT an easy task.  That is why I continue to support the project and hope for the best.

EXACTLY!!! Thank you so much. I agree with this 100%. We knew what we paid for during the Kickstarter campaign.

• ver.1.22474487139 1

On 12/3/2018 at 6:09 AM, Masa said:

This game will be taken down from steam within month, Motown (one of founders) already run away, lucky duck (one of first mods on this forum if not first) left, first community manager (dont remember his name) left too, they will be gone until new year.

Motown left because he moved to the US to explore other paths. He loved his job but it was stressful. He was in the art side which is already ahead at the moment so it shouldn't affect development. I have to admit that his departure really shocked me. But I know he's a great guy and he's still around in the Discord, and will always support Identity.
35jAdO7.png

Lucky Duck is just taking a break to deal with real life. He's still around as a moderator but won't do moderation.

Beach_Ball left on good terms and didn't renew his contract. We still don't know if he'll come back. At the moment, Olio and HairyGrenade is taking the Community Manager position.

20 hours ago, Frisky said:

He didn't leave after launch, he left before but didn't announce it publicly then. He wasn't expecting the launch to be rough though.
dRJGvqr.png

As for myself, I've only recently joined the moderator team (11th of November 2018 to be exact). But since I've joined this community, I've always been on Asylum's side, regardless of all the drawbacks and unforeseen issues. I'd be lying if there wasn't a moment I've been upset. In fact, there's a few things that left me with mixed feelings, but I just learned to live with it and move on. Reason why I still support this project is because I know the team is dedicated, despite the mistakes (which happens). I know some of the developers work overtime even during weekend in order to fix those issues as soon as possible.

1 hour ago, LordBenji said:

Motown left because he moved to the US to explore other paths. He loved his job but it was stressful. He was in the art side which is already ahead at the moment so it shouldn't affect development. I have to admit that his departure really shocked me. But I know he's a great guy and he's still around in the Discord, and will always support Identity.
35jAdO7.png

Lucky Duck is just taking a break to deal with real life. He's still around as a moderator but won't do moderation.

Beach_Ball left on good terms and didn't renew his contract. We still don't know if he'll come back. At the moment, Olio and HairyGrenade is taking the Community Manager position.

He didn't leave after launch, he left before but didn't announce it publicly then. He wasn't expecting the launch to be rough though.
dRJGvqr.png

As for myself, I've only recently joined the moderator team (11th of November 2018 to be exact). But since I've joined this community, I've always been on Asylum's side, regardless of all the drawbacks and unforeseen issues. I'd be lying if there wasn't a moment I've been upset. In fact, there's a few things that left me with mixed feelings, but I just learned to live with it and move on. Reason why I still support this project is because I know the team is dedicated, despite the mistakes (which happens). I know some of the developers work overtime even during weekend in order to fix those issues as soon as possible.

Does it change anything? People from core of team left, one of them was a founder which is absolutely worse whatever reason he had, leaving your own project u have been for 4 years, after that disaster of release says it all.

I've been keeping an eye on this game for the past year (not as long as a lot of you, I know) and I bought it this weekend on Steam. I totally knew what I was getting so there haven't really been any disappointments for me. I'm in love with the idea of what this game could be, I wanted to support that and I don't regret doing so. Besides, I'm actually having fun running around in the Town Square.

I'm going to keep hoping this game continues to develop and, if the worst happens and it doesn't, then at least I know that *I* supported something that I believed in.

• Like 2

On 12/3/2018 at 8:56 AM, Spike87 said:

Just wondering, where is the source on Motown leaving the company?

He mentioned it himself. He is already gone said bye on the discord and Is going to continue to be a civ.

52 minutes ago, SaffagirlUK said:

I've been keeping an eye on this game for the past year (not as long as a lot of you, I know) and I bought it this weekend on Steam. I totally knew what I was getting so there haven't really been any disappointments for me. I'm in love with the idea of what this game could be, I wanted to support that and I don't regret doing so. Besides, I'm actually having fun running around in the Town Square.

I'm going to keep hoping this game continues to develop and, if the worst happens and it doesn't, then at least I know that *I* supported something that I believed in.

Thank you that is a great thing to say. This game is very very important to many of us because we are trying to keep the fans in a supportive state.