OffishlGmr

How can people still defend this game.

This isn't a hate post, but with the recent disaster with identity what is going through the minds of the people still defending this game? I get that it's the first module but they've also had 4 years for this first module and it's honestly the biggest disappointment this year imo. The assets are pretty i'll give it that, but the core gameplay and just bugs it's not good. Give me a reason to have hope in this game.

• ver.1.22474487139 1

In my opinion, the whole project is a patience project. The team is working very hard to make this game and I personally believe they aren't going to scam us or any of that because if they did the whole Asylum community would face backlash and it just wouldn't make sense. To summarize though small team + big idea for a game = Long wait.

Just now, Killerbotawsome said:

In my opinion, the whole project is a patience project. The team is working very hard to make this game and I personally believe they aren't going to scam us or any of that because if they did the whole Asylum community would face backlash and it just wouldn't make sense. To summarize though small team + big idea for a game = Long wait.

I don't think they ever intended for this game to be bad, never said that, I had plenty of hope in the game but after the release I've lost any sort of hope I had, I really do hope they make the game they want, but with this I don't think it's possible.

I don't really know how to motivate you to keep supporting the game. I personally invested 30 dollars to see the games progress over the years and hey if it becomes a popular game that is really good then there it is but if it becomes a game that is buggy, unplayable, disappointing, and not fun then we got our final result.

Edited by Killerbotawsome
Grammar Mistake

I'm standing by my word that if this game is ever good i'll pay full price for it, but I seriously don't think that will happen.

I think that its just they wanted this to be good so bad. Could also be they are in a form of denial that they waited so long and invested a good amount of money into something that ended up being completely broken so far. Maybe both. I think i saw this coming from the start, and it's been a good lesson in learning to make good investments.

What needs to be understood is that this is like making a plan.

You can make all the plans in the world, account for as many possibilities as possible and ensure everything is what it should be. But you can't expect an unexpected problem. Nobody and not even the devs knew this would happen because if they did they would have made allowances for more time. Everyone who is hating on the devs need to realise that this is still in alpha stage and is nowhere near full release, sure people keep on using the same old but they've had four years argument and yes they have but a small team with an even smaller budget and an even bigger idea means a very very long waiting period. If anybody expected launch to go off without a hitch I have to say that's some special kind of naivety right there.

Edited by Preston_bodhi_343

I had such high hope for this game, still I don't see it coming back from this. And I'm not blaming the module, I've played it for a couple of hours and beside the art gallery, everything worked (sorta). The devs are working like crazy non-stop for the last few days and that is honorable. They will squash all the bugs, I'm sure. But I really don't see a bright future for the game itself. After this launch, they won't get a fraction of the funds they need to continue the project. I'm talking about expanding the team, recruiting more people, renting servers, and so on... Even the already small team is breaking apart... We lost the community manager a few months ago and now Motown left the project... The real question is: would you pay whatever you invested in the past into this game NOW? My answer is no. Hands down.

I really, really hope that someone, anybody could prove me wrong.

Edited by Sorvete

4 minutes ago, Sorvete said:

I had such high hope for this game, still I don't see it coming back from this. And I'm not blaming the module, I've played it for a couple of hours and beside the art gallery, everything worked (sorta). The devs are working like crazy non-stop for the last few days and that is honorable. They will squash all the bugs, I'm sure. But I really don't see a bright future for the game itself. After this launch, they won't get a fraction of the funds they need to continue the project. I'm talking about expanding the team, recruiting more people, renting servers, and so on... Even the already small team is breaking apart... We lost the community manager a few months ago and now Motown left the project... The real question is: would you pay whatever you invested in the past into this game NOW? My answer is no. Hands down.

I really, really hope that someone, anybody could prove me wrong.

We just have to keep supporting the idea, keep the progress moving, this can't be a failed attempt, the idea is so pure and we need a MMORPG like this.. we can't keep raging over a pre-alpha stage.. I mean people need to chillout on the whole SCAM SCAM SCAM drama.. it's been a rocky start for sure.. but it's not even the full release, it's a test server... to test how things are going.. community managers are a dime a dozen, I've seen tons replaced by other game companies.. I don't know what Motown did but I'm sure they will fill the role somehow.

We need to keep this thing going and just be patient while they fix it and come up with some sort of compensation for the rocky start, obviously people are upset and now it's a time to band together and heal the initial wounds.

11 hours ago, Killerbotawsome said:

This game will be taken down from steam within month, Motown (one of founders) already run away, lucky duck (one of first mods on this forum if not first) left, first community manager (dont remember his name) left too, they will be gone until new year.

Edited by Masa
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Masa said:

This game will be taken down from steam within month, Motown (one of founders) already run away, lucky duck (one of first mods on this forum if not first) left, first community manager (dont remember his name) left too, they will be gone until new year.

Where there's smoke, there's fire. Motown leaving in particular is a seriously bleak symbol at this point that is impossible to ignore. 

What a disappointment. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, lamona said:

Where there's smoke, there's fire. Motown leaving in particular is a seriously bleak symbol at this point that is impossible to ignore. 

What a disappointment. 

yeah, first fraction of tiny module doesn't even started working yet and big part of core team that started it is already gone, rats running away from sinking ship, probably barely anyone is working on it now (they said about 20 artist work on in so im assuming they are already gone) they enjoyed sweet wages for doing fuck all 4 years and now gonna blame this failure on us, already seen peoples on reddit and steam forum reporting it as a "broken product" unbelievable some peoples here still talking about it hyped for patches...

• Like 2

13 hours ago, OffishlGmr said:

This isn't a hate post, but with the recent disaster with identity what is going through the minds of the people still defending this game? I get that it's the first module but they've also had 4 years for this first module and it's honestly the biggest disappointment this year imo. The assets are pretty i'll give it that, but the core gameplay and just bugs it's not good. Give me a reason to have hope in this game.

I haven't logged into the servers yet, aside from creating a character (with which the animations are lagged). I knew from that point that the servers aren't yet optimised for the game and thus the devs of like what, 5 or 6 people(?), are stretched pretty thin.

While your anger isn't really misplaced, does it really accomplish or achieve anything?

You're backing the developers to produce the game. That's what your donation was for. If you honestly think they should be doing much better, then take yourself to College/University, get a degree in game development, and join their team. It should only take you three to four years, so by that timeline, they should be just about to release the SWAT module :)

2 hours ago, GoldenPancake said:

Everybody that still has hope for this game is stupid. Yes, games can recover from a bad launch. BUT all the paid devs, MoTown included, have been FIRED. Probably because they ran out of money.

Stop telling false information. Motown left on his own and he said that in the discord.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iiMStevo said:

I haven't logged into the servers yet, aside from creating a character (with which the animations are lagged). I knew from that point that the servers aren't yet optimised for the game and thus the devs of like what, 5 or 6 people(?), are stretched pretty thin.

While your anger isn't really misplaced, does it really accomplish or achieve anything?

You're backing the developers to produce the game. That's what your donation was for. If you honestly think they should be doing much better, then take yourself to College/University, get a degree in game development, and join their team. It should only take you three to four years, so by that timeline, they should be just about to release the SWAT module :)

There was (at this point idk even anybody that rest of founders working on it) about 30 employees working on it 4 years, if thats for u small team u haven't seen small team yet. The fact is they were mostly artists and at this point its even more damning when u realize only that small fraction of the map is done, very limited character creator, very few clothing options, ui looks like from windows 98, jamming all the time and even animations arent done. Good games like firewatch or subsistence are created by single person, scum by about 15 peoples, without any funding, just in free time after irl work, talent is what count not number of devs, especially when it coming to so tiny bit of work like TS, servers weren't even up for release, they started booting them yesterday and they are only in US and Oceania, me from EU still can't connect 3 days after release, not a single word from devs whats wrong, when it going to work, still same old message in game that servers going to be up at Saturday night but we have Monday already... this game is absolute car crash, now I'm seriously thinking if I will be able to connect once before steam will take them down or they just abandon it without any information.

Edited by Masa

1 hour ago, Masa said:

Good games like firewatch or subsistence are created by single person, scum by about 15 peoples, without any funding, just in free time after irl work, talent is what count not number of devs, especially when it coming to so tiny bit of work like TS.

So it has been proven that the team has no experience in game development. Now with 4 years you can have more than enough time to learn how to use UE4 system and somehow develop a decent Town Square module. Maybe from now major updates will come basing on that last statement.

24 minutes ago, Edikosh said:

So it has been proven that the team has no experience in game development. Now with 4 years you can have more than enough time to learn how to use UE4 system and somehow develop a decent Town Square module. Maybe from now major updates will come basing on that last statement.

If 4 years, over million dollars and 20 artists isn't enough to even finish whole map there is no hope for me, they probably already running out of money and TS isn't a game yet, just bugged 3d chat room that jamming every 2 minutes. Just take a look at youtube 'fast lvl design' realize what game dev hobbyist can do in few hours, asylum probably learn as they go and doesn't really care what they will try to do tomorrow.

16 hours ago, OffishlGmr said:

We know what we signed up for. We are testers for a game that isn't even in alpha yet. These are the things people need to understand.

Just now, TPlays said:

We know what we signed up for. We are testers for a game that isn't even in alpha yet. These are the things people need to understand.

Yeah we understand we are testers. They gave us a game that isnt even close to being playable.. and it is a freaking walking and kind of chat sim... Also explain the devs jumping ship 4 days after launch

4 minutes ago, Frisky said:

Yeah we understand we are testers. They gave us a game that isnt even close to being playable.. and it is a freaking walking and kind of chat sim... Also explain the devs jumping ship 4 days after launch

That is the thing. This game isn't a beta or an alpha its barely a pre-alpha. when Minecraft first came out all you could do was break and place one block. Now, look at what it is.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TPlays said:

That is the thing. This game isn't a beta or an alpha its barely a pre-alpha. when Minecraft first came out all you could do was break and place one block. Now, look at what it is.

Less than what minecraft is that is what this is. Atleast minecraft had content. this has nothing 

Man honestly. Get your refund and get out of here. We are testers. If you can't understand that I am sorry.

2 minutes ago, TPlays said:

Man honestly. Get your refund and get out of here. We are testers. If you can't understand that I am sorry.

Lol dude no offense but even the super hardcore people who were refusing not to be on the devs side have gone silent... even they know this game is fucked and that they fucked us. You are disillusioned.

I wish I was wrong... but explain why main devs are leaving 

• Like 1

Just now, Spike87 said:

Just wondering, where is the source on Motown leaving the company?

Motown made the official announcement that he moved to the US a few days ago. He was also answering questions in the discord last night.

• ver.1.22474487139 1