Sign in to follow this  
Musturdballs

Serious question

So with so much anger and rage on twitter and the steam reviews being extremely negative, a lot of people are done with this game and many are trying to get refunds. The reviews will drive people away from buying the game so how will this company continue to make money for the future modules. 

They have already made plenty of money to be able to fund the modules. People are quick to rip apart a company/game when it doesn't go according to plan. Once the kinks and all are fixed and it becomes playable, the good reviews will climb.

Fuck knows.

Hence why one of my posts mentioned First impressions count.

They had their chance and totally fucked it. 

When you're given rope to climb down a cliff and its too short, you wont have the strength to climb back up and its a long way down......... just saying!! :O.o xD

1 hour ago, 4thdesign said:

Fuck knows.

Hence why one of my posts mentioned First impressions count.

They had their chance and totally fucked it. 

When you're given rope to climb down a cliff and its too short, you wont have the strength to climb back up and its a long way down......... just saying!! :O.o xD

Well considering that the main reason for a lot of the delays were that they knew that first impressions count, I'd believe it's more our fault than theirs. I understand that there is a lot of controversy, but had it not been for us getting pissy for release and had we been patient. We might've gotten the game later, but it would've been in a better stance.

Just now, SummitsEdge said:

Well considering that the main reason for a lot of the delays were that they knew that first impressions count, I'd believe it's more our fault than theirs. I understand that there is a lot of controversy, but had it not been for us getting pissy for release and had we been patient. We might've gotten the game later, but it would've been in a better stance.

I disagree.... its no-one's fault but the developers of this "game"

As I have eluded to before, any professional development team will be totally focused on a release that works. I have a feeling that these guys are just amateurs who have no business sense or urgency as to how to develop a game, market it and then finally release it. 

You don't rush out a  game that doesnt work (think back to the first 24hours, it was shambolic) You don't rush out a game before its fans are whining about how long its taking, you ENSURE you ONLY release it when its ready and you have something to show.

Unfortunately, these amateurs have probably released due to a little pressure from its fans, and thats a HUGE mistake. I have a sneaky suspicion that the release was possibly an early version and they have uploaded the wrong and most current (working....hopefully) version.

You can't blame anyone but the developers.

1 minute ago, 4thdesign said:

I disagree.... its no-one's fault but the developers of this "game"

As I have eluded to before, any professional development team will be totally focused on a release that works. I have a feeling that these guys are just amateurs who have no business sense or urgency as to how to develop a game, market it and then finally release it. 

You don't rush out a  game that doesnt work (think back to the first 24hours, it was shambolic) You don't rush out a game before its fans are whining about how long its taking, you ENSURE you ONLY release it when its ready and you have something to show.

Unfortunately, these amateurs have probably released due to a little pressure from its fans, and thats a HUGE mistake. I have a sneaky suspicion that the release was possibly an early version and they have uploaded the wrong and most current (working....hopefully) version.

You can't blame anyone but the developers.

I can agree with this, I was just trying to state that they very well knew that first impressions mattered.

Just now, SummitsEdge said:

I can agree with this, I was just trying to state that they very well knew that first impressions mattered.

Absolutely...... they have totally blown it I am afraid. Now they are trying to plaster over the cracks with a  piece of tissue paper with the small updates that are coming, its now been updated again, and broken the "game"

Not a promising start I have to say :(

1 minute ago, 4thdesign said:

Absolutely...... they have totally blown it I am afraid. Now they are trying to plaster over the cracks with a  piece of tissue paper with the small updates that are coming, its now been updated again, and broken the "game"

Not a promising start I have to say :(

It makes No Mans Sky's release look astounding

• Like 1

So, do we think this WAS working okay for the devs but was not tested under the stress of very many players? I can't believe they would even offer it to Steam for publication consideration until they had dumped a lot of testers on it first. 

9 minutes ago, MemphisMan said:

So, do we think this WAS working okay for the devs but was not tested under the stress of very many players? I can't believe they would even offer it to Steam for publication consideration until they had dumped a lot of testers on it first. 

Good question and its a tough one. 

3 possible reasons.

1. They collapsed under the pressure of the whining on these forums, but as far as I am aware, have they ever been seen in these forums?

2. They uploaded a very old early version of Townsquare (or perhaps this is the latest version!!)!!! LOL

3. This is indeed the latest version and they are patching as they go in the hope that things work (don't hold your breath)

4....... because there is always another point...... the excuse of the 3rd party is just an excuse to save their embarrassment.

But to be honest..... no-one knows apart from the developers and they are hardly going to tell you  anything at this stage anyway! :D

34 minutes ago, 4thdesign said:

Good question and its a tough one. 

3 possible reasons.

1. They collapsed under the pressure of the whining on these forums, but as far as I am aware, have they ever been seen in these forums?

2. They uploaded a very old early version of Townsquare (or perhaps this is the latest version!!)!!! LOL

3. This is indeed the latest version and they are patching as they go in the hope that things work (don't hold your breath)

4....... because there is always another point...... the excuse of the 3rd party is just an excuse to save their embarrassment.

But to be honest..... no-one knows apart from the developers and they are hardly going to tell you  anything at this stage anyway! :D

So, I don't think it's #1. I"ve seen #2 happen where I work (that sounds bad, doesn't it?) #3 would beg to ask the 2nd part of my question again..if they need it would need a lot of patching day 1 why upload it? and #4 would be used if it could be used. And there's always my first suspicion/hope and that is that they did indeed test it under stress, it worked, they uploaded it and then something happened maybe due to more stress than what they used. Oh well, Hang in there. Hopefully, it gets ironed out.