Sign in to follow this  
wiebley

This should not be available to buy on steam!

This is my opinion/held by me alone and many may disagree which is fine, but let's be human here.

I'm not being funny, but I personally feel it is a disgrace that Asylum are trying to flog this game on Steam - its one thing to screw up the kickstarter people, they knew what they were in for, but to try and sell this as a game on steam is just dishonest. 

The community has done its best to try and protect those spending their actual money by leaving the deserved feedback/reviews, but there will be many people out there who want to try it anyway and will end up being scammed with promises that Asylum have not proved that they are able to deliver. They don't know the history behind all the delays, promises etc. 

Judging from what has been delivered, (ignoring the bugs) can you honestly believe that Asylum have the capability to deliver the following functionality to a level that is playable and fun?

- Guns

- Cars

- Jobs

I understand that upon release many games have bugs, I get that... But, Asylum have literally shown hardly any understanding of game development. Ignore the the main bugs and look at the game... Look at it for what it is... This is a sub-par university final year project/dissertation, not a game people should invest money in, let alone the additional apartments, dogs, cars and clothing!

Absolute disgrace in my opinion that this has been put up for sale on steam.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, wiebley said:

This is my opinion/held by me alone and many may disagree which is fine, but let's be human here.

I'm not being funny, but I personally feel it is a disgrace that Asylum are trying to flog this game on Steam - its one thing to screw up the kickstarter people, they knew what they were in for, but to try and sell this as a game on steam is just dishonest. 

The community has done its best to try and protect those spending their actual money by leaving the deserved feedback/reviews, but there will be many people out there who want to try it anyway and will end up being scammed with promises that Asylum have not proved that they are able to deliver. They don't know the history behind all the delays, promises etc. 

Judging from what has been delivered, (ignoring the bugs) can you honestly believe that Asylum have the capability to deliver the following functionality to a level that is playable and fun?

- Guns

- Cars

- Jobs

I understand that upon release many games have bugs, I get that... But, Asylum have literally shown hardly any understanding of game development. Ignore the the main bugs and look at the game... Look at it for what it is... This is a sub-par university final year project/dissertation, not a game people should invest money in, let alone the additional apartments, dogs, cars and clothing!

Absolute disgrace in my opinion that this has been put up for sale on steam.

Lol I just played for an hour with no interaction options... and it was a good wake up call to show how boring the game will be when the fun of all the features wears off... there is nothing to this module once you try everything... I fear this game will tank hard in population once people realize that.

• Like 2

Their listed lead programmer on LinkedIn apparently graduated in Software Engineering with honors in Business Management in 2014.

Edited by Nonala
Timestamp

I share the same opinion, this game shouldn't be on steam. They should have beta testers instead that could fill the server and see how it behaves, what happens, what changes, etc.

The core part of the game is pretty much done, it needs (a lot of) work but I don't doubt they can get to the vehicles, guns, and jobs. It's gonna be a hell of a task for them, though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, asshole said:

uhh i dont think you can 

Yes you can... its even on special offer with 10% off at just £21.41! 

How about this for a piece of understanding. If at the moment, there were to be a closed alpha (this is alpha btw), then they would not receive any new players. If it does take them until 2020 to release the actual beta, and they are not able to make any more money off of this game, because I'm very certain that players wouldn't wanna buy a game they have to wait two years to get into, then how are they going to continue development. I understand your frustration with there being a promised closed alpha, but riddle me with. With a low amount of players, and the players that are done with the game already leaving. How're they going to fund, find bugs, and develop this game.

37 minutes ago, SummitsEdge said:

How about this for a piece of understanding. If at the moment, there were to be a closed alpha (this is alpha btw), then they would not receive any new players. If it does take them until 2020 to release the actual beta, and they are not able to make any more money off of this game, because I'm very certain that players wouldn't wanna buy a game they have to wait two years to get into, then how are they going to continue development. I understand your frustration with there being a promised closed alpha, but riddle me with. With a low amount of players, and the players that are done with the game already leaving. How're they going to fund, find bugs, and develop this game.

I don't think there are people who are done with the game. If you're into roleplay you can't turn a blind eye to Identity. It's ambitious, we were promised an insane amount of content and if they manage to deliver even half of it, you'll see no one actually left. 

I do agree with you, there should be a closed alpha (or perhaps an open alpha during a certain weekend like most games do nowadays) and I don't think it'd be hard to find players that wanted to test the game. They wouldn't get as much hate and negative reviews if they had done that instead of releasing the game on steam for everyone to see, judge, and spread a bad image of the game that won't be forgotten so soon.