Sign in to follow this  
ECONova

Its a Prank??

Sorry, but this not a game, its a big prank...Setting options are not available. Main menu have a big bug. cant see any "options" like hidden hud...see only the room and the shadow of the player. if i click on play, but nothing happens....cant believe that dev release a so big error...

• ver.1.22474487139 1

2 minutes ago, ECONova said:

Sorry, but this not a game, its a big prank...Setting options are not available. Main menu have a big bug. cant see any "options" like hidden hud...see only the room and the shadow of the player. if i click on play, but nothing happens....cant believe that dev release a so big error...

They've actually stated those issues were part of a third party UI and they were waiting for them to fix it and then release a patch but the patch kept failing when being packaged. Follow their Twitter for updates to be properly informed. https://twitter.com/Identityrpg

Servers are down right now, so that's why you can't play. This can't be a prank for three big reasons:

1. Steam, a highly reputable and respected company, has agreed to license and publish this game. If Steam thought this game was going to mess with us all, they wouldn't release it. They wouldn't gain enough money to repair the damage it would do to their reputation. Steam has bad games, but a bad game is different from a prank or scam.

2. The Devs entire livelihoods depend on this going well. Sure, they made a ton of cash, but they've been using it for this game. We're seeing content, and that has to come from somewhere. We know they're paying people and have a team. They didn't take the money and go golfing. If this was a scam, then the funds would stop coming once everyone caught on. You can't fool people forever. Putting it on Steam was the exact moment this couldn' be a sham anymore. We'd realize it was fake the moment we got to play, then money would stop coming. it this wasn't real then steam would never be involved. If they dangled it above us, then I'd be more inclined to believe it wasn't really what they said it was. Their careers would be over if they messed with all of us.

3.There are a lot of people supporting this. A  lot of unnamed, unknown people, who could be able to do anything. What if a very powerful, affluent person was scammed? What would they do to Asylum? Even throngs of irate, offended people are threatening on the internet. We're too much of an unknown variable to toy with.

Of course, if you don't agree with me, I understand. This is what I firmly believe, though.

• ver.1.22474487139 1

2 hours ago, Order said:

Servers are down right now, so that's why you can't play. This can't be a prank for three big reasons:

1. Steam, a highly reputable and respected company, has agreed to license and publish this game. If Steam thought this game was going to mess with us all, they wouldn't release it. They wouldn't gain enough money to repair the damage it would do to their reputation. Steam has bad games, but a bad game is different from a prank or scam.

Lol no, steam releases so many scams and then they have to remove the game from their services countless times a year. Aka perfect example

The Stomping Land. Game gets massive funding, releases a broken game, barely updates it, company gives no communication and then its removed from steam within 3 months and no one gets any refunds. This is real life, if the Devs for this communicated more properly with the community I'd say otherwise but this looks like a huge scam/prank. 

2 hours ago, Jesty said:

Lol no, steam releases so many scams and then they have to remove the game from their services countless times a year. Aka perfect example

The Stomping Land. Game gets massive funding, releases a broken game, barely updates it, company gives no communication and then its removed from steam within 3 months and no one gets any refunds. This is real life, if the Devs for this communicated more properly with the community I'd say otherwise but this looks like a huge scam/prank. 

Ah, my apologies. My two other points still hold, though. Thank you for the information.

5 hours ago, Order said:

2. The Devs entire livelihoods depend on this going well. Sure, they made a ton of cash, but they've been using it for this game. We're seeing content, and that has to come from somewhere. We know they're paying people and have a team. They didn't take the money and go golfing. If this was a scam, then the funds would stop coming once everyone caught on. You can't fool people forever. Putting it on Steam was the exact moment this couldn' be a sham anymore. We'd realize it was fake the moment we got to play, then money would stop coming. it this wasn't real then steam would never be involved. If they dangled it above us, then I'd be more inclined to believe it wasn't really what they said it was. Their careers would be over if they messed with all of us.

Maybe this team wasn't capable of handling such a project. So either you are correct and they wasted the money in useless stuff and hiring freelancer programmers who appear to fail on doing something solid, or perhaps they grabbed most of the cash for themselves and kept just a little to mantain Identity.

Let's think on the future, consider that right now Aslyum needs a fresh new team of developers/designers in order to change what they have done and refactor (and repair) most of the current work. First of all, can they afford that change? Would any game programmer/art designer join up with a low salary?

In my opinion, there's no turning back. But as I have said on another thread, they have a few options: use that cash for maintaining their lives while studying CS or game programming, merge with a studio, focus on Arma3/GTA V server or shut everything down.

Edited by Edikosh

5 hours ago, Order said:

3.There are a lot of people supporting this. A  lot of unnamed, unknown people, who could be able to do anything. What if a very powerful, affluent person was scammed? What would they do to Asylum? Even throngs of irate, offended people are threatening on the internet. We're too much of an unknown variable to toy with.

Of course, if you don't agree with me, I understand. This is what I firmly believe, though.

You must be new to Steam :D

I like your optimism but all your points can be used towards games that have failed in the past. It's obviously not a "prank" but it's starting to become a scam. Weather the devs intended it to or not is debatable but people who have backed the kickstarter and have backed the game have every right to feel like they are getting scammed currently.