Sign in to follow this  
TripleSixGamer

[Tutorial] How to get the console working.

Hello everyone,

Since the developers are working on resolving some issues at the moment, the only way to check out TownSquare is to enter it by typing  'open TownSquare' in the console. To open the console you press the tilde (~) key in the main menu. But for some people the console won't open. So therefore I decided to write a little tutorial on how I fixed it.

First, open Steam and right click on 'Identity', then click on properties and go to the 'general' tab.

Here you click on 'Set launch options'

Click to see image

There you type in '-console'

Click to see image

Click on 'OK' and you should be all good!

Enjoy looking around for now! :D

Edited by TripleSixGamer

im guessing the reason you cant open console is because some menus/main menu wont allow a input from a keyboard. if you go to a tab like key binds or dev where you can input keys you can open the console. sorry if that doesnt make sense 

11 minutes ago, Whosdaiz said:

im guessing the reason you cant open console is because some menus/main menu wont allow a input from a keyboard. if you go to a tab like key binds or dev where you can input keys you can open the console. sorry if that doesnt make sense 

What you said does make sense. However, I've tried from every menu. Even from the places menus disappear altogether.

Got it working by doing what Triple said, but you have to be in the settings panel in order to access the console.
When I tried it however, the character didn't show up and I couldn't interact with everything. I think this is due to me playing local and not loading everything in properly, what should be done by using the "Play" button on the start screen.

Good enough if you want to look around till the servers are back online

Okay, so I think thats my problem atm. Game crashes when I try to get in the settings - thought that making a new character is good enough. Thanks for the information

edit: reinstalled and I can get to setting but not to the console

Edited by einherjer
additions