Sign in to follow this  
Theclassicboys

Very disappointed, how about you guys?

Can not even load into a single server after their "server connection Update",  Crashes, lags, menus crash on game, UI is trash For how long they have been working on the just the town square module you would think it would have been better and more well made. A game should be made by professionals, ex, Rockstargames of this size for many of us who have waited years to start the game and find all theses bugs i believe is unacceptable, don't get me wrong the concept of the game is wonderful but needs to be made by people who have a clue of what they are doing and getting them self into, that can make a single deadline. in my own advice i think they released this to have people quit whining, they obos didn't test their UI like they said in "Task manager", post they had, and the other bugs they took so long to get this far testing as they said. well if they tested their game wouldn't you think that the bugs that came out from us testing it wouldn't have happened?, especially for the problems in just making a player in the main menu before even trying to join a server. Wonderful concept for a game but i think it needs to be made by someone/people who have the technology and the knowledge of what they are doing in their game, theirs to many bugs in the UI, the start menu and god knows how many in game but i had never had a opportunity yet to test the game because they already took down their servers, when i downloaded the game last night, had server bugs and just went to bed hoping to wake up and it would be better but they shut down their servers

What are your guys thoughts and opinions on the game, release of it where you  disappointed or what tell me your toughts

Edited by Theclassicboys

4 minutes ago, Theclassicboys said:

Can not even load into a single server after their "server connection Update",  Crashes, lags, menus crash on game, UI is trash For how long they have been working on the just the town square module you would think it would have been better and more well made. A game should be made by professionals, ex, Rockstargames of this size for many of us who have waited years to start the game and find all theses bugs i believe is unacceptable, don't get me wrong the concept of the game is wonderful but needs to be made by people who have a clue of what they are doing and getting them self into, that can make a single deadline. in my own advice i think they released this to have people quit whining, they obos didn't test their UI like they said in "Task manager", post they had, and the other bugs they took so long to get this far testing as they said. well if they tested their game wouldn't you think that the bugs that came out from us testing it wouldn't have happened?, especially for the problems in just making a player in the main menu before even trying to join a server. Wonderful concept for a game but i think it needs to be made by someone/people who have the technology and the knowledge of what they are doing in their game, theirs to many bugs in the UI, the start menu and god knows how many in game but i had never had a opportunity yet to test the game because they already took down their servers, when i downloaded the game last night, had server bugs and just went to bed hoping to wake up and it would be better but they shut down their servers

What are your guys thoughts and opinions on the game, release of it where you  disappointed or what tell me your toughts

Idk if I can be disappointed (tbh expected a shit show). A better wording for how I feel is infuriated. I knew we were getting a glorified chat room... but I expected the glorified chat room to work.. Im ok with bugs.. not this bullshit.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Frisky said:

Idk if I can be disappointed (tbh expected a shit show). A better wording for how I feel is infuriated. I knew we were getting a glorified chat room... but I expected the glorified chat room to work.. Im ok with bugs.. not this bullshit.

Bugs i believe its more than just bugs and you are accurate. im okay with bugs my self but with the amount of "bugs" this game has so far its more than a bug its bullcrap

Just now, Theclassicboys said:

Bugs i believe its more than just bugs and you are accurate. im okay with bugs my self but with the amount of "bugs" this game has so far its more than a bug its bullcrap

Exactly this just shows they lied about being prepared again, and from what i have heard from people who have played it is just horrible

Not disappointed, I expected this. The game is hugely ambitious, and the development team is inexperienced. If this had been a Rockstar game I would have been disappointed, but it isn't - it's a major game being developed by inexperienced developers, so many people have just placed unrealistic expectations on it. Frankly I think what has been created so far is beautiful and promising. 

• Like 2
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

2 minutes ago, Frisky said:

Exactly this just shows they lied about being prepared again, and from what i have heard from people who have played it is just horrible

if they could play it you couldn't even join a server and when i did i was kicked out in matter of seconds. than they released their "Sever connection update" that was bullcrap than they take down their servers? Wow what a update that was.

Edited by Theclassicboys

3 minutes ago, Kaitlyn said:

Not disappointed, I expected this. The game is hugely ambitious, and the development team is inexperienced. If this had been a Rockstar game I would have been disappointed, but it isn't - it's a major game being developed by inexperienced developers, so many people have just placed unrealistic expectations on it. Frankly I think what has been created so far is beautiful and promising. 

A game that doesn't run and has been riddled with bugs is very nice looking yes. 4 years of work, go look at the character customization and tall me you are impressed... it is pitiful at best.

• Like 1

It's not intended to be a finished game, it's the first module. This has been said from the beginning. This is a pre-alpha version of a game in development, NOT a finished game. 

• Like 1

Just now, Kaitlyn said:

It's not intended to be a finished game, it's the first module. This has been said from the beginning. This is a pre-alpha version of a game in development, NOT a finished game. 

your not understanding his point 4 years of making one module for the out come of this is bull

20 minutes ago, Theclassicboys said:

your not understanding his point 4 years of making one module for the out come of this is bull

Keep in mind that Asylum is a small company which is making a game which big companies such as EA or Bethesda haven´t even thought of.

Edited by Aatupaatu12
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Theclassicboys said:

I am understanding his point. This game hasn't been in development for 4 years, it required a kickstarting funding before anything could begin. Also, people are expecting Rockstar development from a small team of brand new inexperienced developers with limited resources. Many games take years to become anything worth playing, especially if they're developed by small companies. This is an ambitious game being created by a small team of amateur developers, something that has currently only been done by major gaming companies with ample experienced staff and near endless resources. You're expecting a Lamborghini when you're paying for a Chevy Spark. 

• Like 1
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

18 minutes ago, Kaitlyn said:

This is what is supposed to kickstart identity and make people want to play it.... they should've done better

3 hours ago, Aatupaatu12 said:

Keep in mind that Asylum is a small company which is making a game which big companies such as EA or Bethesda haven´t even thought of.

lolwat? Haven't even thought of it? I think you mean that they have not tried because they know better.

To do what they have visioned, and to have enough players to make it worth it, they would need to have a huge world and servers that can handle and perfectly sync upwards of 500 players regardless of how crappy their connection is. Maybe in the future, but this simply is not possible yet.

Look at how shitty games like Arma3 Life and Project Life run when they get even close to 100 people.

16 minutes ago, MarcusCaat said:

Who has a picture of the city?

I believe the youtuber TheDynasty has some footage, but I could be wrong.

Its just that the menu music is way too upbeat that isn't what I was expecting and they said there would be many customization options there isn't not really what I was expecting. 

3 minutes ago, MrClark said:

Its just that the menu music is way too upbeat that isn't what I was expecting and they said there would be many customization options there isn't not really what I was expecting. 

Don't mind the tunes, the customization has me a bit down, though.

I'm not disappointed. I gave myself the right expectations. I was expecting issues on launch day, I knew it would be buggy, and I knew this was a small team with a much smaller budget than most games. I still support the devs, but clearly it didn't go as planned. They'll get it fixed up and we'll get the beta for the whole game hopefully when it's ready. This thread has been decent, but a lot of the others and Discord are out of control.

Edited by PrimusPalus

1 hour ago, Order said:

Don't mind the tunes, the customization has me a bit down, though.

you can see from previous live streams there is other customisation items completed they might just be holding back on releasing everything all at once  

To be honest about what they have released i am not dissapointed, even though i bought the founder's pack about 1 month ago.
But reading through the forum posts and following back their activity i realised my expectations for a game (virtual world) that promises to deliver so much and be made by small indie company isn't probably going to happen. At least not on a scale like Anarchy Online or  Project Entropia.
Also i would very much like to point out that nowdays it's the small indie groups that are taking the leap to create the games people want.
A few examples would be: Ark Survival Evolved, The Forest, Path of Exile, Stranded Deep, Sate of Decay. These developers had the idea and courage to embark on a journey to deliver something new and immersive to the players. The big AAA companies aren't doing anything spectacular right now, just milking the same old franchises for years and creating shiny graphics.

I know that there are people who put in more than 30$ but honestly you can't have the same expectations from a small studio as you would from all the large companies which have built there reputation through one or more decades and have an army of employees.

So i am hoping that this project will become a thing that we will enjoy for years.

Edited by rock3ru1984

I'm not going to lie, but my VOD from my stream explains it all. Link to Vod.

Its very unfortunate, but hopefully they can regroup after this and make it into what we expected.

@KylebownWatch my VOD 

Just now, MuffinManEJ said:

I'm not going to lie, but my VOD from my stream explains it all. Link to Vod.

Its very unfortunate, but hopefully they can regroup after this and make it into what we expected.

That will explain why servers are down.