jclar371

Cant even get a refund

I spend $250 on this last year and because of how bad it flopped i want a refund but now i cant, How lovely.

• Like 1

Kind of glad i only put in the $30 for this game. Weird how Fallout 76 is getting all the shit over a bag...at least the game works. We shall see tho. Im sure the devs will get it working.

• Like 1

Just now, jclar371 said:

the devs will get it working eventually but i dont want to have $250 down on the game

Yeh i feel you man. 

Sometimes it makes sense to think before you pay that much money on a game. Especially, when you think it could be be a fail. Don't forget this is the beginning of a long journey. So what do you expect from an early EA? Be patient and give it some time

34 minutes ago, jclar371 said:

I spend $250 on this last year and because of how bad it flopped i want a refund but now i cant, How lovely.

you mad bro dont trust anyone with your money and that much that sucks

15 minutes ago, einherjer said:

Sometimes it makes sense to think before you pay that much money on a game. Especially, when you think it could be be a fail. Don't forget this is the beginning of a long journey. So what do you expect from an early EA? Be patient and give it some time

Thats why there are things called refunds

10 minutes ago, jclar371 said:

Thats why there are things called refunds

That's what we call funding. Sometimes is it not bad to be a bit patient. What do you expect? A RC-build?

3 hours ago, jclar371 said:

the devs will get it working eventually but i dont want to have $250 down on the game

What you did is exactly like giving money to a homeless guy who promised to pay you back one day. Do not give money to people on the Internet for an invisible product if you cannot afford it. Welcome to Common sense 101. 

• ver.1.22474487139 1

4 hours ago, jclar371 said:

Gasté $ 250 en este último año y, debido a lo mal que lo hice, quiero un reembolso, pero ahora no puedo, Qué bonito.

I know what it is, I only spent $ 30 but I can not imagine what it would be $ 250, I have 7 months trying to get my money back and they sweat from my

14 hours ago, whitehorn said:

What you did is exactly like giving money to a homeless guy who promised to pay you back one day. Do not give money to people on the Internet for an invisible product if you cannot afford it. Welcome to Common sense 101. 

Exactly like giving money to a homeless guy who promised to pay me back day one is completely different, I put money on this because i thought the devs would not release the game in the buggy state that it released in because of the amount of delays. And i can afford it i just dont want the money to go to waste on a product that is terrible 

36 minutes ago, jclar371 said:

Exactly like giving money to a homeless guy who promised to pay me back day one is completely different, I put money on this because i thought the devs would not release the game in the buggy state that it released in because of the amount of delays. And i can afford it i just dont want the money to go to waste on a product that is terrible 

Then be patient and supportive. :) This is how Early Access games from independent developers goes, friend. No offense, but from an objective point of view, it would seem you started out with high expectations.  Support your developers with encouragement, and your life will be less stressful. You may yet be surprised! 

3 hours ago, jclar371 said:

If you thought the module release was not going to be released with bugs... you unfortunately set yourself up for failure and disappointment. I'm actually impressed the servers were up at all. I halfway expected a complete crash and inability to rejoin (as I often do for most releases). At least some people got in-game and did stuff. I bought into the game but didn't have a chance to log in. But, I'm also not lighting the forums and Discord on fire with unreasonable nonsense. I'm patiently waiting to see what they do. 

I've bought into countless EA titles. Some they have fixed and have become decent games, others they abandoned and stole my money (Wild West Online comes to mind there). But I buy into Early Access games to do two things:

1. Support the development.
2. See potential in a future product.

I feel my money was at least well spent thus far in supporting the team. Do I think this was a botched release? Yeah, sure. Things definitely didn't go as planned. But we're in the first 48 hours here. I'm not concerned yet. If they don't get the servers up and the game running within a week or two... I'll start worrying.

Edited by PrimusPalus

17 minutes ago, PrimusPalus said:

If you thought the module release was not going to be released with bugs... you unfortunately set yourself up for failure and disappointment. I'm actually impressed the servers were up at all. I halfway expected a complete crash and inability to rejoin (as I often do for most releases). At least some people got in-game and did stuff. I bought into the game but didn't have a chance to log in. But, I'm also not lighting the forums and Discord on fire with unreasonable nonsense. I'm patiently waiting to see what they do. 

I've bought into countless EA titles. Some they have fixed and have become decent games, others they abandoned and stole my money (Wild West Online comes to mind there). But I buy into Early Access games to do two things:

1. Support the development.
2. See potential in a future product.

I feel my money was at least well spent thus far in supporting the team. Do I think this was a botched release? Yeah, sure. Things definitely didn't go as planned. But we're in the first 48 hours here. I'm not concerned yet. If they don't get the servers up and the game running within a week or two... I'll start worrying.

Its more because they were testing the game for months and still managed to let this crap show of a release get through 

27 minutes ago, jclar371 said:

Its more because they were testing the game for months and still managed to let this crap show of a release get through 

Which can happen. Happens all the time with big studios. Look at Day Z. They've released tons of updates that had issues and the whole community was able to test the build out before it went live for often weeks. This team probably has a small handful of testers. They definitely wouldn't be able to find everything. My understanding was the major problems were a result of the UI. I'm guessing that was rushed in or updated poorly and obviously caused major issues. Does that mean the dev team is incompetent, unable to produce a decent game, etc? No. It means that they'll need to work harder and be more careful in the future.

I'm sorry for being blunt, but once you gave them that $250, whatever happened to it after was not under your control. The money we put into this game was in pure faith, to support a product we could not see but trusted would exist.

The product we currently have is flawed, but our support was not for the first thing we saw. It's for that final product. This isn't the game, this is a beta module. Once we claimed our keys, we had vowed to see this to the end. You took your key, and so you're bound just like anyone else. I'm sorry you regret it, but there isn't much to say in way of comfort here. If your problem is you don't like your money going to what you see now, then try to think about the final step here, not the first.

Imagine someone wants to bake a cake. They don't have the ingredients, so they ask people for them. People chip in and give them sugar, baking soda, eggs, all the works. You want a cake. The cake they are saying they want to bake sounds tasty, so you buy a nice bag of flour and give it to them. The person says they'll make a cake and goes to the kitchen. Later on, you all go to check and see how the cake is doing. The person is mixing the ingredients together. That's not a cake. You ask for that flour back, because you're hungry now and you can't eat what's in the bowl. You no logner want him using the flour because that mixture isn't cake. All the flour was used, though, and you can't get any back. While the flour is gone, the hope of a  good cake is still real. The person just needs to finish.