sp00dz

Music Industry

Hello, I would like to start off by saying I'm new to this forum. I'm looking forward to this game ALOT! The thing that I am probably most interested in doing in this game is becoming a musician. I have a few questions and ideas to improve this career type. 

1. Questions:
  2. What instruments will there be?

Will there be a DAW ( Digital Audio Workstation) in-game?

How will music be distributed?

Will there be a top songs chart or something along the line?

Ideas:

I think it would be really cool if people where able to record/produce songs of different genres, rap, pop, EDM, rock, and be able to send it into a record label. This would give people more opportunities to start up businesses, since the labels will be player owned. It would also be cool if the record labels could distribute these records to the people in-game. If a player sells enough records it would be cool if they got an item to put on there wall like a platinum record or something along those lines. Allowing this means you could set up charts to see how sold the most records and so forth.  (This would create a whole new industry that the government could tax so the city funds will go up.) Festivals could also become a cool player driven business. Where a player would buy a plot of land and set up a stage and every month or so (When ever they want to do it) pay artist to come up and perform sets. There could be an admission price and this could end up making a lot of money for many players.

TL;DR I would love for there be an extensive music industry in this game.

•  
  • Like 3

+1

I have produced two tracks, and I am intrigued and interested anything involved with music or tracks. So seeing as music is such a wide interest, I would love to see this implemented and worked upon. 

I feel as if a record label could be to overwhelming though. I feel like it should start slow. Having CD's and being able to sell them and play them in ones vehicle or bike. Then we could go from there. I believe we have bigger things to worry about right now atleast, than music, but in the future. I would love to see it. Good suggestion!

• Like 3

I play tenor sax so depending on how in depth it goes with how music is played it is will depend on what I do with it

I really hope there is something like this. Like for example, if you create a song and it becomes popular, it comes on the radio and stuff. That would be amazing.

• Like 2

The game is going to end up costing hundreds of dollars and seriously hit the budget if it went that deep. 

Rather have the instrument models that you own, play and/or sing into your mic, there you go- moment had and you're better at playing your instrument. 

That would also justify me mic-spamming loud Russian rap to everyone on the server.

I'm looking forward to Music Label, so I might take care of the distribution :) 

• Like 1

On 5/1/2016 at 1:46 AM, SilberDrachen893 said:

The game is going to end up costing hundreds of dollars and seriously hit the budget if it went that deep. 

Rather have the instrument models that you own, play and/or sing into your mic, there you go- moment had and you're better at playing your instrument. 

That would also justify me mic-spamming loud Russian rap to everyone on the server.

I for one would be completely alright with jamming out to russian rap in some bar somewhere in little Kiev (wherever the Russian mob that just popped up ends up claiming) and with the local chat being what I think it is it'd be just that bar that gets to enjoy.

A music Industry would be awesome !

I am a singer , and its will be awesome if I can make like a band and do live shows. and get movie for it.

a career of a star !

I want to distribute and sell music to companies, as well as hire individuals for judging musics. 

It will be a unique part of the game if it gets as deep.

As for a award like platinum, the judges should make and decide who deserves what trophy. 

Placing a legit signature, not a computer made sig, would also be astounding as a renown judges Sig could be viewed world wide and you can brag to friends in game.

So far what we know about music is that there will be instruments in game that can be played note by note. There is  karaoke bar in game so singing through you mic is a thing and the devs have also stated that there will be stages where you can perform and on these stages, amps will make instruments and voice through louder.

DJing has been touched on but i am not too sure about it but i believe it will be in there, also hosting your own radio station will be a possibility. 

• Like 1

On 4/27/2016 at 7:30 PM, DeadBryson said:

+1

I have produced two tracks, and I am intrigued and interested anything involved with music or tracks. So seeing as music is such a wide interest, I would love to see this implemented and worked upon. 

I feel as if a record label could be to overwhelming though. I feel like it should start slow. Having CD's and being able to sell them and play them in ones vehicle or bike. Then we could go from there. I believe we have bigger things to worry about right now atleast, than music, but in the future. I would love to see it. Good suggestion!

I think this would be an awesome addition to the game!  I would love to be your's or other musician's manager, i think that would be cool.