Sign in to follow this  
RebSevenFour

Who screwed the pooch?

Really!  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Rumour has it the devs didn’t upload the game to steam in time to make release! How do you think this was allowed to happen?

• Expert level incompetence
    • Purposeful skullduggery
    • Who cares I’m done

Release date unfulfilled, Twitter accounts getting deleted and the usual stony silence we’ve come to expect from Asylum. 

Seeing as we won’t be even given the chance to break this module today I thought I’d run a poll for fun to take my mind away from the disappointment it’s yet again experiencing.

Is this just another monumental fuckup or is something more nefarious afoot? And do you even care anymore?

Edit: HairyGrenade has responded in the comments about his twitter status

Edited by RebSevenFour

2 minutes ago, RebSevenFour said:

Release date unfulfilled, Twitter accounts getting deleted,  and the usual stony silence we’ve come to expect from Asylum. 

Seeing as we won’t be even given the chance to break this module today I thought I’d run a poll for fun to take my mind away from the disappointment it’s yet again experiencing.

Is this just another monumental fuckup or is something more nefarious afoot? And do you even care anymore?

Twitter accounts have not been deleted, my old one got locked weeks ago so I had to create a new one.

• Like 1

Just now, HairyGrenade said:

חשבונות טוויטר לא נמחקו, הישן שלי נעול נעול לפני שבועות ולכן הייתי צריך ליצור אחד חדש.

What happens with the release of the model ???

Can you tell us a whats what happens now and when exactly it comes out in germany so at least the other big youtubers are talking about you badly right now and say that the whole thing is just a flop.

I thought they were gonna release the game but with servers crashing constantly. This is disappointing..I believe people who bought this game and couldn't get a refund just wants to play at least some chess lol.

Being somebody that has bought the game late and had busied myself with other things while waiting and knowing that people have been waiting on this game for three years, and that it's seemingly being made by passionate developers that seem to care about quality rather than insufficient releases, and being someone that has tried to learn making a basic game, I'd say that making and designing and fixing a game is both hard and time consuming. I can appreciate the effort that is put into something like this. Waiting a few more days will not kill other people if it is actually eventually released, patched, and fixed with quality, though I would rather be assured it will eventually release. Something big like this really does take time and a lot of effort and that's why I can respect creators to wait on just what will be released. I'm of the opinion that people are entitled to choose what to play, but I think that this game has a lot of good potential and promise if people just wait instead of jumping the gun and jumping ship every time a launch goes bad which is what most MMORPGs struggle with because of balancing load and postponed releases. Most MMORPG release launches crash or bug out initially, especially in betas that are designed to test out bugs and fix them. Every new pre-release is like this but at the very least hopefully it is not going to be a release like fallout 76 where the population would be promised all these features that either had been false or misrepresented, knowing that people would still buy it and couldn't back out of it because of that darn 'download button' that wouldn't allow refunds. After Bestheda dodging responsibility because of their corporate greed, they're releasing patches slowly to appease the dwindling fanbase, but if you know Bestheda they'll often release games buggy and leave the patching to the hardwork of modders and still profit. If something that is paid for isn't released at all then that's where the problem lies, but I do have hope and have a relative feeling that this won't turn out like those kickstarter promises that take in loads of money from other people knowing that they don't even plan on releasing it and I have hope and feeling that they will release this because Identity is on the store page which means it is planned and can't be backed out of actually being released because too many people have bought this. Common now though, waiting a few days is not going to kill other people and in the meanwhile if it doesn't release immediately next week, people have time for other things and can actually do something else while it is on its way, so before impulsively deciding to abandon something just because of this one mishap, why not stick around a while but it does just goes to show that waiting before buying something that is five hundred dollars until it is assured that it will be worth it would save a lot of complaints and money, though I can understand unfulfilled promises.

They submitted the game to Steam a bit ago. I'm assuming the servers crashing was due to a flood of players or some test that went awry. I still trust this game and its Devs. They've improved a lot from what I've seen, and perhaps it's just my nature, but I see no reason to be mad at them for this right now. I understand many people are getting impatient and fed-up with Asylum, and it's not unjustified, but they are honestly trying to fix the issue. We are still going to get our game; that much is certain fact. The time is the iffy thing here, and it wasn't like the developers intentionally broke the servers for us. Give them a little longer, please. It's hard to work when not only your big game has messed up, but there are also a legion of irate supporters on your tail. I believe in them. I'm not asking for your faith, I only beseech you to give them at least the rest of the day or so.

8 minutes ago, Order said:

They submitted the game to Steam a bit ago. I'm assuming the servers crashing was due to a flood of players or some test that went awry. I still trust this game and its Devs. They've improved a lot from what I've seen, and perhaps it's just my nature, but I see no reason to be mad at them for this right now. I understand many people are getting impatient and fed-up with Asylum, and it's not unjustified, but they are honestly trying to fix the issue. We are still going to get our game; that much is certain fact. The time is the iffy thing here, and it wasn't like the developers intentionally broke the servers for us. Give them a little longer, please. It's hard to work when not only your big game has messed up, but there are also a legion of irate supporters on your tail. I believe in them. I'm not asking for your faith, I only beseech you to give them at least the rest of the day or so.

I agree. This is Asylum's game, and the community should be satisfied whether it's delayed or not.