Sign in to follow this  
jjustgreg

This is legit bad business practice

First off, you miss deadline after deadline, then you are extremely horrible with communication.

Then you start selling BS like "Pay 5 bucks and you can create a custom shirt!" Something which SHOULD BE FREE.

Dogs, cats, houses all that nonsense all money grubbing.

But now NO DEDICATED SERVERS?

ARE YOU SERIOUS?

Only RENTABLE servers?

This is DayZ level cash grab.

I beg the devs, don't do this to the costumers.

This shit is anti consumer as hell.

Stuff like this honestly seems like this game is going to be just another cashgrab poor asset flip game.

I honestly hope to god i'm wrong, hopefully some devs or mods  can correct me if I'm wrong.

With this, I would gladly be wrong, I honestly do.

I've been looking forward for this game for so long, and if this is honestly the route you guys are going, I feel very, very, very let down.

Many already said this game is too good to be true, and shit like this makes me think this might be the case.
If this is all correct, this is honestly EA style bullshit.
Edit: I recall that I've been TOLD by MODS a few months ago, that there WOULD be dedicated private servers eventually, looking through my history if I can find it.
I am 100% certain though.
If you can indeed create custom shirts and stuff without having to pay REAL LIFE money, then I'm okay with it. Then I can live with rent only server shit, even though I still hate it as a business practice.
I get the devs want money, but to milk out every creative endevour and everything is beyond messed up.

Edited by jjustgreg

23 minutes ago, jjustgreg said:

But now NO DEDICATED SERVERS?

There has never been anything saying there would be dedicated servers from the start. The renting price will be close to nothing and also there are no dedicated servers due to the server structure which is "Google cloud servers" and 1 server is not one, it is multiple servers creating 1 server. Private servers will only be available at full game release. 

27 minutes ago, jjustgreg said:

If you can indeed create custom shirts and stuff without having to pay REAL LIFE money, then I'm okay with it.

You will be able to create custom shirts in game eventually (being full game release etc.) 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, LuckyDuck said:

You will be able to create custom shirts in game eventually (being full game release etc.) 

Does this mean you have to keep buying the IRL 5 dollar token from the site?
Or will you be able to create custom shirts (in full release) without having keep shilling out 5 dollars per custom design?
If this is the case, that you don't have to keep paying 5 bucks per custom design and custom shirt or shoes etc, that would make it better.
Mainly because I like creating stuff, so if you allow me to create stuff, I can overlook 90% of things I disagree with.
Thanks for your reply, I do appreciate you taking your time

@jjustgreg
In the Twitch clips, it's been said that it's a possibility that we will have the option to upload small images for shirts (or company logo), which will be moderated. Although, you won't see that in the modules for now.

• Like 1

Modules will be cloud servers. Full game will be official cloud servers and community (rented) servers. That's the way Asylum wants it, and LuckyDuck already explained the reasoning behind it.