Sign in to follow this  
Mikusiodaktyl

TV news system

About things like car crashes, murders or bank robberies, that players actually did in-game. Game will detect where it happened, what part of the day, if someone was hurt or killed, how it ended, is suspect catched or still on the run etc. And we will be hearing this on news in TV at like 9PM, and on the radio in-between songs few times a day. It will require quotes for every situation and game will have to set them in the right order. Is it possible? What do you think about it?

Edited by Mikusiodaktyl
  • Like 2

I would like to see a profession based on this. Maybe a ticker that pops up on your phone to give you news updates and a live broadcast possible on the home TVs. Can't see why it wouldn't be doable, just need to be coded right.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PrimusPalus said:

I would like to see a profession based on this. Maybe a ticker that pops up on your phone to give you news updates and a live broadcast possible on the home TVs. Can't see why it wouldn't be doable, just need to be coded right.

You cannot record in game nor have cameras which record or show live on the TV's from in game. you must use third party software to record and stream to YT or Twitch. You can search up peoples streams and videos on YT on the in game TV.

• ver.1.22474487139 1

3 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

You cannot record in game nor have cameras which record or show live on the TV's from in game. you must use third party software to record and stream to YT or Twitch. You can search up peoples streams and videos on YT on the in game TV.

Gmod had that simple camera system, i rememeber using it when i was working on cinematic things, pretty sure that with a bit of coding they could recreate the same thing, even tho it would be more complex i can't denie that, but i clearly think that's doable, my boi@Mikusiodaktyl got a good idea right there !

Submit it here mate ! 

https://www.identityrpg.com/community/forum/17-ideas-suggestions/

Now that i think about it a radio broadcast is also possible, could be cool to listen to news on the radio while driving, it also was on a gmod server i played on

Edited by Baltaiiir
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Baltaiiir said:

Gmod had that simple camera system, i rememeber using it when i was working on cinematic things, pretty sure that with a bit of coding they could recreate the same thing, even tho it would be more complex i can't denie that, but i clearly think that's doable, my boi@Mikusiodaktyl got a good idea right there !

In game camera stuff and that will make lower performance for players and so that is why third party software is required for such things like recording or live streaming for Television.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, LuckyDuck said:

Doesn't mean it won't/can't be added later.

Edited by PrimusPalus

Yep, and then we can have bounty hunters trying to capture criminals that have evaded the Police.

Awesome stuff, but this is all going to take time I guess. I suspect once all the employment things amongst other things that need to be done, will be a few years in the making. Then identity may well be out of date and many people would have moved onto other things.

Shame really, this game has great potential NOW..... not in a year or 2 years time..... or however long it takes.

Not absolute true when talking about MMORPG... There are lots of MMORPG out there that are on the market for decades now.

On 11.11.2018 at 12:35 AM, Baltaiiir said:

Submit it here mate ! 

https://www.identityrpg.com/community/forum/17-ideas-suggestions/

Now that i think about it a radio broadcast is also possible, could be cool to listen to news on the radio while driving, it also was on a gmod server i played on

Thanks, but it appears being a newsman will just be a thing to do if bored or interested in it, it wont be even a job that you get money for, lol.

On 11/10/2018 at 2:22 PM, LuckyDuck said:

this is incorrect 

very wrong

1 hour ago, asshole said:

this is incorrect 

very wrong

I'm not sure why you believe it's incorrect, but I know for sure that his information is correct. Both Twich clips mention about not being able to stream live videos in-game.

https://clips.twitch.tv/ColorfulWiseCasetteItsBoshyTime Mechanics (Will the game have a built in video recorder/replay feature?) - November 14th 2017

https://clips.twitch.tv/SmokyCharmingNuggetsBloodTrail Environment (Will there be TV Studios/Newsrooms you could RP in? ft. Radio info) - January 9th 2018

• Like 1

maybe getting slightly ahead of yourselves here... Let's see if they managed to code the chess game properly first huh?

There are all these hypothetical idea's coming out which are for the most part bloody awesome... but you have to remember who is coding this game and the resources available to them. If all this stuff was do-able by a tiny company... why hasn't a larger company like rockstar already included it all in GTA? It's not like they won't have thought of it?

I used to work at a company that makes a very popular MMORPG. Just to add a single new feature to the game, it took months and months of coding among 6-8 developers, the same amount of time for the 6 VFX artists, then about 2-3 months in Quality Assurance with a team of 6. For one small aspect of the game... 

All these idea's are just that... really good ideas... but I think if you want to see these ideas come to life... you are in the wrong place. 

On 11/15/2018 at 2:43 AM, wiebley said:

There are all these hypothetical idea's coming out which are for the most part bloody awesome... but you have to remember who is coding this game and the resources available to them. If all this stuff was do-able by a tiny company... why hasn't a larger company like rockstar already included it all in GTA? It's not like they won't have thought of it?

Because GTA V did not need to include this in there game plus GTA V was being developed in 2011 so I doubt the technology was around back then.

stream it on twitch. anyone will be able to watch any twitchstream ingame

Edited by Shimozukachi
  • Like 1