charlieboy

private identity server

Hello guys my name is carlie and my steam name is charlieboy (profile pic is a zombie)

I am looking forward to identity so much but at the back of my mind i feel it could be ruined by the kids.
Dont get me wrong im not bashing the kids here im just saying alot of the time they dont know how to play by the rules.
so what do we do? we go round looking for a white listed serverwhere theres no kids and it has about 30 people on it
and unless you go to a big city or set up some sort of RP event then you dont see anyone for hours im basing this information
from my time playing dayZ and arma life mods of course and identity may be different but for now we just dont know.
so i will be setting up a private server but im not going to do it unless i have enough people to populate the server
in a way that everyone who plays will have fun and be able to experience everything identity has to offer.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO HELP PAY FOR THIS SERVER AND ANY DONATIONS WILL NOT BE REWARDED AT ANY TIMES.

So lets say we get 300 people to join the server?

Here are the two things i would like to talk about until we know for sure what identity will bring.

RPING.

Everyone who joins the server must stick to there character.
If you dont want to RP then just act as yourself and give your character your name.
I would like to have a mix of people in the group to suit everyone so light and hardcore RPers all welcome.

POPULATION.

I would like to have a balance on the serve i mean we cant all just be cooking meth in the swamp right?
If we did that where would the fun be? So here are the numbers i thought of myself and please let me know what you think

COPS 75  criminals 75  civilians 150

If anyone has ideas based on facts we know are planned for identity then please be sure leave a comment.

I will set up a steam group for those who are interested just add me on steam from the details above and il inv you to the steam group.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/IdentityCommunity

Once you are in the group we can start to make up the numbers of who wants to do what ie cop, criminal, civilian, company owners and all that stuff.

Thanks hope to see you all in the group very soon :)

Edited by charlieboy
TYPO
  • Like 1

Lot of potential here, if you rake in some serious RPers then this could really take off

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, PaulieMariano said:

Lot of potential here, if you rake in some serious RPers then this could really take off

Couldn't agree more. But the main worry about it is that it would be a pointless server without atleast 200 people or 100 people to populate the whole island.

2 minutes ago, lukemac said:

Couldn't agree more. But the main worry about it is that it would be a pointless server without atleast 200 people or 100 people to populate the whole island.

True, bad numbers are the one thing that can make even the best server crash and burn, I know from first hand experience.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PaulieMariano said:

True, bad numbers are the one thing that can make even the best server crash and burn, I know from first hand experience.

That is where young people could help. Numbers draw people in.

I did say if we dont get the numbers it wont get off the ground im doing this now to build the comunity before the games release so we will have the numbers we need to make it work and i will also let the kids in but if they mess up just like anyone else there gone simple as that

13 minutes ago, charlieboy said:

I did say if we dont get the numbers it wont get off the ground im doing this now to build the comunity before the games release so we will have the numbers we need to make it work and i will also let the kids in but if they mess up just like anyone else there gone simple as that

So you are saying you will monitor the server 24/7?

11 minutes ago, Shimozukachi said:

never use your reallife name as internet nickname

Incase you are talking about me, this is not my real name.

17 minutes ago, lukemac said:

So you are saying you will monitor the server 24/7?

im saying myself and other people who i trust to become admins will do the best we can and if people have proof of any wrong doing then people will be dealt with accordingly

6 minutes ago, charlieboy said:

im saying myself and other people who i trust to become admins will do the best we can and if people have proof of any wrong doing then people will be dealt with accordingly

Sounds good. Sounds well thought out.

Edited by lukemac

12 minutes ago, charlieboy said:

hit me up on steam man join the group

Will do. Is it by invite?

Can't at the moment btw.

Edited by lukemac

2 hours ago, charlieboy said:

Hello guys my name is carlie and my steam name is charlieboy (profile pic is a zombie)

I am looking forward to identity so much but at the back of my mind i feel it could be ruined by the kids.
Dont get me wrong im not bashing the kids here im just saying alot of the time they dont know how to play by the rules.
so what do we do? we go round looking for a white listed serverwhere theres no kids and it has about 30 people on it
and unless you go to a big city or set up some sort of RP event then you dont see anyone for hours im basing this information
from my time playing dayZ and arma life mods of course and identity may be different but for now we just dont know.
so i will be setting up a private server but im not going to do it unless i have enough people to populate the server
in a way that everyone who plays will have fun and be able to experience everything identity has to offer.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO HELP PAY FOR THIS SERVER AND ANY DONATIONS WILL NOT BE REWARDED AT ANY TIMES.

So lets say we get 300 people to join the server?

Here are the two things i would like to talk about until we know for sure what identity will bring.

RPING.

Everyone who joins the server must stick to there character.
If you dont want to RP then just act as yourself and give your character your name.
I would like to have a mix of people in the group to suit everyone so light and hardcore RPers all welcome.

POPULATION.

I would like to have a balance on the serve i mean we cant all just be cooking meth in the swamp right?
If we did that where would the fun be? So here are the numbers i thought of myself and please let me know what you think

COPS 75  criminals 75  civilians 150

If anyone has ideas based on facts we know are planned for identity then please be sure leave a comment.

I will set up a steam group for those who are interested just add me on steam from the details above and il inv you to the steam group.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/IdentityComunity

Once you are in the group we can start to make up the numbers of who wants to do what ie cop, criminal, civilian, company owners and all that stuff.

Thanks hope to see you all in the group very soon :)

Well I was totally going to do this like a month ago but thought it was way too early.

Edited by JamesLuck01

11 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Well I was totally going to this like a month ago but thought it was way too early.

im confused. Your going to this?

4 minutes ago, charlieboy said:

im confused. Your going to this?

shite miss type.

I corrected it

Edited by JamesLuck01

I missed the word do " Well I was totally going to do this like a month ago but thought it was way too early"

You see!

Edited by JamesLuck01

3 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

I missed the word do " Well I was totally going to do this like a month ago but thought it was way too early"

You see!

ah i got ya man sorry. i was thinking it was very early myself but if you want to hit the ground running you need to get people on board very quickly or a long time before release. to be honest id rather just join a server but at the same time id like to be able to regulate the community to keep the idiots out

5 minutes ago, charlieboy said:

ah i got ya man sorry. i was thinking it was very early myself but if you want to hit the ground running you need to get people on board very quickly or a long time before release. to be honest id rather just join a server but at the same time id like to be able to regulate the community to keep the idiots out

I haven't started getting people in my community properly for the server but I have started recruiting Administrators/ Moderators. I private message anyone I have thought to be good enough, but obviously I haven't asked for a answer until release of the game. 

4 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

I haven't started getting people in my community properly for the server but I have started recruiting Administrators/ Moderators. I private message anyone I have thought to be good enough, but obviously I haven't asked for a answer until release of the game. 

where are you from where would you host your sever maybe we could share this venture with more people?

20 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

I am English and UK is the place for me. I am making a serious server not a hardcore rp one.

i dont really like heavy RP but i wouldnt say no to it on my server i like it light where you just act yourself really but im also  from UK

26 minutes ago, JamesLuck01 said:

Age? and also Serious roleplayers won't want too little rp.

im 34 and i think most people who will play this game will be somewhere in the middle