catastrophe

Favorite game of 2018?

Hey guys! While we wait out the last stretch for the Town Square module, I thought it'd be fun to hear about your favorite newly released games of 2018. Or, if you don't have an outlying favorite, then maybe a game that you weren't expecting to be great but you actually enjoyed!

For me, Detroit: Become Human pretty much took over my life this year, I loved it so much I kept going back and replaying to see all of the different endings I could get! It was super interactive and the characters were great. 

Red Dead Redemption 2 is also incredibly amazing (have you seen the graphics yet??!), but I just purchased it and haven't gotten that far yet so I had to go with D:BH.

Let me know what game you enjoyed the most this year!

I agree with Red Dead Redemption...The graphics are even amazing in 1080p! I can't wait to see how good it looks on or PSpro...imagine how amazing it would look if they released it on PC?! I really feel like ROCKSTAR slapped PC gamers in the face by not releasing RDR2 for PC and not even mentioning if it ever was. Which imo would be incredibly silly to not release it for PC. Shadow of the Tomb Raider and AC Odyssey are also two really good games released this year...Just Cause 4 comes next month...there are so many great looking games coming in the near future...I would have never been on PC to play them if I hadn't seen Identity...SCUM is one of them EA games released this year that has am amazing foundation and I can't wait to see what the future has in store for gaming with the complexity that games are starting to have.

Mine's obvious as my husbando is plastered all over my avatar and signature. xD I'm an RPG kinda of girl, and a long-time fan of the most popular jRPG, Dragon Quest. XI came west on September 4th of this year and is seated as best game of the year for me. <3 (a lot in part due to my husbando, but it's an amazing game even outside of that)

14 hours ago, RichardCranium said:

I agree with Red Dead Redemption...The graphics are even amazing in 1080p! I can't wait to see how good it looks on or PSpro...imagine how amazing it would look if they released it on PC?! I really feel like ROCKSTAR slapped PC gamers in the face by not releasing RDR2 for PC and not even mentioning if it ever was. Which imo would be incredibly silly to not release it for PC. Shadow of the Tomb Raider and AC Odyssey are also two really good games released this year...Just Cause 4 comes next month...there are so many great looking games coming in the near future...I would have never been on PC to play them if I hadn't seen Identity...SCUM is one of them EA games released this year that has am amazing foundation and I can't wait to see what the future has in store for gaming with the complexity that games are starting to have.

Oh yeah I totally forgot about them not releasing it on PC! I was really disappointed about that too, I have a fantastic graphics card and without a doubt it would look at least 10x better than on my PS4 (I don't have a PS4 Pro...)!

10 hours ago, ShiEksdee said:

Mine's obvious as my husbando is plastered all over my avatar and signature. xD I'm an RPG kinda of girl, and a long-time fan of the most popular jRPG, Dragon Quest. XI came west on September 4th of this year and is seated as best game of the year for me. <3 (a lot in part due to my husbando, but it's an amazing game even outside of that)

Nice, I don't think I've checked out Dragon Quest games before! I just looked up XI and it looks pretty awesome, I'm definitely going to add it to my list of games to play.

2 hours ago, Matumbo said:

u mean FAVORITE GAME OF 2022

Haha, I'm pretty positive that games set to come out in 2022 haven't been released yet. :D

• ver.1.22474487139 1

On 11/8/2018 at 12:15 AM, subway244 said:

It hasn't released yet, but I am really excited for Cooking Simulator and UBOAT. They look like fun Indie games, and they should release soon! :)

Those games do look fun! I love cooking simulators!

• Like 1

Hands down for me is Red Dead Redemption 2. I'm extremely irritated with Rockstar for not releasing it on PC. But I bought it for my business on Xbox and it looks amazing on the One X. They did a great job and this is easily THE example all other open world single player games should look to.

• Like 1

On 11/9/2018 at 1:23 PM, PrimusPalus said:

Hands down for me is Red Dead Redemption 2. I'm extremely irritated with Rockstar for not releasing it on PC. But I bought it for my business on Xbox and it looks amazing on the One X. They did a great job and this is easily THE example all other open world single player games should look to.

I agree!! I've been playing more of RDR2 over the past week and I'm blown away by the attention to detail! The world feels so real and I could spend hours just doing the card games, fishing/hunting challenges, and causing mayhem.

• Like 1

On 11/6/2018 at 5:54 PM, RichardCranium said:

Do you intend on ruining our eyes or do you think this looks cool?

• ver.1.22474487139 1

On 11/6/2018 at 11:29 AM, catastrophe said:

Hey guys! While we wait out the last stretch for the Town Square module, I thought it'd be fun to hear about your favorite newly released games of 2018. Or, if you don't have an outlying favorite, then maybe a game that you weren't expecting to be great but you actually enjoyed!

For me, Detroit: Become Human pretty much took over my life this year, I loved it so much I kept going back and replaying to see all of the different endings I could get! It was super interactive and the characters were great. 

Red Dead Redemption 2 is also incredibly amazing (have you seen the graphics yet??!), but I just purchased it and haven't gotten that far yet so I had to go with D:BH.

Let me know what game you enjoyed the most this year!

I liked Red dead 2. Also enjoyed South Park: The Fractured But Whole. Black Ops 4 was okay but I got burnt out on it pretty fast. And have been debating getting Battlefield V, I played the beta and really enjoyed it but haven't because I get some heavy Battlefield 1 vibes.

• Like 1

Battlefield V by a far margin. Got it from Eneba for good price and if you have a good gpu, you;ll fall in love with this game. I dont have RTX but still it looks fucking gorgeous 

Edited by Mandarinas45